Lakers receive praise from Warriors

Lakers receive praise from Warriors

There are 58 comments on the LA Daily News story from Dec 30, 2008, titled Lakers receive praise from Warriors. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Golden State played against the Lakers on Sunday and Boston Celtics on Friday, so there might be nobody better qualified than the Warriors to compare and contrast two of the league's best teams.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
bad boy

Yorba Linda, CA

#42 Dec 31, 2008
Steven Baldassari wrote:
This makes me sick. All the media ever does is talk an organization up and when they get too good they feast on their "small slumps". Why not just admit that you have no stories to talk about. How is it a story that the Celtics have lost 5 games this year when every other team has already done the same. That just means even when the Celtics lose three out of four in a "mini slump" that they are still just as good and better than the rest of the teams. Every team will be knee bent to the Celtics at the end of the season and everyone knows it. The way people are trying to prevent it because they want their worse teams to win is by throwing the C's down to try to hurt their team chemistry and to decrease the level that they play it. No one plays at the C's level period. The reason the Celtics lost these three games recently is because of them beating themselves. That coupled with the fact that it is obvious N.B.A. referees are being way harder on the Celtics than other teams recently. For example, going into the Lakers game the Celtics had the second most free throw opportunities in the league. However, in the first half only one foul was called on the Lakers and it was at the end of the first half. Everything is corrupt. Good overcomes evil. The Celtics will overcome. Don't accept defeat C's. Come together once again and show the Haters what you are all about! Rise above it all! Go Celtics!!!
- Steven Baldassari
Steven,
You have to understand that the Lakers are the darlings of the NBA. They get the limelight because the media is centered in Hollywood, so you get all the celebrity bafoons like Nicholso, Canon, and whoever's career is slumping and the best way to get noticed is to go to a Laker game, pay expensive tickets and hope the camera guy gets you on national television.
A good quote I thought came from avery johnson back at the start of the 1999-2000 nba season. The Spurs had just previously won the championship, and all the media cared about was whoring up the Lakers and Kobe and Shaq. Avery Johnson goes "Didnt we just win the championship? You would have the thought the Lakers are the second coming or something?"

That statement pretty much sums it up for the NBA-Lakers compact. have you ever wondered why Kobe ALWAYS gets a call when he drives to the lane? Its cause he's King Kobe and the Lakers best sixth man, the referees, always bail him out when he F&&ks it up driving in the paint. The Lakers' general manager, David Stern, would want nothing less than to have a Lakers/Celtics rematch for June 09, with the Lakers, of course, coming out on top, and Kobe giving his falsetto Michael Jordanesque voice in interview about how it was a "team" effort, failing to mention that the Laker team also includes the sixth man on the court, the referee. Bet on it!
uscman1

Los Angeles, CA

#43 Dec 31, 2008
Lakers are playing great b-ball right about now,as far as i'm concerned i feel really good about making the final appearance that's been anticipated all over this NBA nation of ours,i must say i love my chances against anyone we meet up with.God bless the United Lakers of America.
Jobe Bryant

Woodland Hills, CA

#45 Dec 31, 2008
The 2 players Nellie was referring to were James Posey and P.J. Brown who boosted the Celtics off the bench both defensively and offensively. Sam Casell was not much of a factor and he is still on the roster.

Stephon Marbury to the Lakers.
Phil and Kobe will keep him in check.
Jobe Bryant

Woodland Hills, CA

#46 Dec 31, 2008
bad boy you are the dumbest person in the world. Kobe was one of the most loved but also one of the MOST HATED players in the league even if some Laker fans wont admit it.

You are a genuine Laker hater.
One statement that proves you are an idiot is when you said Jack Nicholsons career is slumping LOL so is Andy Garcias? Mark Wahlberg? Leonardo Dicaprio? Denzel Washington? I can go on and on and on.

But lets not forget. You are a worthless hater
ex sgv guy in colorado

Fort Mill, SC

#47 Dec 31, 2008
bottom line GO LAKERS
Tiffany

United States

#48 Jan 1, 2009
kobe is a b!tch,the warriors should receive praise from kobe,at least the warriors play like a team,kobe dont
Darin

Lucerne, CA

#49 Jan 2, 2009
the warriors play like a team? that's hilarious.
bad boy

Yorba Linda, CA

#50 Jan 2, 2009
Jobe Bryant wrote:
bad boy you are the dumbest person in the world. Kobe was one of the most loved but also one of the MOST HATED players in the league even if some Laker fans wont admit it.
You are a genuine Laker hater.
One statement that proves you are an idiot is when you said Jack Nicholsons career is slumping LOL so is Andy Garcias? Mark Wahlberg? Leonardo Dicaprio? Denzel Washington? I can go on and on and on.
But lets not forget. You are a worthless hater
Jobe Bryant,
I dont know why you support Kobe Bryant. The only thing you two have in common is the same last name! Thats it.
He doesnt give a rats about you. The same is true for the rest of the prima donna media inflated, over-paid, ego-maniac freaks that happen to play in the NBA. These guys are all jerks, Kobe being King Jerk, and whats really sad is that these multi-multi-millionaires have poor people like you supporting and "praising" jerks like him.
If you want to go on thinking the way you do, go on a ahead. Its a free country. But I say try to keep things in perspective: these guys are totally out of touch with the common person, many of them commit crimes for which they never pay restitution for, and the public (people like you) support them come hell or high water. I just dont get it.
Tiffany

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#51 Jan 2, 2009
yes warriors play team basketball,kobe dont know what team basketball is
Eric

Barstow, CA

#52 Jan 4, 2009
From reading some of these posts, I would assume that people just started watching basketball about 3 games ago. Good Lord! Perhaps those of you should go to Nick.com and have some fun. Leave basketball to real fans.

Leonard in TX, you know of what you speak. My family ripped Shaq when he waited to get his toe operated on. Shaq was in it for Shaq. The Big Aristumble can stay with the Suns for all I care. The only way I would care for him back in L.A. is if he was here practicing free throws.
Eric

Barstow, CA

#53 Jan 4, 2009
Tiffany, pull your panties out of your crack and go make me a turkey pot pie... obviously you don't know basketball. You are a troll, and not a very bright one at that!
Eric

Barstow, CA

#54 Jan 4, 2009
And as for you Boston fans, New York just beat them. So enjoy that on your Sunday.
Eric

Barstow, CA

#55 Jan 4, 2009
Badboy, you cannot have it both ways. You tell Jobe Bryant that he should praise these people like Kobe or any player in the NBA. Question: How is it you know what you know about the NBA? Do you hate them so much that you actually watch the games so you can make informed opinions? After all, you are quoting Avery Johnson from the 1999-2000 season. It appears that your hatred of the Lakers has clouded your decision-making process. You might be better served watching golf, but really, those multi-millionaires don't give a rats about you either. I have an idea, go watch little league.
Eric

Barstow, CA

#56 Jan 4, 2009
correction for above: it should read "...jobe Bryant that he shouldn't..."
bad boy

Yorba Linda, CA

#57 Jan 4, 2009
Eric wrote:
Badboy, you cannot have it both ways. You tell Jobe Bryant that he should praise these people like Kobe or any player in the NBA. Question: How is it you know what you know about the NBA? Do you hate them so much that you actually watch the games so you can make informed opinions? After all, you are quoting Avery Johnson from the 1999-2000 season. It appears that your hatred of the Lakers has clouded your decision-making process. You might be better served watching golf, but really, those multi-millionaires don't give a rats about you either. I have an idea, go watch little league.
I dont get it! What's your question?
ABET

Bangkok, Thailand

#58 Jan 5, 2009
I really hope the Lakers play each game like they did last Christmas day . It's just so nice to see them back in shape and in high spirits after that Finals meltdown . It maybe too soon to say say but here it goes anyway . IT'S PAYBACK TIME !
Neigh Sayer

United States

#59 Jan 5, 2009
Magic Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagwee wichyou.We is da bes teeme in the Leeg right now.Bedder dan Bosson,we is up on the Cewtics by beeting dem on owr home flo.We have da mennal edge over da Cewltics, bassaball is a mine game an we won dat baddle awready.
Magic you sound great you must have been taking speech lessons, who's your teacher Ahmad Rashad?
Eric

Barstow, CA

#60 Jan 5, 2009
Badboy, there were two questions in there. Reread. Reading, its fundamental!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sasha Vujacic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA Trade Rumors: Do New Jersey Nets Have the P... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Arvis Lincoln 2
News LAKERS: Who Will They Draft on June 23rd? (Jun '11) Jun '11 Water Boy 9
News Nets 107, Timberwolves 105: Nets get 21 assists... (Apr '11) Apr '11 fracas 5
News Veteran Vujacic gains Avery's approval (Jan '11) Jan '11 The DEWD 1
News Maria Sharapova engaged to Lakers guard (Oct '10) Oct '10 Tom Tancredo 3
News Los Angeles Lakers' Andrew Bynum does strength ... (Oct '10) Oct '10 vet sixties era 1
News NBA's Vujacic says he's engaged to Sharapova (Oct '10) Oct '10 grizzly 1
More from around the web