Critiques made were just general, Pip...

Critiques made were just general, Pippen says

There are 20 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 6, 2008, titled Critiques made were just general, Pippen says. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Scottie Pippen says I owe him an apology. He says I also owe one to Tyrus Thomas and Kirk Hinrich, though Hinrich hardly seemed upset about a story in this space last week about Pippen's potential as Bulls ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Garrick

Cicero, IL

#1 Jan 7, 2008
Does anybody really care what Scottie Pippen says about anything?
Jahree

Elmhurst, IL

#2 Jan 7, 2008
Garrick wrote:
It seems you do
Hardliner

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Jan 7, 2008
I love the line "The Bulls are undefeated under Jim Boylan in regulation." That really gives you something to hang your hat on.
theoutlaw

Phoenix, AZ

#4 Jan 7, 2008
If the Players? can't stand the Heat,cancel your contract and get the Hell out of sports.Use your College Education? to go on with your life.Quit being a whiner.Use that degree you earned in "International Trade" and get into the Import/Export buisness like your Brothers.
TOM SLICK

Chicago, IL

#5 Jan 7, 2008
Pippen told the truth. You had Gordon and Kirk trying to play point guard when they both are two guards. True they are both midgets and cannot play defense on taller guards. Pax, you have to trade one of them.
Clarence Darrow

Redwood Estates, CA

#6 Jan 7, 2008
I think Pippen is capable of easily being as gifted an executive and coach as Isaiah Thomas. Both Mensa candidates.
Frank

Wasco, IL

#7 Jan 7, 2008
Does Pippen want to coach or play? This past week he has played for a Finland team scoring 12 points in one of them. At least that's what a competing newspaper reported.

Since: Sep 07

Chicago, IL

#8 Jan 7, 2008
Garrick wrote:
Obviously, you have no insight into the game of basketball. Pippen is one of the smartest players to ever play the game.(Please spare me comments about the 3 second sit-out).
J-Dog

New York, NY

#9 Jan 7, 2008
Get a real GM who can get players and understand "The Business" and make Paxson the coach. End of issue!
Jack

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Jan 7, 2008
TOM SLICK wrote:
Pippen told the truth. You had Gordon and Kirk trying to play point guard when they both are two guards. True they are both midgets and cannot play defense on taller guards. Pax, you have to trade one of them.
They like to be called Little People, but I call them Dwarfs.
smlpkg

Buffalo Grove, IL

#11 Jan 7, 2008
Sam, you didn't really address Pippen's complaint, i.e., that he was speaking in general terms. Did he? If so, you do owe him and us an apology.
mdjams04

AOL

#12 Jan 7, 2008
Scottie, your comment are true as a die hard Bulls fan I see what you see. The guards are too small. They need to develop Theobo Sefeloshia or package him in a trade for a bigger guard. Same with Thomas because he plays out of control and on his own planet most of the time. Ben Wallace need a certain system to help his game so trade for Rasheed Wallace or trade him. The Bulls could be a great team if the can fit a team with the same idenity. Scrappy went away when Skile was fired.
congrats

Chicago, IL

#13 Jan 7, 2008
gee congrats on saving the bulls season and winning the championship that year. you are really important!
Mike C

Des Moines, IA

#14 Jan 7, 2008
Well, I hated Pippen as a player because most of his career he wanted out of Chicago. Why is he still here? Just go away.

Since: Sep 07

Chicago, IL

#15 Jan 7, 2008
congrats wrote:
gee congrats on saving the bulls season and winning the championship that year. you are really important!
I assume you mean the first championship when Scottie was moved to defend Magic Johnson and shut him down.
Fat Bas-Tard

Chicago, IL

#16 Jan 7, 2008
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>They like to be called Little People, but I call them Dwarfs.
And I call them lunch!
maru

Madison, WI

#17 Jan 7, 2008
reminds me of when my book, "Sam Smith blows his horn" came out...
Dennis Awtrey

Des Plaines, IL

#18 Jan 7, 2008
Check-out Pip's original comments. They were not general, they were specific. And its curious why he's now backing-off somewhat - since most were accurate.
Kosmo Kramer

Santa Fe, NM

#19 Jan 7, 2008
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>They like to be called Little People, but I call them Dwarfs.
Deron Williams, Tony Parker, Allen Iverson, Dwayne Wade, Manu Ginobli, Stephan Marbury, Jason Kidd, many, many other 'dwarfs' shorter than 6'5".
smlpkg

Buffalo Grove, IL

#20 Jan 7, 2008
We have no way of checking what Pip's comments were since we got them from Sam, not from Pippen. Make no mistake: I'm not defending Scottie, except if what he said was not accurately reported. The media has been known to do that at times.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottie Pippen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DOCUMENT: Pippen Daughter Arrested For Hotel Ur... (Apr '15) May '15 DILF 6
News Scottie Pippen - Best Chicago Bull Ever (Aug '14) Aug '14 Go Blue Forever 3
News Rodman: Going back to N. Korea with former NBA ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Dennis the Horses... 1
News James, Bosh lead Heat past Bulls, 104-94 (May '13) May '13 Go Blue Forever 1
News Why Chicago Bulls Building Around Derrick Rose ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 calvin venson 1
News NBA 2K13 - Legends screenshots released (Aug '12) Aug '12 Jeremy P 1
News Flashback #26: Bulls Win 72 Games (Apr '12) Apr '12 randall 1
More from around the web