Lady Vol Candace Parker is engaged

There are 56 comments on the WBIR Knoxville story from May 8, 2007, titled Lady Vol Candace Parker is engaged. In it, WBIR Knoxville reports that:

It has been quite a month for Tennessee standout Candace Parker. After leading her the Lady Vols to a National Championship and gracing People Magazine's Most Beautiful Issue, Candace Parker is celebrating an ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR Knoxville.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
BallaBby

United States

#1 May 8, 2007
Hey Congrats CP3! I wish you all the success in your future marriage and in the upcoming year with the Lady Vols, hope you guys get that ring again! Be Easy and Be Happy! We'll hoop against each other one day, but until then you're my fav! Peace!
ee for 10C

Powell, TN

#2 May 9, 2007
Where will their kids play college basketball? I propose the girls come to UT and the boys go to Duke?
greatterp

Washington, DC

#3 May 9, 2007
those are gonna be some ugly kids....No amount of Candace's beauty can cover up the orc that is Shelden Williams.
Bill

United States

#4 May 9, 2007
Congratulations Sheldon and Candice. I admire you both and wish you the best!!!!!! Lets Go Duke!
Ur biggest fan

AOL

#5 May 9, 2007
oh how special candace must feel right now! I love the way that you play candace it's really facinating! good luck in all you do.

Love,
Your biggest fan
John Gerson

Birmingham, AL

#6 May 9, 2007
greatterp wrote:
those are gonna be some ugly kids....No amount of Candace's beauty can cover up the orc that is Shelden Williams.
Only a Maryland fan would post such a low class comment. Maybe you could go to the wedding and throw a bottle at them or their parents.
Chuck

Maryville, TN

#7 May 9, 2007
After she was in People magazine and Candace started getting so much attention I figure Sheldon thought he better snatch her up quick before she realized she could do so much better. She is going to have money one day so she doesn't need that from a man.

Anybody else think he looks like a bulldog?
DEEZ

Knoxville, TN

#8 May 9, 2007
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANGGGITTT!!!! !
Jerry Cox Duke 54

AOL

#9 May 9, 2007
I wish them great happiness.
If only they can survive the glare of media exposure that is likely to follow them around. Not to mention travel, etc.
I watched Shelden every game he played at Duke, and have the opinion he is a very kind and considerate person.
And Candance handles herself with style and grace.
barn

United States

#10 May 9, 2007
Congratulations. I wish you both the best. However, I do not think is a good idea. Candice is a young and upcoming star. She does not need this type of thing in her life at this time. She is TOO young for this. The road for her is unlimited. She is a beautiful, very cute, young lady that can get what she wants when she gets her career on full track. She does not need this right now. I wish her the best along with her fiance. Well, I just hope she does not marry at the time. During this period, she can decide what she wants to do with this relationship. I promise you she will realize that she does not need this in the long run.
Jacob

Boiling Springs, SC

#11 May 9, 2007
I think it's pretty rude to say things like that about Shelden...Candace must love him or they wouldn't be engaged.
I guess some people (mostly Maryland fans) will always feel so big on the internet. I dare you to say that to shel in person.
Can't you just be happy, terpfan, that your team beats Duke every year no matter what? No, you also have to be an arrogant ass clown
iland

Kansas City, MO

#12 May 9, 2007
woooow i just wish her the best of luck
angie

United States

#13 May 9, 2007
I wish the both of them the best of luck. Candace and Sheldon seem like very solid and classy young people. To the Terps fan, shame on your for classless comment on Sheldon.
Soheil Saeed

Gaithersburg, MD

#15 May 10, 2007
I go to Maryland but am a HUGE Duke fan, rest assured that ALL of Marylands student population is as assanine and rude as the Twerp cited many times above. Its shameful to me sometimes to be associated with these people. Having said that, congrats to Shel Shel and Candace, I wish them nothing but happiness and good health.
THE BIGGEST CP3 FAN EVER

United States

#16 May 10, 2007
OMG congrats!!! i am so happy 4 u and Shelden. i wish u the best in ur marriage and i hope u win that ring again next year.
Britany

Atlanta, GA

#17 May 10, 2007
I am so happy for you now you is engaged that so good for but i wish you luck on your marriage and you are so in love...
ADAM

San Jose, CA

#18 May 12, 2007
hi
TNaya

Gastonia, NC

#19 May 14, 2007
I wish Candace and Sheldon the best of luck and Candace is my role model so it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks as long as she follows her heart she'll be happy!
I love you Candace good luck
-age14
-CP3
TRACY

United States

#20 May 14, 2007
I NEVER GET TO WATCH THE WNBA. THEY ARE ALL BLACKED OUT IN MY AREA. WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOME GAMES.
skylar b

Greenville, MS

#21 May 16, 2007
candace parker, u r d greatest player in the world 2 me!!!!! i wished when i get out of high school i would be half as great as u... but congrats on ur national championship and ur engagement 2 shelden... i wish ya'll the best of luck... love always ur truest and biggest fan///
skylar
a.k.a
sky-high

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shelden Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nuggets sad that Melo had to take Billups with ... (Feb '11) Feb '11 jime k 1
News LAKERS NOTEBOOK: Small lineups could cause big ... (Nov '10) Nov '10 The Evangelist 3
News PAINTER: Just call L.A.'s WNBA team the SParker's (May '10) May '10 waldobinney 3
News Celtics, Cavs still bitter enemies (May '10) May '10 domz 1
News Lady Vol Candace Parker announces engagement (Nov '07) Jun '09 tom adamsion 25
News Kings get McCants (Feb '09) Apr '09 Tiffany 27
News Candace Parker expecting baby this spring (Jan '09) Mar '09 D-Money 21
More from around the web