Open letter from Minnesota Timberwolv...

Open letter from Minnesota Timberwolves' David Kahn: Two point ...

There are 28 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jun 26, 2009, titled Open letter from Minnesota Timberwolves' David Kahn: Two point .... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

EDITOR'S NOTE: Minnesota Timberwolves president of basketball operations David Kahn has written an open letter to Wolves fans, explaining their draft-day decisions of Thursday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kahn is a bone head

United States

#1 Jun 26, 2009
Off to a good start Kahny, keep it up and you might get a total of 10 season ticket holders, that's if Taylor renews his seats..!!
Go Girl

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Jun 26, 2009
Kahn is a bone head wrote:
Off to a good start Kahny, keep it up and you might get a total of 10 season ticket holders, that's if Taylor renews his seats..!!
You must be a KNICKS fan! or McFail's Bobo!

Thanks for the selection Kahn.....just don't make
stupid mistakes like McFail did.

Go Wolves!
Sha Sha

United States

#3 Jun 26, 2009
I'd like to say that I think it's great to have a GM be so open with the thought process and approach. It's refreshing. Especially in light of how the Vikes and Favre have been handling things.

I wish more coaches / GM's would take this approach. Thank you, David, for treating us all like adults.
d mcclay

Oklahoma City, OK

#4 Jun 26, 2009
mr kahn do not forget pf C SMITH.
he can be a force off the bench.

please take a look at the previous posts I sent about trading rubios rights.
Elvis Presley

Pittsburg, CA

#5 Jun 26, 2009
KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH HHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!! !!!!!
YOU MONSTER!!
MONSTER!
MONSTER!
MONSTER!
Adizzle

United States

#6 Jun 26, 2009
Do you guys remember a guy named Fran Vasquez? The Magic took him in the 2005 NBA Draft with the 11th pick. Instead of showing up for the Magic, he decided to stay in Spain and not come to the Magic. That was a completely wasted pick. They could have taken Jarret Jack, Nate Robinson, Hakim Warrick, etc.

This is exactly what has happened to the TWolves. Why would Rubio leave a country as beautiful as Spain with all the food, culture and women for a hellhole like Minnesota? He wants to come to NYC, and you guys should let him come to us. If not, suffer and remember that you wasted the 5th pick for nothing.
Derek

Greenville, NC

#7 Jun 26, 2009
I completely believe in this philosophy. The wolves are going to be terrible next year no matter what, but in 2-3 years they will be formidable. Rubio is very passionate about playing in the NBA, whatever his reps say is just posturing to get him into NYC to make more money in endorsements, and play with Steve Nash's former coach. It wouldn't be surprising to see him acquiesce and play with the wolves this year --- his legacy is in the NBA, if he has one.

He kind of reminds me of Eli Manning.
Adizzle

United States

#8 Jun 26, 2009
That's right Derek! Eli Manning won a Superbowl in NYC! That's why Rubio needs to be a Knick. The TWolves have never won anything. Even one of the greatest players in the history of the game finally gave up and forced his way out of MIN. And what did he do? Win a ring in Boston!

If you care about a player's future, you won't force him to be in MIN. Players go to die there.
wolvesfan4life

Vienna, VA

#9 Jun 26, 2009
Just trade him! He doesn't want to play in Minnesota and us fans do not want a player who doesn't want to play for us.
wolfman

East Northport, NY

#10 Jun 26, 2009
Seriously, everyone, GM's lie, Rubio is an asset right now, Kahn cannot be that stupid to put his intention out to the media that he is planning on using that asset to milk the knicks of Chandler and $ and any salary cap space. Rubio will be on another team probably the knicks and we will have some assets in return, unless Kahn is a total stooge. Time will tell, but I feel Kahn should not wait till Rubio decides to split to Spain and make his intentions not to return public....
Rubiohazard

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Jun 26, 2009
I just can't believe how stupid these Knicks fans are. The funniest part of all this is that Rubio never said he didn't want to play in Minnesota. His father said they'd have to talk it over because of the cold weather. I frequently wake up thinking "I wish I lived in a tropical climate like the Bahamas or New York City." The fact is, there were three potential superstars in this draft- Griffin, Evans, and Rubio. In 2011, the Wolves will have a solid core and Rubio will be thrilled to step in and contend for a title in his second or third year. Remember, Cleveland was terrible when they picked Lebron, Orlando was garbage when they drafted Dwight Howard, New Orleans was the butt of every joke before Chris Paul came to town. Take a look at next year's rookie class on nbadraft.net 's 2010 mock draft. Minnesota is all but assured a viable center and a star like Paul George or Al Farouq-Aminu. Add that to the new PGs and our big men, and you've got a team that looks to me like the Atlanta Hawks with Steve Nash instead of Joe Johnson. Kevin McHale did a great job trying to destroy this team forever. Kahn knows what he's doing, and I firmly believe that. Oh, and one last thing- the Wolves will also have one other player in two years, his name is Nikola Pekovic, a guy primarily known for dominating Danilo Gallinari every time they take the court together. An astute metaphor for what will happen in a few years when the Timberwolves face the Knicks.
Sean

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Jun 26, 2009
Khan did a great job picking Flynn and Ellingtion, but I did not agree with picking Rubio. we dont need a low life foreigner playing for us. by the way he didnt show up to the introductory press confrence, which is a slap in the face of wolves fans. please trade this low life in order for this draft to be considered successful.

p.s I am glad we did not pick show off curry.
d mcclay

Oklahoma City, OK

#13 Jun 26, 2009
rubio rights to clippers for first round next year and erasing debt wolves owe clippers.
anything more than that would be icing.
Dan L

New York, NY

#14 Jun 26, 2009
"I completely believe in this philosophy. The wolves are going to be terrible next year no matter what, but in 2-3 years they will be formidable."

Yea, good luck with that.

http://www.knicksfan.net/...

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#15 Jun 26, 2009
Rubiohazard wrote:
I just can't believe how stupid these Knicks fans are. The funniest part of all this is that Rubio never said he didn't want to play in Minnesota. His father said they'd have to talk it over because of the cold weather. I frequently wake up thinking "I wish I lived in a tropical climate like the Bahamas or New York City." The fact is, there were three potential superstars in this draft- Griffin, Evans, and Rubio. In 2011, the Wolves will have a solid core and Rubio will be thrilled to step in and contend for a title in his second or third year. Remember, Cleveland was terrible when they picked Lebron, Orlando was garbage when they drafted Dwight Howard, New Orleans was the butt of every joke before Chris Paul came to town. Take a look at next year's rookie class on nbadraft.net 's 2010 mock draft. Minnesota is all but assured a viable center and a star like Paul George or Al Farouq-Aminu. Add that to the new PGs and our big men, and you've got a team that looks to me like the Atlanta Hawks with Steve Nash instead of Joe Johnson. Kevin McHale did a great job trying to destroy this team forever. Kahn knows what he's doing, and I firmly believe that. Oh, and one last thing- the Wolves will also have one other player in two years, his name is Nikola Pekovic, a guy primarily known for dominating Danilo Gallinari every time they take the court together. An astute metaphor for what will happen in a few years when the Timberwolves face the Knicks.
I like what you have to say here...interesting stuff. But Paul George and Al Farouq-Aminu are too short to play center. Right now the 2010 mock draft has the T-Wolves picking Cole Aldrich, which would be interesting in a Joe Mauer kind of way.
Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Jun 27, 2009
Beautiful job by Kahn so far!
We couldn't have picked a more valuable pick at #5 than Rubio. And Flynn is very solid. We desperately need TALENT! We're going in the right direction.

Kahn is showing way more class that a lot of these people posting. So many people FREAKED out!
Calm down & grow up! It's basketball not life or death. Dah!
loren

Baltimore, MD

#17 Jun 27, 2009
better off trading rubio to the knicks he doesnt fit our system
KahnGoDie

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Jun 27, 2009
Shu.t up Kahn. I hate you and the stinking wolves. you should of taken Curry at 6! nuff said. I will never ever go to another wolves game or even watch them on TV. i hope we dont win a single game this year. Rubio will never play for us, never ever!
Sha Sha

United States

#19 Jun 27, 2009
Adizzle wrote:
Do you guys remember a guy named Fran Vasquez? The Magic took him in the 2005 NBA Draft with the 11th pick. Instead of showing up for the Magic, he decided to stay in Spain and not come to the Magic. That was a completely wasted pick. They could have taken Jarret Jack, Nate Robinson, Hakim Warrick, etc.
This is exactly what has happened to the TWolves. Why would Rubio leave a country as beautiful as Spain with all the food, culture and women for a hellhole like Minnesota? He wants to come to NYC, and you guys should let him come to us. If not, suffer and remember that you wasted the 5th pick for nothing.
Fran Vasquez had a multi-million dollar contract in Europe. Rubio is playing for $97K a yr. It's better for everyone involved for Rubio to play sooner, so that he can put his money towards a buyout (which he could finance, by the way). So, Rubio actually does have incentive to get to the NBA soon.

Also, forget a trade with the Knicks. They have no one worthwhile.
Celtics Fan

Boston, MA

#20 Jun 28, 2009
I didn't know Isiah Thomas was drafting for the Timberwolves! The Wolves are no better off than before the draft! Trust me, as a Celtics I should know about years of horrible drafts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sebastian Telfair Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Can Sebastian Telfair salvage his career in Cle... (Apr '10) Aug '14 johnny 44
News The Oklahoma City Thunder have heard it all before (Aug '14) Aug '14 johnny 2
News Report: Heat express interest in Sebastian Telfair (Aug '13) Dec '13 johnny 2
News Suns players supportive of decision to name Lin... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Doc 1
News Phoenix Suns facing big decisions, looking for ... (Jun '12) Jun '12 CarverSucks 1
News More bad lottery luck for Minnesota Timberwolve... (May '11) May '11 Jonboy 31
News Lotto fever: Heat is on Timberwolves to reverse... (May '11) May '11 Whatever 19
More from around the web