Ohio.com - Cavaliers open camp with l...

Ohio.com - Cavaliers open camp with lack of swagger

There are 34 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Oct 2, 2007, titled Ohio.com - Cavaliers open camp with lack of swagger. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

INDEPENDENCE: Every training camp in sports starts with some level of uncertainty.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Old Man Grump

Canton, OH

#1 Oct 2, 2007
Cavs are 3rd best in the East. Boston & Detroit have improved themselves. Cavs have done nothing, but cut an old guard, and bring in two stiffs. LeBron is focusing on SNL appearances instead of training camp and outside/foul shooting.

Sign the Wild Thing, a point guard, and a consistant shooting guard. Varejao is worth every penny of $11 million a year for 6 years. Use your exception. Go over the salary cap and pay the penalty for it Gilbert & Ferry. Do you wnat to win at all costs or not? Or are you turning into a Dolan?
Harold

Cleveland, OH

#2 Oct 2, 2007
Boy, what a happy group.

I hope Danny hasn't done it to us twice (Ron Harper).

I don't believe a word Dan Gilbert says about the mortgage market not effecting Quicken Loans. If Countrywide is effected big time, he's effected big time.
Tdogg

Montgomery, AL

#3 Oct 2, 2007
This team is garbage, we haven't done anything of significance all summer and now we start camp in a funk. Well, I hope they're bad enough to get a decent pick in the '08 draft. I'd have to say that LeBron was doomed the minute they let Boozer go to Utah, don't blame Ferry for that bone head move.
True Fan

Alexandria, VA

#4 Oct 2, 2007
LB shoots 80% overall in the Olympics, and he's "not working on his "outside/foul shooting" - right, Cleveland fans indeed are clueless. Maybe he should sign with NY. AV worth $11 mill? A guy with no shot, no offensive game at all, bad decision making, poor passer, poor free throw shooter, and actually not that great on D is worth $11 mill? He hustles and has great flop ability - that ain't $11 mill and his worth was proven by no offers in free agency - that says it all.
Chad

United States

#5 Oct 2, 2007
Old Man Grump wrote:
Cavs are 3rd best in the East. Boston & Detroit have improved themselves. Cavs have done nothing, but cut an old guard, and bring in two stiffs. LeBron is focusing on SNL appearances instead of training camp and outside/foul shooting.
Sign the Wild Thing, a point guard, and a consistant shooting guard. Varejao is worth every penny of $11 million a year for 6 years. Use your exception. Go over the salary cap and pay the penalty for it Gilbert & Ferry. Do you wnat to win at all costs or not? Or are you turning into a Dolan?
Your name should be "Old Man Moron!" You don't know what the hell you are talking about in either of the three major sports. I hope your time is coming sooner rather than later!!
OldManGrump

Canton, OH

#6 Oct 2, 2007
Chad wrote:
<quoted text>
Your name should be "Old Man Moron!" You don't know what the hell you are talking about in either of the three major sports. I hope your time is coming sooner rather than later!!
They say an A$$ is born every minute, and this must be your minute.
Four on Five

Hartville, OH

#7 Oct 2, 2007
Is Loura Hughes back or did she chip a nail and will be out for weeks
Pace

United States

#8 Oct 2, 2007
The Cavs will be fine, LeBron has been lights out all summer, Hughes is going to be healthy again (and he'll be running the point which made the team better last year), and don't forget about Shannon Brown. He's gonna be nasty. They didn't make any moves, but they're gonna be familiar with one another's games. Anderson is a good player, but I agree with True Fan that he isn't worth $11 Mill. He's a brazilian Vlade Divacs with no O. We do need another big man, don't worry, Ferry knows what he's doing.
HA HA

Dayton, OH

#9 Oct 2, 2007
Lack of swagger? The NBA is full of swagger. It's how they all walk...
Boobie Gibson

Akron, OH

#10 Oct 2, 2007
Let Sasha Go.........Anderson is not worth 11 a year. Thats ridiculous. 7 Mil tops.
HDAWG

United States

#11 Oct 2, 2007
Shannon Brown is going to be nasty??? Then why didn't he play last year?
T-Dash

Pittsburgh, PA

#12 Oct 2, 2007
for you buffoons who think dan ferry shuld have made all these moves. name one andi'll name all the money restictions that prevent it. if you knew anything you'd know he did the best with what he had to work with.
travesty strikes again

Nashville, TN

#13 Oct 2, 2007
Danny Ferry is smart in the way he's handling the Cavs situation. Unlike Paxson, he's not trading away draft picks, making unlogical trades, and he's being very patient. He knows that we don't have the money nor the parts to go after big name guys. He also did a very smart thing by signing Hughes, Z, and Marshall to contracts that end at the same time. You can tell Lebron and Ferry have a vision that's unforseen by some ignorant Cleveland sports fans. What I mean is......

Lebron signed a contract that ends the same year as Hughes, Z's, and Marshall. By doing that, it allows the team to reload again with big name FA's and resign Lebron to the most money that can be offered to him by any team. For you idiots that are complaining you're not seeing what's going on. This franchise is setting itself up to make a long run by the time Lebron hits his prime. Z, Hughes, and Marshalls contracts will all be gone off the books. That includes Snow, Newble and Damon Jones. Ferry's doing the RIGHT thing by NOT overpaying for players who could come back to bite the franchise. Sort of like what's happening now, ton of money spent and little in return on the court.
Gqcaver

Northbrook, IL

#14 Oct 2, 2007
I cant get over what V is asking for. What is that guy smokin?
a fn k

Whitehall, MT

#15 Oct 2, 2007
11 million a year of 6 years!!!!!

ha ha ha ha!!!!!

the dude and his agent are tools. the only franchise foolish enough to pay that kind of coin is the new york knicks.

what a joke. not only can he piss off i hope somebody bashes his kneecaps so he has to learn what it's like to live like the rest of us.
Tony Hall

Capitol Heights, MD

#16 Oct 2, 2007
They CAN'T pay AV 11 mil.....no WAY. Not for 6 years!!

Look, Hughes gets paid over 12 mil, Z gets paid about 11 mil, Lebron will soon be making MORE than all of them at about 15 million, Gooden makes almost 7 million....not to mention Marshall and Jones' deal.....then AV wants 11?????

WHO else would they be able to sign? There are some good players that will be on the market in the next two years.

The Cavs would be committing suicide if they sign AV to that much money in addition to the salaries they are already paying.
Teddy

Broadview Heights, OH

#17 Oct 2, 2007
Harold wrote:
Boy, what a happy group.
I hope Danny hasn't done it to us twice (Ron Harper).
I don't believe a word Dan Gilbert says about the mortgage market not effecting Quicken Loans. If Countrywide is effected big time, he's effected big time.
I agree. Also think that any good fantasy player could be a good GM with the cap room Ferry had available to him last year. If he can find a point guard who is cheap but fits perfect with our system and a big man who is also unknown (thus cheap and available) then he earns his pay as GM. Yes they are out there. Every year or so a no name steps up because he has been put in the right system that meets his talents.

Signing big name guys for outrageous sums does not require skill. We need an NBA version of Shapiro.
Still a fan

AOL

#18 Oct 2, 2007
Goodbye LeBron. You showed what you can do when you don't have to be the whole team and do the coaching. You will do well again when the Cavs surround you with some players. That will never happen...... Past two years of reverse inertia and no players and now worse than last year.. Save yourself for the free agency. There ain't goin to be no help!!!! Again!!!!!
Chuck

United States

#19 Oct 2, 2007
reverse intertia the last two years? are you nuts?
Pace

Chesterfield, MO

#20 Oct 2, 2007
HDAWG wrote:
Shannon Brown is going to be nasty??? Then why didn't he play last year?
He was injured (shin). You must be a big Cavs follower. He didn't get much PT last year, but he'll work his was into the rotation this year. He's a rediculous athlete and former Mr. Basketball in Illinois.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sasha Pavlovic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boston Celtics: Three Serious Free Agents for D... (Jun '11) Jun '11 shaq 1
News Shaq's value to Cavs can't be measured until Ju... (Feb '10) Jun '10 johnny 29
News Wolves go out with a tie: 15 wins (Apr '10) Apr '10 jeb 20
News Kurt Rambis still pushing slumping Timberwolves... (Mar '10) Mar '10 DD Austin 4
News Cavaliers, Suns agree to deal that sends Shaq t... (Jun '09) Nov '09 Bewitched 70
News Minnesota Timberwolves sign Sasha Pavlovic (Sep '09) Sep '09 Mike 2
News A jester for the King (Jul '09) Jul '09 DAN 6
More from around the web