Follow Billups' lead

Follow Billups' lead

There are 6 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Nov 29, 2008, titled Follow Billups' lead. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

This text is replaced by the Flash movie. Get the ball to Al Jefferson - that part, the Timberwolves are really good at.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

TopGunn

Rochester, MN

#1 Nov 30, 2008
It's time to forget about what "position" a guy plays and just play the BEST players.
Collins plays 18 minuts and gets ZERO rebounds. Good grief! Just play Jefferson
as a 6:10 center and Love as a 6:10 PF or vice versa. We have no business playing
ANYBODY just because they are 2 inches taller than a coupl guys. Did the Celtics play Henry Finkel at center and Dave Cowens at PF and sit Paul Silas because Finkel
was 7 feet tall and Cowens was only 6:9???(Silas was only 6:7). NO! And they still played Wilt and Kareem tough. Just play the BEST players and see what happens.
What up

Rosemount, MN

#2 Nov 30, 2008
TopGunn wrote:
It's time to forget about what "position" a guy plays and just play the BEST players.
Collins plays 18 minuts and gets ZERO rebounds. Good grief! Just play Jefferson
as a 6:10 center and Love as a 6:10 PF or vice versa. We have no business playing
ANYBODY just because they are 2 inches taller than a coupl guys. Did the Celtics play Henry Finkel at center and Dave Cowens at PF and sit Paul Silas because Finkel
was 7 feet tall and Cowens was only 6:9???(Silas was only 6:7). NO! And they still played Wilt and Kareem tough. Just play the BEST players and see what happens.
I agree!!!!!! Craig Smith is the reason we won on Friday night & he only plays 11 minutes against Denver? I'm not sure I understand the logic of our coaching staff.......oh yeah, I forgot....Randy Wittless is our coach....now it makes complete sense. Way to get the guys all riled up to protect the home court. Down by 17 after 3 quarters....when will the excuses & the insanity end?
TheMaster

Chesterfield, MO

#3 Dec 1, 2008
Why not take it to the basket? Fear factor?
DD Austin

Memphis, TN

#4 Dec 1, 2008
Hello!!!!!! If the T-Wolves follow Billup's lead they will leave the Twin Cities! Isn't that what he did?
T-Wolves fans continue to suffer with the poorest leadership in the NBA!(:
Glen, if you always do what you've always done - you'll always be where you've always been - and you'll always have what you've always had!!!!!!
pappashu

Clio, MI

#5 Dec 3, 2008
Nice job billups, we loved you in Detroit and wish you well.
post101

Flint, MI

#6 Dec 16, 2008
he shouldent because he is a good player and

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sebastian Telfair Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Can Sebastian Telfair salvage his career in Cle... (Apr '10) Aug '14 johnny 44
News The Oklahoma City Thunder have heard it all before (Aug '14) Aug '14 johnny 2
News Report: Heat express interest in Sebastian Telfair (Aug '13) Dec '13 johnny 2
News Suns players supportive of decision to name Lin... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Doc 1
News Phoenix Suns facing big decisions, looking for ... (Jun '12) Jun '12 CarverSucks 1
News More bad lottery luck for Minnesota Timberwolve... (May '11) May '11 Jonboy 31
News Lotto fever: Heat is on Timberwolves to reverse... (May '11) May '11 Whatever 19
More from around the web