Ohio.com - Cavaliers open camp with l...

Ohio.com - Cavaliers open camp with lack of swagger

There are 34 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Oct 2, 2007, titled Ohio.com - Cavaliers open camp with lack of swagger. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

INDEPENDENCE: Every training camp in sports starts with some level of uncertainty.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rich

Perrysburg, OH

#21 Oct 2, 2007
At the end of the day, we didn't win the championship last year and are suffering already this year because we didn't go after Allen Iverson - bottom line!
John

Pembroke, MA

#22 Oct 2, 2007
Pace wrote:
<quoted text>
He was injured (shin). You must be a big Cavs follower. He didn't get much PT last year, but he'll work his was into the rotation this year. He's a rediculous athlete and former Mr. Basketball in Illinois.
He is incredibly athletic, but also can be turnover prone and is a streaky shooter. He will have to take better care of the ball and shoot more consistent in order to break into the rotation and stay there.

“Serenity Now!”

Since: May 07

York Township, OH

#23 Oct 2, 2007
travesty strikes again wrote:
Lebron signed a contract that ends the same year as Hughes, Z's, and Marshall. By doing that, it allows the team to reload again with big name FA's and resign Lebron to the most money that can be offered to him by any team. For you idiots that are complaining you're not seeing what's going on. This franchise is setting itself up to make a long run by the time Lebron hits his prime. Z, Hughes, and Marshalls contracts will all be gone off the books. That includes Snow, Newble and Damon Jones. Ferry's doing the RIGHT thing by NOT overpaying for players who could come back to bite the franchise. Sort of like what's happening now, ton of money spent and little in return on the court.
All offseason I've been extremely critical of Ferry for not making any improvements to this team. While I still hold that view for the most part, I have to admit that you've made some good points here.

If this is the plan though, it looks like we'll probably have to wait a few more years until we have a real chance at a title, because I think this team needs 1 or 2 genuine All-Stars to play with LeBron in order to win it all.
Old Man Grump

Canton, OH

#24 Oct 2, 2007
Still a fan wrote:
Goodbye LeBron. You showed what you can do when you don't have to be the whole team and do the coaching. You will do well again when the Cavs surround you with some players. That will never happen...... Past two years of reverse inertia and no players and now worse than last year.. Save yourself for the free agency. There ain't goin to be no help!!!! Again!!!!!
LeBron will be wearing a Knicks uniform when his contract expires with the Cavs still wishing for a NBA Championship.
bill musselman

Gulfport, MS

#25 Oct 2, 2007
despite what lebron has to say on his two teammates, we are smarter than paying a guy 11 million who can't even make a clutch 6 footer when wide open

11 million? please...

and sasha can sashay outta dodge to europe and i say, so what? dime a dozen guys who could care less about cleveland and the team:

gimme, gimme, gimme, that's all they know
bill musselman

Gulfport, MS

#26 Oct 2, 2007
Old Man Grump wrote:
<quoted text>LeBron will be wearing a Knicks uniform when his contract expires with the Cavs still wishing for a NBA Championship.
and you'll be dead and buried in pittsburgh

i wish i was near you, you drunken spoof of a sports fan---i'd get rich on that bet alone
bill musselman

Gulfport, MS

#27 Oct 2, 2007
Lebron signed a contract that ends the same year as Hughes, Z's, and Marshall. By doing that, it allows the team to reload again with big name FA's and resign Lebron to the most money that can be offered to him by any team. For you idiots that are complaining you're not seeing what's going on. This franchise is setting itself up to make a long run by the time Lebron hits his prime. Z, Hughes, and Marshalls contracts will all be gone off the books. That includes Snow, Newble and Damon Jones. Ferry's doing the RIGHT thing by NOT overpaying for players who could come back to bite the franchise. Sort of like what's happening now, ton of money spent and little in return on the court.
All offseason I've been extremely critical of Ferry for not making any improvements to this team. While I still hold that view for the most part, I have to admit that you've made some good points here.

If this is the plan though, it looks like we'll probably have to wait a few more years until we have a real chance at a title, because I think this team needs 1 or 2 genuine All-Stars to play with LeBron in order to win it all.

out of all you bitchy posters, here are the only two guys that truly get the basketball drift and know what's going on...the rest of you are the spawn of Old Man Grump, well, maybe that's hitting below the belt
bill musselman

Gulfport, MS

#28 Oct 2, 2007
danny ferry has done more for the team by not listening to the panic buttons than any of them could do in 1000 years: lebron will retire a Cavalier
bikerman

Marion, SC

#29 Oct 2, 2007
Well, I have seen it all now. We are burdened with Hughes, Jones, and Marshall, now we should add AV. We can never get what LeBron needs if we agree to his demands. He certainly is not in Gooden's league, much less a premier power forward. It would be nice to have him on the team, but not for more than $5 mil per. Sasha is too inconsistent to demand more than $3 mil.
HDAWG

United States

#31 Oct 3, 2007
Sure, let me know when Shannon Brown becomes "nasty". Him being Mr. Basketball in Illinois really doesn't tell me anything, all NBA players were really good in high school. You might be one of those that think Daniel Gibson is the next Tony Parker.
Tonto Epstein

Chillicothe, OH

#32 Oct 3, 2007
Danny Ferry is smart in the way he's handling the Cavs situation. Unlike Paxson, he's not trading away draft picks, making unlogical trades, and he's being very patient. He knows that we don't have the money nor the parts to go after big name guys. He also did a very smart thing by signing Hughes, Z, and Marshall to contracts that end at the same time. You can tell Lebron and Ferry have a vision that's unforseen by some ignorant Cleveland sports fans. What I mean is......
This has got to be one of the dumbest comments I've read in a long time. A guy signs deadwood that clogs a salary cap for five years, and you think this was a clever move? Hey, Pal, I hate to let you in on a little secret, but every contract on every team eventually ends. Cleveland isn't the only team that has contracts that eventually expire. And "big name" free agents didn't come to Cleveland when $28 million in cap space was available and squandered, so precisely what are you smoking that makes you believe anything will be any different three years from now? In 2010, will global warming have turned Cleveland into a palm tree paradise filled with bleach blond chicks with really big hooters? If so, then screw Al Gore, it's all worth it. In fact, I'm going to burn some ozone tonight.
No Comment

Louisville, KY

#33 Oct 3, 2007
Old Man Grump wrote:
LeBron is focusing on SNL appearances instead of training camp and outside/foul shooting.
post NO grumpity grump grump
Tonto Epstein

Chillicothe, OH

#34 Oct 3, 2007
Pace wrote:
<quoted text>
He was injured (shin). You must be a big Cavs follower. He didn't get much PT last year, but he'll work his was into the rotation this year. He's a rediculous athlete and former Mr. Basketball in Illinois.
Brown was Mr. Basketball? He looks more like a transvestite to me. Ms. Basketball, maybe. So he's a great athlete, big deal. Harold Miner was a great athlete, too. But Baby Jordan sucked.
Chuck

Daly City, CA

#35 Oct 4, 2007
Jack Hill wrote:
Guys, get a life. This is the NBA not basketball. This league is a travesty. Over paid thugs with their illegitimate famiiies are a national disgrace not a sport.
can't figure out if you are a troll or a racist......or both

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sasha Pavlovic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boston Celtics: Three Serious Free Agents for D... (Jun '11) Jun '11 shaq 1
News Shaq's value to Cavs can't be measured until Ju... (Feb '10) Jun '10 johnny 29
News Wolves go out with a tie: 15 wins (Apr '10) Apr '10 jeb 20
News Kurt Rambis still pushing slumping Timberwolves... (Mar '10) Mar '10 DD Austin 4
News Cavaliers, Suns agree to deal that sends Shaq t... (Jun '09) Nov '09 Bewitched 70
News Minnesota Timberwolves sign Sasha Pavlovic (Sep '09) Sep '09 Mike 2
News A jester for the King (Jul '09) Jul '09 DAN 6
More from around the web