Lakers looking for a bit of healing vs. Celtics

Full story: LA Daily News

The Lakers are 23-5. The Boston Celtics are 27-2. After they play each other this afternoon in the long-anticipated NBA Finals rematch, one of them will have another win, the other will have another loss.
Comments
1 - 20 of 32 Comments Last updated Dec 26, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Show Me Dude

Fairfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 25, 2008
 
If the Laker's win over the Hornets did anything for this team it is the energy and confidence that they can build upon. The rest will have to be a "show me the money" kind of game. Quit talking and just show me what you're made of then you could talk any trash - you've earned it-kind-of situation with the Lakers. If they need to make a statement that will vibrate through the rest of the season, this will be it. Otherwise, the Celtics will still have the last word. So, Lakers, show us what you got!!!!!!!
kobedantheman

Baku, Azerbaijan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 25, 2008
 
the lakers are ready...only a bit of fine tuning and absolute resolve and they can beat the c's and come up with a big C in June 2009...no doubt about this...have faith...
Matt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 25, 2008
 
Phil Jackson really compared his teams spineless, gutless performance in Game 6 and the Crowd afterward to the Busing Fiasco of the early 70's? Phil should know better. thats a cheap shot. Maybe he had the Watts riots or the Rodney King Riots in his head but didn't want to offend the laker fan base. Magic is right that loss was embarressing. But not as embarressing as Phil Jackson comments.
KLL

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 25, 2008
 
The Lakers aren't going to get any healing when the Celtics rub salt in the Lakers wounds.
stu17

Kalispell, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 25, 2008
 
now is the time for bynum to assert himself.
insurePro LA

Carson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 25, 2008
 
This will be a good test for the Lakers , this will definitely show where lakers stand and how much they improved from last year . With Drew Bynum & Trev back that should be the difference in this game . As long as the Lakers come out and playing hard with passion, there's NO F---ken way they could beat Us !!! By far we are way more talented then C's they just play harder then we do thats

Lakers 2009 Champs !!!!!!!!

Celtics = Chump's !!!!! F--k EAST Coast !!!!
voiceof reason

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 25, 2008
 
insurePro LA wrote:
This will be a good test for the Lakers , this will definitely show where lakers stand and how much they improved from last year . With Drew Bynum & Trev back that should be the difference in this game . As long as the Lakers come out and playing hard with passion, there's NO F---ken way they could beat Us !!! By far we are way more talented then C's they just play harder then we do thats
Lakers 2009 Champs !!!!!!!!

Celtics = Chump's !!!!! F--k EAST Coast !!!!
WOW! Ease up on the caffein big fella! It's just a basketball game after all. The Celts beat the lakers twice during the regular season when Bynum was with the team, so the fact he is back is not big deal. For the World Champs this is just another game in the long regular season, but to the lakers it apparently is the whole season. The Celts are considerably better than they were last year when they totally embarassed the "Fakers" so there is no reason to doubt that banner # 18 will be hoisted in Boston in June.
Tiffany

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 25, 2008
 
boston is better than l.a
Magic Johnson

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 25, 2008
 
Owr teem wiwl win tooday. We is at howm and dat is da ownwy reeson dat we wiwl beet da Cewtics. We is stiwl soff but we hav da hown cort avandage.
Fan

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 25, 2008
 
LA is the best team money can buy but they won't win the championship, their not a true team.
big dog

Yorba Linda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 25, 2008
 
Doesnt the nba know that this is a Christian holy day, called Christmas by the way, and I am utterly disgusted and offended that these people (nba) and the people posting here have NO RESPECT or reverence for Christians and for Jesus Christ. They should not be playing on this day!

This is Jesus' birthday. Its not about watching a bunch of overpaid, media inflated ego maniacs play a fake sport on a small court.
bav

Ventura, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 25, 2008
 
Fan wrote:
LA is the best team money can buy but they won't win the championship, their not a true team.
I second that motion! From what I've seen so far, they need another guard-type with size to be a defensive stopper, like Cooper was for the Lakers of old. All of them have to play better defensively as a team, and they need to get more that one shot at the basket, some offensive rebounding. Truly great teams are hard to defend, because they have so many weapons. I don't think the Lakers have that just yet. That sixth game in the finals was telling them something. It's embarrassing to get beat by the much in any league.
Alex

Upland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 25, 2008
 
Boston will dominate
wally p

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 25, 2008
 
KLL wrote:
The Lakers aren't going to get any healing when the Celtics rub salt in the Lakers wounds.
Still looking for a man on here I see.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 25, 2008
 
voiceof reason wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! Ease up on the caffein big fella! It's just a basketball game after all. The Celts beat the lakers twice during the regular season when Bynum was with the team, so the fact he is back is not big deal. For the World Champs this is just another game in the long regular season, but to the lakers it apparently is the whole season. The Celts are considerably better than they were last year when they totally embarassed the "Fakers" so there is no reason to doubt that banner # 18 will be hoisted in Boston in June.
Yes, You are the C's beat the Lakers last season with Bynum in there bad that was not the same bynum, he was still kinda find him self and also Bynum didn't have Pau in there next to him nor did Pau had Bynum in the Finals nor they had Ariza.

If You honestly think that this game is just another game for Celtics then You are fooling Your self.
This big statement game for both teams, good luck in the game.

GOOOOOOOOO LAKERS!

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 25, 2008
 
Fan wrote:
LA is the best team money can buy but they won't win the championship, their not a true team.
That's not true look up boston's pay roll before writing.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 25, 2008
 
big dog wrote:
Doesnt the nba know that this is a Christian holy day, called Christmas by the way, and I am utterly disgusted and offended that these people (nba) and the people posting here have NO RESPECT or reverence for Christians and for Jesus Christ. They should not be playing on this day!
This is Jesus' birthday. Its not about watching a bunch of overpaid, media inflated ego maniacs play a fake sport on a small court.
What's Your point, again?
apujac

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 25, 2008
 
if kobe can keep the ball moving and not be hungry i think we're gonna be fine.

GO LAKERS!!!
STELLA

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Dec 25, 2008
 
Hope the Bosten Celtics win. I hate the lakers simply because Kobe was never charged of rape. The goon!
los

Hanford, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Dec 25, 2008
 
KLL wrote:
The Lakers aren't going to get any healing when the Celtics rub salt in the Lakers wounds.
take your fake ass salt and throw it with your tea fake ass punk

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sasha Vujacic Discussions

Search the Sasha Vujacic Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NBA Trade Rumors: Do New Jersey Nets Have the P... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Arvis Lincoln 2
LAKERS: Who Will They Draft on June 23rd? (Jun '11) Jun '11 Water Boy 9
Nets 107, Timberwolves 105: Nets get 21 assists... (Apr '11) Apr '11 fracas 5
Veteran Vujacic gains Avery's approval (Jan '11) Jan '11 The DEWD 1
Maria Sharapova engaged to Lakers guard (Oct '10) Oct '10 Tom Tancredo 3
Los Angeles Lakers' Andrew Bynum does strength ... (Oct '10) Oct '10 vet sixties era 1
NBA's Vujacic says he's engaged to Sharapova (Oct '10) Oct '10 grizzly 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••