Magic in unfamiliar role among NBA's ...

Magic in unfamiliar role among NBA's elite teams

There are 23 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Dec 26, 2008, titled Magic in unfamiliar role among NBA's elite teams. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The Orlando Magic are way ahead of last season's curve when they finished 52-30. They have tied the best 29-game starts in franchise history, recorded by Shaq 's teams in the 1994-95 and 1995-96 seasons.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
nanningbob

United States

#1 Dec 27, 2008
I think we trust each other more," Howard said. "We're learning what it takes to win a championship."

YES YES YES, this is where the Magic are at right now. Dont know how deep they will go yet but after the next 14 games we will know if they have a chance at 60 wins.
Stephen

United States

#2 Dec 27, 2008
GO Magic Beat the wolves.
poor taxpayer

Carrollton, TX

#3 Dec 27, 2008
The Magic still aren't getting the respect they deserve. All you hear about on national TV are the Celtics, Cavs and Lakers.

60 wins is a lock. Go Magic!
Dave C

Rahway, NJ

#4 Dec 27, 2008
The only thing I disagree with is the statement that they don't live-and-die by the 3-point shot. That's an easy statement to make when they are making them consistently. When they start missing those outside shots - then everyone will see that they do still live-and-die by that outside 3-point shot.

The nice thing about this year is they seem to have the tools to sucessfully play on the inside in case the outside shooters go cold. I see a lot more hustling and muscling on the inside - something that they were weak on last year.

I hope they keep up the good work and get to the finals this year. It could happen - especially if they stay hot on the outside....
LMAO

AOL

#5 Dec 27, 2008
I keep wondering why a basketball player wouldn't trust his teammates.

It's just a game,ok. If the Magic win that's terrific. If they lose that's ok. You see it's not real basketball. They make millions of dollars. That's not basketball.
Your favorite college/Uni, or the local High School that's having a great year. Basketball is a game that's played with 5 on the floor and 10 on the bench. Winners trust their teammates. Losers use excuses such as..."we never did trust each other, that's why we lost."

Get real. All these kids striving to become NBA players don't give a crap about trust. They only care about the Big Bucks.

Worship your favorite player all you want, in the end your player is there for the Money.
Steve Ferguson

Gainesville, FL

#6 Dec 27, 2008
I like the intensity the magic bring every night. The only thing is sometimes Orlando gets lazy when they're up by twenty,and they slack off in the second half of games that are against teams with losing records.There chances of going to the Eastern Conference finals are improving,but they still have to beat either the Celtis' Cavilers',or the Pistons' if they want to go to the N.B.A. Finals this June.
robertohenry

San Josť, Costa Rica

#7 Dec 27, 2008
Regarding the Magic loss of interest when they have a big lead going into the 4th quarter.
It is obvious that our starers loose focus and interest when they have a bid lead.
I think SV should sit them all down and bring in the bench to finish this games. They will be hungry to prove they are worthy of the minutes.
In addition it will help in keeping the bench sharp and cutting down on the minutes of our starters allowing them to be fresher for the playoffs. What do you think SV.?
ham sandwhich

Titusville, FL

#8 Dec 27, 2008
LMAO wrote:
It's just a game,ok. If the Magic win that's terrific. If they lose that's ok. You see it's not real basketball. They make millions of dollars. That's not basketball.
Your favorite college/Uni, or the local High School that's having a great year. Basketball is a game that's played with 5 on the floor and 10 on the bench. Winners trust their teammates. Losers use excuses such as..."we never did trust each other, that's why we lost."
Get real. All these kids striving to become NBA players don't give a crap about trust. They only care about the Big Bucks.
Worship your favorite player all you want, in the end your player is there for the Money.
Man are you sour. I think trusting your teammates comes into play with anything. If its basketball, soccer, or even work at all levels. Everyone has to make a living weather you love you job or not it still is always 90% work. They do just happen to have the draw to fill a stadium or have millions tune in to watch. Don't be bitter because you don't have it.
bigtime fan

Gainesville, FL

#9 Dec 27, 2008
LMAO shut up, go to jj's house and play barbies
Solar Bear

Oviedo, FL

#10 Dec 27, 2008
LMAO wrote:
Losers use excuses such as..."we never did trust each other, that's why we lost."
The author of this statement seems to have plenty of experience with the statement he expresses. I've seen more optimism from an 82 year old informed he's got 6 weeks to live.

Thankfully in this season of hope and renewal, it is easy to relegate such sentiments of poisonous cynicism to the rantings of crackpots and cranky old men.

With a win tonight, the Magic can play .500 ball the rest of the way and STILL win 50 games.

Go Magic!
Jimmy

Orlando, FL

#11 Dec 27, 2008
LMAO wrote:
Why do you go to work every day? I bet it's for the money.
Jim

Eddyville, KY

#12 Dec 27, 2008
Ok everyone needs to calm down here. We all need to be on the same page and get behind this Orlando Magic basketball team. It is all about the team. Clearly there is no I in team.

This Magic team is tremendously strong. Just take the first 4 letters of those words and then you will remember what the Magic team is in quest of :(T)eam
(I)s
(T)remendously
(S)trong

T I T S = THE DREAM. THE QUEST.
Sixx

United States

#13 Dec 27, 2008
Why do you suppose so many work so hard in college at what is only a game? Oh yeah, they want to get drafted and bring home the Big Bucks.

If you don't like pro basketball don't watch it.
Cartman

Deland, FL

#14 Dec 27, 2008
Naw, this is just another LMAO lame attempt to claim that JJ isn't an All-Star because he's white, ergo his team won't pass him the ball. This despite the obvious: that JJ has never had the ability to create his own shot, and anyone who has watched this team knows that he got a lot of passes this season, but just missed too many shots.

However, since LMAO also thinks JJ is the best defender on the team, other than Lee, ignoring Howard, not to mention just about everyone else on the team, I think we can sum up his "logic" as weak and fairly sad.

Simply stating something doesn't make it true. I remember you claiming that people can be anything they want on the Internet.(That after being outed posing as a woman.) Why not choose to be something less obnoxious? You can't possibly think that JJ enjoys your posts. In fact, I'm close to starting a campaign to make JJ disavow you - publically, on air- or face charges of racism. Wouldn't that be fun?
Mark Davis

Deland, FL

#15 Dec 27, 2008
Can't you guys tell that LMAO is a troll? Every time he posts the thread gets hijacked while everyone responds to him.

Stop feeding the troll. Stay on topic.

Great run by the Magic right now against the Western COnference. Hope it continues when we hit the road again.
Jim

United States

#16 Dec 27, 2008
The Magic must be careful against Minnesota. They currently own a one game winning streak after knocking off the Knicks last night.
the damn truth

Lady Lake, FL

#17 Dec 27, 2008
the magic are an average team playing good ball for now but in the end they will be what they have always been, a pretender never a contender. dwight howard needs to go to the spurs where he will win championships and rings and forget the mediocre magic for good....orlando magic loser 4-ever peace out....
SUPERMAN

Eddyville, KY

#18 Dec 27, 2008
Man, stop smoking that stuff. Did you ever hear of capital letters?
the damn truth wrote:
the magic are an average team playing good ball for now but in the end they will be what they have always been, a pretender never a contender. dwight howard needs to go to the spurs where he will win championships and rings and forget the mediocre magic for good....orlando magic loser 4-ever peace out....
Mark

Orlando, FL

#19 Dec 27, 2008
This sucks! The magic are playing out of town and again, those of us with Brighthouse can't watch the game. Worse yet, every bar in Orlando seems to want to play the UFC fight! Hey Magic, since you screwed up the contact negotiations so badly why don't you try track some of bars around town that will keep the game on for the rest of us! Maybe keep it posted on your website!
Mark

Orlando, FL

#20 Dec 27, 2008
Oh,and something else other than NBA city!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottie Pippen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DOCUMENT: Pippen Daughter Arrested For Hotel Ur... (Apr '15) May '15 DILF 6
News Scottie Pippen - Best Chicago Bull Ever (Aug '14) Aug '14 Go Blue Forever 3
News Rodman: Going back to N. Korea with former NBA ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Dennis the Horses... 1
News James, Bosh lead Heat past Bulls, 104-94 (May '13) May '13 Go Blue Forever 1
News Why Chicago Bulls Building Around Derrick Rose ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 calvin venson 1
News NBA 2K13 - Legends screenshots released (Aug '12) Aug '12 Jeremy P 1
News Flashback #26: Bulls Win 72 Games (Apr '12) Apr '12 randall 1
More from around the web