O'Neal Is Set To Be Best Since Jordan

When the rumor first gained genuine steam some two weeks ago, Kobe Bryant's championship night was nearly upstaged. Full Story
Abdul

Australia

#1 Jun 27, 2009
"Cavs are favorite to win 2010 title" , haha , this joke never gets old . Mike Wise forgot wat happend this year to the cavs , but thats okay he will be reminded again . Cavs could be the best team in the East , but cant beat top west teams . Spurs have Timmy , thats takes care of shaq . Thats leaves LBJ vs. Tony, RJ and Manu .LA, said enough .Denver , Combo of Melo Billups and the bench is too much for our so called 2010 favs.
tom

Tucson, AZ

#2 Jun 28, 2009
It's going to be an interesting season to watch.
Bogus Column Buster

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Jun 29, 2009
I don't even know where to begin dogging you for the props you give Shaq. How can a guy that's a second fiddle for the last 7 years be the best overall. He may be an overwhelmingly strong puzzle piece, but the most important leg being stood on?
Let's start with his 3 MVP's in the Finals. He earned the first one. It could've gone either way on the second between he and Kobe (He got it due to the team leader perception not because he was the outstanding player). The third year he got it based on what I'll call the Grandfather Claus, because quite simply Kobe was the man that deserved it that third year (Shaq would have Baby Huey Cried had it been given to Kobe. Imagine the conflict that would have caused between them!). That Three Peet never happens without Kobe's fourth quarter dominance, period. Recheck the finals stats like I did for all 3 Laker championships, and never say Kobe rode Shaq to those titles again. It's simply wrong to say it. Let's be real, if he were the key, Kobe would have been dropped and not Shaq or Phil for that matter. The City knew and Dr. Buss did to, who the man moving forward HAD to be). Many of these same arguements apply to Duncan and Parker in SA. Only Tim wouldn't have minded if Parker would have recieved an MVP because he isn't the selfish person Shaq has readily admitted he is. Shaq did say he messed up with Kobe and didn't want to do the same with Wade.
If we rewatch the Heat Championship and go back to stats, we will remember that Shaq was a non-factor in that series, being outplayed by A Mourning at center. Here we can say, Shaq Rode D Wade, Posey, and Mourning to that ring, and even back it with stats. Very little to argue on this.
Next. Even with this new Duo of Shaq and James, he's second fiddle again, and truth is, the Magic with newly acquired Vince Carter has been stated by your Colleges and Analysts as the team to Beat in the East next year. To say that any of those teams will easily handle the Lakers, or will even be favored against them is off the mark. The Lakers, led by Kobe and Gasol, backed by Bynum, supported by Odom and Ariza, and the deep bench of competently talented role players who enjoy playing with TEAM LEADER KOBE BRYANT, who easily handled the magic, which easily disposed of the One Man Band in Cleavland, by which neither of those had to play a healthy Celtics is, I promise, the clear favorite for next year even before they make Offseason adjustments.
By the Chance that Cleavland gets to the finals, which will be no easy task, and they do play a Lakers team that is already sure to be there for the 3rd year in a row, I promise that Nobody will be able to implement Hack-a-Shaq better than Phil Jackson, and Kobe. With enough fouls to give by Gassol, Bynum, Mbenga, Shaq will be 4th quarter dead weight, and we would see only James getting the ball with Odom and Bryant inside his shirt, and left with no other options to go to.
To close this out, lets ask some realevant questions of Shaq and Duncan's style of play compared to Kobe and Jordan. Come clutch time in the 4th, will we ever see or have we ever seen, Shaq or Duncan above the Arc in isolation, looking to put the ball on the floor and create their own shot (highlight reel moments) by dribbling a defender out of his shoes, taking the ball to the hoop on penetration, prepared to finish or dish, or making a sick in your face pull up jumper, or posting up for the Jordan, now Kobe, can't touch this fade away?
Last question, who do you want taking the last shot at the buzzer to win, Duncan, Shaq, or Kobe "I do this in my sleep for 10 years now" Bryant? By the way, Kobe has another 6 or 7 years plus in this league and can fully be expected to catch Jordan at 6. With his current Nucleous of players he may be on his way to his 2nd threepeat.
Shaq is now a Journeyman trade player with his 5th NBA team. How embarrassing that he lost franchise player staus 7 years ago. Even worse you call him best since Jordan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shaquille O'Neal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Kobe Bryant the Most Successful Player of Hi... (May '14) Jun '14 Bill Russell Fan 64
Shaquille O'Neal Interview (Sep '13) Sep '13 Sarah Johnson 1
Spotted in downtown Columbus: Shaquille O'Neal ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Will Dockery 6
Shaq: the worthwhile American legacy (Apr '13) Apr '13 Abishai100 1
Shaq Promo Card (1992?) National Sports (Jun '08) Dec '12 erod 3
Shaquille O'Neal earns doctorate in education a... (May '12) May '12 Matsobane Norman ... 1
WWE WrestleMania 28: Sheamus vs Alberto Del Rio... (Mar '12) Mar '12 yasserkhwaja 1
More from around the web