Lakers return to work refreshed, but ...

Lakers return to work refreshed, but rusty

There are 5 comments on the LA Daily News story from Jan 1, 2009, titled Lakers return to work refreshed, but rusty. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Kobe Bryant decompressed a little bit at home. Derek Fisher spent time with his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

United States

#1 Jan 1, 2009
When will the Lakers get a faster, defensive minded pointguard to deal with the likes of Iverson and Dwain Wade?

Posted by: Thomas

Kamuela, HI

#2 Jan 1, 2009
Dwayne Wade is a shooting guard. Mario Chalmers is playing the point for Maimi at this time.

The injury to Jordan is going to free up minutes for Sasha at the point and maybe Sun Yue for 5-10 min a game at the most. Sasha is capable of fighting through screens and keeping up with the faster point guards. The way our defense works is to funnel those quick guards to our big frontline or funnel them into a trap situation, that helps negate those guys. Offensively, becuase we run the triangle which does not require a true point guard we will be fine with Sasha bringing up the ball as well as Lamar (this is all in relation to the 2nd unit). To answer your question I don't see them picking up a point guard for the current situation, maybe more towards the deadline for depth and playing time management reasons. As of right now things aren't broken so I don't think were going to try to fix it.

United States

#3 Jan 1, 2009
kobe is rusty,as he always been.too bad hes not like dwayne wade,dwayne can go hard all night,and never get tired

Since: Oct 08

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Jan 1, 2009
Tiffany wrote:
kobe is rusty,as he always been.too bad hes not like dwayne wade,dwayne can go hard all night,and never get tired
How much younger is Wade than Kobe? 4 years younger.. Give Wade a 4 more years in the league and see if he still goes "hard all night, and never get tired".

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#5 Jan 1, 2009
dwayne can be in the league for 20 years and still go hard.kobe on the other hand will hopefully retire and be watching dwade get his rings.i can see kobe now,crying on his couch while looking at dwayne and the heat win theyre title,oooh its gonna be madd funny

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sasha Vujacic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA Trade Rumors: Do New Jersey Nets Have the P... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Arvis Lincoln 2
News LAKERS: Who Will They Draft on June 23rd? (Jun '11) Jun '11 Water Boy 9
News Nets 107, Timberwolves 105: Nets get 21 assists... (Apr '11) Apr '11 fracas 5
News Veteran Vujacic gains Avery's approval (Jan '11) Jan '11 The DEWD 1
News Maria Sharapova engaged to Lakers guard (Oct '10) Oct '10 Tom Tancredo 3
News Los Angeles Lakers' Andrew Bynum does strength ... (Oct '10) Oct '10 vet sixties era 1
News NBA's Vujacic says he's engaged to Sharapova (Oct '10) Oct '10 grizzly 1
More from around the web