Gordon responds to Pippen's critique

Gordon responds to Pippen's critique

There are 48 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Dec 31, 2007, titled Gordon responds to Pippen's critique. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Scottie Pippen's scorched-earth assessment of current Bulls players and his stated desire to coach in the organization spread through the locker room quickly on Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bulls Fan

Sorrento, FL

#1 Dec 31, 2007
Pippen as a coach ? You've got to be kidding me ! This is the guy who left his teamates hanging when Toni Kucoc was given the last shot. The guy who couldn't win a championship without MJ. The guy who sues his lawyers when his investments go wrong. The guy who runs his mouth publicly about the players he will potentially coach.

Pippen would make a lousey coach. I'm sure Sam smith knows that. But he also knows that any story about players from the Bulls championship years, like any story about players fromthe 85 Bears, will be read in Chicago. No matter how witless the subject is....
LES

Somerset, KY

#2 Dec 31, 2007
I agree with the above assessment of Pippin. But Pippin is correct about Gordon. Actually, he was being kind, after witnessing Gordon's lack of defense as well.
Roger

Mackinaw, IL

#3 Dec 31, 2007
What would Scottie do if Gordon didn't want to take the court if Scottie told someone else to take the last shot in the closing seconds?
Lake Villa Dan

Round Lake, IL

#4 Dec 31, 2007
Hopefully the Bulls would have a large lead with 1.8 seconds to go in any game that Pip would coach because he wouldn't know what to do in those last couple seconds..
John

Chicago, IL

#5 Dec 31, 2007
Gordon may not be the best defensive player but he is fearless and is by far their best clutch player. Hinrich has been real inconsistent this year and has made far too many stupid fouls. It is a good thing to have Gordon come off the bench because he is much less apt to get in foul trouble. Pippen should go out to Portland to coach.
Bob

Aurora, IL

#6 Dec 31, 2007
The Spurs and Suns both have midgets running their backcourts and it seems to be working for them. No tipping Pippen should just keep his piehole shut.
insider

United States

#7 Dec 31, 2007
Keep Pippin out of Chicago please. The working man will suffer. This is a guy who went around town eating and parking for almost nothing and stiffed every waiter and parking attendant around town. Rich hillbilly-nothing more.
terry t

Lahaina, HI

#8 Jan 1, 2008
i think that pippen would be great in some capacity. we all need to hear the truth. we should all embrace the truth instead of denial. gordon is a great scorer. most scorers don't play a whole lot of defense. only the great ones like jordan. did magic play great defense? gervin? english? mcadoo? dominic wilkins? take gordon for what he is, a great scoring machine. and stop hating on him. certain fans always think that there is a competition amongst certain players on the same team. hinrich will never score like gordon. that doesn't mean that that tandem can't co-exist. hinrich needs to feed gordon when he's hot and not try to match him point by point. that's futile and a losing mentality. i notice that as soon as gordon gets into a zone, hinrich all of a sudden starts forcing his shot. thats because he is jealous of gordons scoring ability! he thinks that it will take away his shine and glory. i've been involved in basketball for over 30 years. i've seen it all. until hinrich takes a back seat officially, the bulls will not win consistantly. also the same goes for nocioni. he's another guy who forces shots at the most inopportune times. he's in a terrible slump now and no one is saying a word about this. if it's gordon, it's front page news every day. look at the stats. hinrinch's stats are below gordons but gordon has to come from the bench. why don't hinrich ride the pine? he hasn't done anything to deserve starting. i know that he looks good in uniform and its nice having a white guy start and all of that but seriously, do you think that other teams have any respect for his game. they can't wait to play against him because the know they are going for career highs that night. you have to coach and play this game correctly. if not you will not win. its as simple as that!!!

jfr

Since: Dec 07

Virginia Beach, Va.

#9 Jan 1, 2008
To Pippen, just say "no." Shop Macys!
Jake

Hollywood, FL

#11 Jan 1, 2008
Let's face it, Mr. Pip might be a top 50 player, but this was based on his athletic gift, not what's in between his ears. If he's up for the job, we might as well consider Joe O'Neil, Benny the Bull, one of Luv a Bulls, Howard Pizer, or even Air Jordan.
Alphonse Capone Chicago

United States

#12 Jan 1, 2008
(read this in a gruff voice)
If that no-tip pip comes to my town
I`LL BUMP HIM OFF!!!!
Florida Jim

Clermont, FL

#13 Jan 1, 2008
Scottie opened his mouth and now must face the consequences. I wish Boylan and the Bulls the best to salvage a disappointing season.
and Tigger too

United States

#14 Jan 1, 2008
Scot Pimpin. NONONONONONONOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! !!!!
X-MAN

Middletown, OH

#15 Jan 1, 2008
Roger wrote:
What would Scottie do if Gordon didn't want to take the court if Scottie told someone else to take the last shot in the closing seconds?
he took the bulls to the eastern con finals verse the nicks buddy what has ben done? how mant rings does scottie have?
Fed Up

Murfreesboro, TN

#16 Jan 1, 2008
X-MAN wrote:
<quoted text>he took the bulls to the eastern con finals verse the nicks buddy what has ben done? how mant rings does scottie have?
How many rings does Scooter Pimp have without MJ? NONE Snotty needs to go to some damn school and get an education first before he even THINKS about trying to get into coaching.

Snotty Pimpin, if you read this. STAY OUT OF CHICAGO !!!!!
Sharon

Lakeside, CA

#17 Jan 1, 2008
Scottie Pippen maybe entitled to his opinion but to think he could be a head coach is another matter. If Scottie is criticizing the players and coach in the media, what makes him think that Paxson would want that kind of coach? Boylan has been the coach for all of one week, give him an opportunity to show what he can do or not do. If Scottie is such a great candidate for head coach, why hasn't he been hired by some other team? Hmmmmm, something to think about Scottie.
miltchocklit

United States

#18 Jan 1, 2008
pippen should worry about plastic surgery on that nose.
Full Time Bulls Fan

United States

#19 Jan 1, 2008
I wonder what Scotty might have said if he stayed for the whole interview. Would he have been nicer in the last 1.8 seconds? Go pretend your special somewhere else Scotty!
Give Me the Ball

Oebisfelde, Germany

#20 Jan 1, 2008
If you watched the game last night against the Orlando Magic, then Pippen is right.

Gordon lost the game for Bulls with a dump blunder a few seconds before the end of regulation time and the Bulls leading.
Matt M

Trumbull, CT

#21 Jan 1, 2008
Give me the Ball is a moron. I guarantee you the last thing the Orlando coaches told its defense is, lets double Gordon and get the ball out of his hands, why???? because he is the one guy who can make the shots in those situations.(+ 91% free throw Shooter) The opposing teams are not afraid of anyone else offensively on the Bulls. Chris Duhon? Don't you think there is a reason teams don't cover that guy? Ben Wallace? He would be fouled immediately.
Kirk Heinrich, oh yeah he already fouled out. Teams lose and win collectively, the fixation on singling out Gordon for every loss is baffling.
As for Pippens comments, Gordons shots per game at 16.8 is .5 ( 16.3)higher than a year ago in 2 more minutes per game, not much higher. His percentage is much lower, foul shooting much better and turnovers way down. This team can not win a game without Gordon playing wells because there is no one else on the team that score.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottie Pippen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DOCUMENT: Pippen Daughter Arrested For Hotel Ur... (Apr '15) May '15 DILF 6
News Scottie Pippen - Best Chicago Bull Ever (Aug '14) Aug '14 Go Blue Forever 3
News Rodman: Going back to N. Korea with former NBA ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Dennis the Horses... 1
News James, Bosh lead Heat past Bulls, 104-94 (May '13) May '13 Go Blue Forever 1
News Why Chicago Bulls Building Around Derrick Rose ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 calvin venson 1
News NBA 2K13 - Legends screenshots released (Aug '12) Aug '12 Jeremy P 1
News Flashback #26: Bulls Win 72 Games (Apr '12) Apr '12 randall 1
More from around the web