Telfair creates quandary at point guard

Telfair creates quandary at point guard

There are 12 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 19, 2010, titled Telfair creates quandary at point guard. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

If the Timberwolves keep two point guards this season, where does that leave Sebastian Telfair? Luke Ridnour was projected to be Jonny Flynn's backup when Ridnour signed with the Wolves as a free agent in the summer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Mondak

Pomona, CA

#1 Oct 20, 2010
He's a bundle of energy, and he pushes the ball up-court with
speed and control. Now if he would just have better shot
selection; he took some wild ones. There was one where Bassy
should have run the clock down for a good shot & he threw
up the most awkward, impossible prayer with about 13 seconds
left on the 24. It turned out to be a 4-point-switch. I can only
think that he didn't know the clock. If he did, that's the ugliest,
dumbest miss in the annals of the NBA. There was also a stretch in the
fourth where play got wild & ragged & I hoped Ridnour would come
in and settle things down; establish control. Bassy doesn't look
like he should be released though. The kid has something. He
just has to play smarter. There are worse guys on the team. I can
only guess Brewer is still around because Kurt 'likes his defense', too.
TTT

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Oct 20, 2010
Ridnour was getting crossed everytime down the court. A guy getting paid millions that cannot guard or score a fast break layup is just sad.
billy boy

Albany, OR

#3 Oct 20, 2010
Who cares about the wolves. Call up Bud Selig and have them contracted.
Peter

Cedar, MN

#4 Oct 20, 2010
Telfair is one of the last people I want to see on the court in a close game or the game on the line. Several times last night during crucial possessions, he dribbled the ball up court, crossed over, and shot, sinking 1 out of about 5. I cannot believe this guy is still playing professional basketball. Get well soon Johnny!
Mike L

United States

#5 Oct 20, 2010
I'm not a Telfair guy at all. I know he can score AT TIMES, but I want the PG to control the pace of the game and play under control. He's also not a good shooter but he takes a lot of shots. He does pass ok... when he finally passes... He does challenge the opposing PG well, however, and I like his energy.

But I'm ready for Mr. Flynn to come back.
mmmmm

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Oct 20, 2010
Flynn is wild and out of control often times, much like Telfair. "Bassy" seems to be the healthy version of the two at present. Maybe Flynn flashes things in practice that the average fan doesn't see, but in games he makes LOTS of dumb decisions. I think having options at the point would be a good move. Each PG is showing their limitations already. Brewer can go. Poor shooter, too skinny and gets manhandled.
johnny

Centereach, NY

#7 Oct 20, 2010
without bassy at the point. this game is not even close. 19 points, 6 assists, 1 block and 1 steal and no turnovers. thats a solid game, from the point guard position.
Jonathan

United States

#8 Oct 21, 2010
johnny wrote:
without bassy at the point. this game is not even close. 19 points, 6 assists, 1 block and 1 steal and no turnovers. thats a solid game, from the point guard position.
You obviously did not watch the game... Don't just look at the boxscore and give your opinion. He played out of control too many times and was selfish with the ball. However, he is a veteran and can run an offense well when he is composed.
rocko

Atlanta, GA

#9 Oct 21, 2010
mmmmm wrote:
Flynn is wild and out of control often times, much like Telfair. "Bassy" seems to be the healthy version of the two at present. Maybe Flynn flashes things in practice that the average fan doesn't see, but in games he makes LOTS of dumb decisions. I think having options at the point would be a good move. Each PG is showing their limitations already. Brewer can go. Poor shooter, too skinny and gets manhandled.
you are very accurate in your analysis, if the average fan thought like you there wouldnt be so much unjustified hate for players like telfair
rocko

Atlanta, GA

#10 Oct 21, 2010
Jonathan wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously did not watch the game... Don't just look at the boxscore and give your opinion. He played out of control too many times and was selfish with the ball. However, he is a veteran and can run an offense well when he is composed.
sometimes he does look out of control but if you watch him consistently he takes care of the ball better than most pgs in the league
johnny

Centereach, NY

#11 Oct 22, 2010
besides, sebastian played good defense, during the course of the game. and deserve, to be in the game. in the 4th quarter. he is going to come in handy, keeping up with fast pg, in the nba. he is definetly a keeper.
johnny

Centereach, NY

#13 Nov 24, 2010
sebastian telfair. is the way to go at starting point guard

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sebastian Telfair Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Can Sebastian Telfair salvage his career in Cle... (Apr '10) Aug '14 johnny 44
News The Oklahoma City Thunder have heard it all before (Aug '14) Aug '14 johnny 2
News Report: Heat express interest in Sebastian Telfair (Aug '13) Dec '13 johnny 2
News Suns players supportive of decision to name Lin... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Doc 1
News Phoenix Suns facing big decisions, looking for ... (Jun '12) Jun '12 CarverSucks 1
News More bad lottery luck for Minnesota Timberwolve... (May '11) May '11 Jonboy 31
News Lotto fever: Heat is on Timberwolves to reverse... (May '11) May '11 Whatever 19
More from around the web