Lakers coach Jackson: We won't take Warriors for granted

Full story: LA Daily News

OK, so the Lakers have beaten the Boston Celtics. What do they do for an encore? Well, beating lowly Golden State would be good.
Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Dec 28, 2008
The Lakers Analyst

Makati, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2008

I think this would be a blowout game for the Lakers.

The Celtics loss wasn't actually surprising. They really struggle against Don Nelson's team playing at home. The Warriors won 5 straight and was 12 of 15 against the Celtics at home.

The Lakers, on the other hand, has won 13 of their last 16 games against the Warriors. Although the Warriors went 2-2 in last season's matchup with the Lakers, they are now without Baron Davis and Al Harrington, and Monta Ellis is still in the injured list. The trio scored 62 and 63 total points in their two wins against the Lakers last season. Where would the Warriors get those scoring contributions? From Jamal Crawford?

Well, you may want to see my take on this game at:

http://lalakersnba.blogspot.com/2008/12/laker...
monterey ray

Pacific Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2008

HOW CAN THE WARRIORS HAVE SUCH GREAT STATS AND STILL BE 9-22? TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE, IT SEEMS THAT WHEN A PLAYER LEAVES THE WARRIORS, THEY BECOME SO MUCH MORE PRODUCTIVE WITH THEIR NEW TEAM. STRANGE.
MONTEREY RAY
kampikkobe

Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2008

I like Tyronn Lue but I'd still like to give it a chance for Sun Yue to do a breakout game he deserves.
apujac

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2008

jackson should let Yue play this one game.
goingbravo

San Bernardino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2008

Fisher did an excellent job guarding Ray Allen of Boston Celtics from that X-mas game. For the first time for many games, Ray Allen did not hurt Lakers in scoring particularly. I called this veteran & aging Fisher vs. veteran and aging Allen. In the past Kobe has no success guarding Ray Allen, always hurting Lakers, making easy three-point shots but with Fisher tenacious defense, Ray Allen was frustrated and benched by Celtic coach. Next time Lakers meet Celtics in Boston, put Fisher against Ray Allen. Phil Jackson are you making note!
david

Renton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2008

go after the knick guard stephon marbury he could break other team defence. I think stephon would help ;you guys a lot. He you can get him for free form the knick good luck for the rest of the season.
MDJB89

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2008

david wrote:
go after the knick guard stephon marbury he could break other team defence. I think stephon would help ;you guys a lot. He you can get him for free form the knick good luck for the rest of the season.
Yeah, Marbury would be a great choice for the Lakers to sign... if they wanted to self-implode and eliminate themselves from the hunt for the championship. There's got to be some quality talent out there, either through free agency or trades; the Lakers are a world-class team, anyone in their right mind would want to play for them. They'll be just fine.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sasha Vujacic Discussions

Search the Sasha Vujacic Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NBA Trade Rumors: Do New Jersey Nets Have the P... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Arvis Lincoln 2
LAKERS: Who Will They Draft on June 23rd? (Jun '11) Jun '11 Water Boy 9
Nets 107, Timberwolves 105: Nets get 21 assists... (Apr '11) Apr '11 fracas 5
Veteran Vujacic gains Avery's approval (Jan '11) Jan '11 The DEWD 1
Maria Sharapova engaged to Lakers guard (Oct '10) Oct '10 Tom Tancredo 3
Los Angeles Lakers' Andrew Bynum does strength ... (Oct '10) Oct '10 vet sixties era 1
NBA's Vujacic says he's engaged to Sharapova (Oct '10) Oct '10 grizzly 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••