Lakers receive praise from Warriors

Lakers receive praise from Warriors

There are 58 comments on the LA Daily News story from Dec 30, 2008, titled Lakers receive praise from Warriors. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Golden State played against the Lakers on Sunday and Boston Celtics on Friday, so there might be nobody better qualified than the Warriors to compare and contrast two of the league's best teams.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
tomyupw

United States

#1 Dec 30, 2008
What the Lakers need is someone like Jenaro Pargo, not Tyronne Lue.

Posted by: Thomas
apujac

Austin, TX

#2 Dec 30, 2008
coach jackson should continue the rotation of sasha and fisher even if fisher has foul trouble or not. sasha can be productive on the floor.
GO LAKERS!!!
Lou

United States

#3 Dec 30, 2008
Sam Cassell is still with the Celtics. It's PJ Brown who went back to retirement. Get your facts right!
the pocket

United States

#4 Dec 30, 2008
I have been a die hard laker fan for many years. I will say that this team will
not win a championship without a good low post power forward, like a carl
marlone

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#5 Dec 30, 2008
the pocket wrote:
marlone
Who is Carl Marlone?

Location hidden

#6 Dec 30, 2008
Did you mean Karl Malone?
Howard Cosell

Northridge, CA

#7 Dec 30, 2008
the pocket wrote:
marlone
Who Goofed? I've got to know!
The Only Sane LAKER Fan

United States

#8 Dec 30, 2008
the pocket wrote:
marlone
You mean they don't already have a good low-post PF? Could've fooled me. If what you say is true (and I doubt it is), then they're still doing pretty well without one. And, if you're really as "die hard" as you say that you are, then you'll remember that we had Karl Malone, and we still weren't able to win the championship... so, there goes that argument. We've got Bynum, Gasol, and Odom. And that's good enough for me.
primetime

United States

#9 Dec 30, 2008
That is so cute that people still play basketball!
I thought it went under due to total lack of interest. Well players, keep on reaching for that rainbow and maybe someone will pay attention to you.

Location hidden

#10 Dec 30, 2008
primetime wrote:
That is so cute that people still play basketball!
I thought it went under due to total lack of interest. Well players, keep on reaching for that rainbow and maybe someone will pay attention to you.
Like they care if someone pays attention to them goofball. I think the millions they make is good enough for them.....But, keep posting on here and maybe someone will pay attention to you!!!
Tiffany

United States

#11 Dec 30, 2008
the warriors was better when they had matt barnes
Jose A Ragiles

Kailua Kona, HI

#12 Dec 30, 2008
For the Lakers- discipline #1, focus, and work together as a Team be humble to each other, each of you players has a job to do. From the top mgmt. to the lowest player "unity" is the name of the game I am sure the LAKERS is the CHAMPIONS this year, go for it - Lakers, Lakers, Lakers, from an admirer here in Waipahu, Hawaii.
We are Different

Roscoe, IL

#13 Dec 30, 2008
Kobe is the most over rated player in the history of the NBA.

-Look this up - team (since Shaq left) has a losing record in the games under 3 pts - yet everyone says Kobe is clutch?

-Lakers have a better record in games without Kobe than with Kobe (Since Shaq left).

-Lakers have a losing record when Kobe scores 40 or more (since Shaq left)- he does not make others better.

You see a trend here - Shaq was the winner -Kobe is the stat stuffer. All you Kobe lovers need to look up the information before you start telling me how great he is, he is World B Free with a good agent.

Location hidden

#14 Dec 30, 2008
I see that two superstars are better than one. I bet Shaq's record is worse without Kobe too. Not a lot to do in Wisconsin I see.
phillie213

United States

#15 Dec 30, 2008
Shaq 28 and 12 2 blocks for 8 laker seasons
30 and 15 in the playoffs
3 finals MVP"s

All you Kobelovers don't forget the real reason he has rings, its Shaq. Shaq carried 3 guys on back every game. All he's done since Shaq's been gone is score alot of points. Nothing changed about his game but his point total. Same assist, same rebounds. No telling where this team would be if Pau Gasol wasnt giftwrapped for Kwame Brown. Lakers basically traded Shaq for Odom, Bynum and Kwame so Kobe could be the MAN. Nice tradeoff Kobe, you probably cost yourself two more rings in the process and if you don't win this year, he won't see another ring in a laker uniform. Im sure once if it gets bad again, he'll try to run off and play for the bulls again to fufill his fantasy of wanting to be like Mike.

Location hidden

#16 Dec 30, 2008
Yeah, it was Shaq who came in 50 lbs overweight every season and only played when he wanted to. It was Shaq who always had surgery when it was right for him and not the team. He's the end of the play when everyone passed him the ball and his slam dunk went in (sometimes) lots of skill there!
Leonard

Spring, TX

#18 Dec 30, 2008
I think Nelson was referring to James Posey and P.J. Brown (not Sam Cassell) as the two players the Celtics had last year but do not have this year. Cassell is still on their roster, but not activated. He was on their bench Christmas Day (in a suit and tie).
Leonard

Spring, TX

#19 Dec 30, 2008
I posted the last comment without reading above ... Lou had already made the correction.
For those still on the anti-Kobe bandwagon ... his game this year now is at a completely different level than when he played with Shaq and in the years after Shaq (especially the early ones)... and even moreso than last year. Kobe is the best player in the game now ... maybe just no longer the most spectacular.
kampikkobe

Muntinlupa, Philippines

#20 Dec 30, 2008
I say let Sasha take the point while Jordan is healing and groom Sun every now and then. Yue showed some good passing skills during his last outing against Portland and if given more playing time, would be able to add some points in the scoring list.
Tiffany

United States

#21 Dec 30, 2008
the best team in the nba are the celtics,there are no best teams,the lakers are a very good team but not better than the celtics

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sasha Vujacic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA Trade Rumors: Do New Jersey Nets Have the P... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Arvis Lincoln 2
News LAKERS: Who Will They Draft on June 23rd? (Jun '11) Jun '11 Water Boy 9
News Nets 107, Timberwolves 105: Nets get 21 assists... (Apr '11) Apr '11 fracas 5
News Veteran Vujacic gains Avery's approval (Jan '11) Jan '11 The DEWD 1
News Maria Sharapova engaged to Lakers guard (Oct '10) Oct '10 Tom Tancredo 3
News Los Angeles Lakers' Andrew Bynum does strength ... (Oct '10) Oct '10 vet sixties era 1
News NBA's Vujacic says he's engaged to Sharapova (Oct '10) Oct '10 grizzly 1
More from around the web