Johnny "Red" Kerr honored by Bulls

Johnny "Red" Kerr honored by Bulls

There are 70 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 10, 2009, titled Johnny "Red" Kerr honored by Bulls. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

They were worried he might not be well enough to make the tribute in his honor, that he might not have the strength to sit through the ceremony or the vigor to be brought down onto the court.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Essie Kerr Aggen

South Bend, IN

#63 Feb 11, 2009
Tim S wrote:
I thought I was the only one offended by hearing that morbid song choice about "not living forever" played to a man struggling with cancer. Bravo for mentiioning it. Shame on the bulls.
Agreed about the bands at the UC too. They sent my 3-yeard into a crying fit the last time we tried to attend something called a BASKETBALL GAME. I wish my kids could have seen the no-frills Stadium before they tore it down.
My dad asked the Bulls to play Bon Jovi, as that was one of his favorite Karaoke songs to sing at the Village Pub.
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#65 Feb 11, 2009
Terry-o wrote:
What a great celebration for the Red Head!! It's too bad that this town has two great color commentators,(Red Kerr, Ron Santo) who can't get into the hall of fame for their contributions in their lives.
Both of these men will always be hall of famers in everyones hearts.
It was so great to see MJ give the Red Head the old talcum dusting that he always got before every game. That was always the vest part of the show every time the Bulls played.
I hope that Johnny can recover quickly so he can come back to work, as we miss hearing him on the air.
Thanks Johnny for all the wonderful memories you have made for millions of people who have watched the Bulls.
Don't mention Ron Santo with Red Kerr again, k?
Mark Levin Wheeling IL

Arlington Heights, IL

#67 Feb 27, 2009
In 1979, I organized B'nai B'rith Sportsman of the Year Brunch in honor of Johnny Kerr. Johnny and hiw wife struck me as being decent, good-natured and easily approachable people. That day, we not only honored him, but he honored our Youth Services programs by helping us raise money for a very worthwhile cause

My prayers are with him and his family.
nado surf

Jersey City, NJ

#68 Mar 2, 2009
Nada Surf wrote:
<quoted text>Don't mention Ron Santo with Red Kerr again, k?
You just did moran.
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#69 Mar 2, 2009
Bugs Moran?
How did he get in this?
Tom

Menomonee Falls, WI

#73 Mar 3, 2009
Let's not forget the Johnny Kerr was also one of the all-time great Fighting Illini.
Tiffany

New York, NY

#74 Mar 5, 2009
lord help him
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#75 Mar 6, 2009
Tiffany wrote:
lord help him
Lord help who, New Yoke Poke Chop?
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#76 Mar 6, 2009
I think I'm going to shorten that to PoCho.
Tiffany

New York, NY

#77 Mar 9, 2009
lord help you anerexic stick,and stop callin me po cho

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottie Pippen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DOCUMENT: Pippen Daughter Arrested For Hotel Ur... (Apr '15) May '15 DILF 6
News Scottie Pippen - Best Chicago Bull Ever (Aug '14) Aug '14 Go Blue Forever 3
News Rodman: Going back to N. Korea with former NBA ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Dennis the Horses... 1
News James, Bosh lead Heat past Bulls, 104-94 (May '13) May '13 Go Blue Forever 1
News Why Chicago Bulls Building Around Derrick Rose ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 calvin venson 1
News NBA 2K13 - Legends screenshots released (Aug '12) Aug '12 Jeremy P 1
News Flashback #26: Bulls Win 72 Games (Apr '12) Apr '12 randall 1
More from around the web