Timberwolves report: Shooting slump m...

Timberwolves report: Shooting slump mystifies Randy Foye

There are 7 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Nov 2, 2008, titled Timberwolves report: Shooting slump mystifies Randy Foye. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Randy Foye is "Lost," like the Oceanic 6 and the other castaways from that maddeningly convoluted TV series.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

fracas

Grand Forks, ND

#1 Nov 3, 2008
To say that Foye is struggling is an understatement. Last night, Westbrook, a rookie playing his third game, was easily better than Foye. I think Foye is a pretty good basketball player, but I question whether he has the instincts, footspeed, and overall ball skills to be a point guard. I don't think this team will be a really good team until a true point guard is in place.

McCants continues to look disinterested. After he turned the ball over last night he simply turned and watched as OKC took off down court. In truth, there probably isn't anything that he could have done about it at that point, but had the shot missed, or had the defender stopped the penetration, McCants could have been in the play. Regardless it looks unprofessional. I think McCants should be held out of a few games until he gets the message. He is talented, but so are about 400 other NBA players, as well as another 200 overseas and in the development league.

The comments today will be negative as the team looked bad last night. Playing the second night of back-to-back is tough. Better days will come, but this is still a sub-.500 team.
twolves fan in Tulsa

Mustang, OK

#2 Nov 3, 2008
Thank God Telfair can play again, and hopefully start at PG the rest of the season!
Just my opinion. If they do not want to start Telfair maybe they can trade Foye, Madsen, Cardinal, Booth and Ollie for Hinrich and Noha and a draft choice to the Wolves. I do not know if the Dollars match up, but it would be a good trade in my opinion.
BJack

Lakeville, MN

#3 Nov 5, 2008
Why would Chicago make that trade? Give up two decent players and a draft choice for a bunch of garbage???

Foye is very frustrating to watch. He does have a lot of talent, but can't seem to get it going. Also, can someone tell me why Miller is not taking at least 15 shots a game? He is hands down our 2nd best player and by far our best shooter - give him the friggen ball!!!
Danny Boy

Calgary, Canada

#4 Nov 5, 2008
Who the F cares?...Really, who cares?...this franchise is still the laughingstock of the NBA, has been for years witjh no end in sight...and if you think any differently, well then you are just as clueless as Glen Taylor himself...or his bich McHale
d mcclay

Oklahoma City, OK

#5 Nov 5, 2008
Danny Boy wrote:
Who the F cares?...Really, who cares?...this franchise is still the laughingstock of the NBA, has been for years witjh no end in sight...and if you think any differently, well then you are just as clueless as Glen Taylor himself...or his bich McHale
come on now.
three or four more really good starters, with one or two being a superstar, and the wolves could really be something.
diehard Wolves fan

Seoul, Korea

#6 Nov 7, 2008
We should somehow trade or eventually waive Booth, Brewer, Cardinal, Carney, and Ollie over the season. We should work deals to acquire Kris Humphries out of Toronto and sign Darius Miles (he's motivated to make a comeback and thus should be a positive, hard worker).

The 2009 Timberwolves should look like this:

Manager--Fred Hoiberg (no McHale)
Coach--Flip Saunders (bring Flip back)

Hire Sam Mitchell, Don Zierden, Sid Lowe, Jerry Sitching, and the rest of the former Wolves assistant coaching staff

ROSTER should look like this:
Al Jefferson
Kevin Love
Mark Madsen
Darius Miles
Mike Miller
...to be continued later
Danny Boy

Calgary, Canada

#7 Nov 7, 2008
d mcclay wrote:
<quoted text>
come on now.
three or four more really good starters, with one or two being a superstar, and the wolves could really be something.
you're right...sorry..........my bad....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sebastian Telfair Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Can Sebastian Telfair salvage his career in Cle... (Apr '10) Aug '14 johnny 44
News The Oklahoma City Thunder have heard it all before (Aug '14) Aug '14 johnny 2
News Report: Heat express interest in Sebastian Telfair (Aug '13) Dec '13 johnny 2
News Suns players supportive of decision to name Lin... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Doc 1
News Phoenix Suns facing big decisions, looking for ... (Jun '12) Jun '12 CarverSucks 1
News More bad lottery luck for Minnesota Timberwolve... (May '11) May '11 Jonboy 31
News Lotto fever: Heat is on Timberwolves to reverse... (May '11) May '11 Whatever 19
More from around the web