Bulls in crunch time— already

Life for the Bulls is as bad as it has been in several years. They are the NBA's poorest-shooting team and rank second from the bottom in scoring. Full Story
FaithRanger

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Dec 23, 2007
Each year some teams get more new players to work into the team's routine plays. The adjustment takes time--sometimes half of the games are lost due to players getting to know each others moves--many teams have a lot of set plays to make up for the ways the players lose in making adjustments. I like Gray at Center, Wallace at power forward, Deng at Small forward, Hinrich at the point, but maybe Curry at shooting guard or the Bulls best defensive big guard on the opponants best player and Gordon playing the sixth man role off the bench.
For our second team off the bench, I'd like to see Nocioni only at small forward with Thomas at power forward, Duhon at point and Noah at center. If the Bulls would stick with this lineup--for several games we would see the benefits of a set routine.
Larry in Lincolnwood

Chicago, IL

#2 Dec 24, 2007
I almost agree with Faith except for Ben Wallace starting. I'd put Thomas in with Gray. They seem to feed off each other.
Wallace is a major liability as he kills most of the offensive sets. When he gets the ball, teams back off and dare him to shoot. You can't keep playing 4 on 5 on offense unless the 4 are extremely talented.
deehagey

United States

#3 Dec 24, 2007
Why does Hinrich hog the ball? He should play as a team member.

“I comment, therefore, I am!”

Since: Sep 07

Wilmette, IL

#4 Dec 24, 2007
Unless a major trade is in the offing, it's already time to start thinking about next year. Reduce greatly the minutes of those who are likely to be gone and see if any of the benchwarmers have what it takes to play extended minutes. Start shopping for a new coach if you haven't already. Skiles has lost control over the current group and is not likely to regain it ever again here. Better to confront reality then live in a world of false hope.
mack the knife

Princeton, NJ

#5 Dec 24, 2007
Good comments by all. The real problem is that Wallace is past his prime, Hinrich really isn't a good point guard and Gordon isn't big enough to guard anyone effectively. I am afraid they are just not going to score enough points, will get discouraged and defense will become poorer. Isn't that the precursor to firing the manager?
cryinlion2

Modesto, CA

#6 Dec 24, 2007
Too late. Artis couldn't save Skiles
Fire Paxson

Mount Prospect, IL

#7 Dec 24, 2007
Paxson, Angelo, K. Williams... These wizards think you can get better by standing still. What it the world would lead you to believe that the Bulls would be better this year? Because the players were all a year older? All a year smarter? Other teams sign free agents and at least give the appearance of trying to improve. It may not alway work out. but Paxson did nothing, and I mean nothing to improve this team from last year. What, he drafted Noah? Give me a break! Angelo and K. Williams should leave with Paxson. At least Jim Hendry figured it out and has tried to improve the Cubs, but these other 3 GM's really don't have a grasp of what it takes to BUILD an organization and move it in the direction of championship caliber play! Sorry Scott, but you got the shaft! Geesh, I just can't believe that Chicago and its fans has to put up with the likes of Angelo, Paxson and Williams. I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone thought/thinks the Bulls, Bears and Sox were/are going to better. As I have said over and over, WE ARE NOT STUPID, but we know stupidity when we see it!
Mojo

Sherwood, OR

#8 Dec 25, 2007
Jason Kidd?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shane Battier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will there be a challenge for the Heat in NBA p... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Shiftie 2
Another MVP for LeBron seems likely (Apr '13) Apr '13 Ginobili 1
Heat in elite company after 20th straight victory (Mar '13) Mar '13 nawf 3
Wade, James lead Heat to record 15th straight win (Mar '13) Mar '13 Ginobili 2
Heat top Grizzlies 98-91 for 13th straight win (Mar '13) Mar '13 ShootingGuardStevan 6
Dwyane Wade announces bizarre shoe deal (Oct '12) Oct '12 Sheik Yerbouti 5
Ask Ira: Is there room for another big man in H... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Ginobili 3
More from around the web