No calls, no chance

No calls, no chance

There are 82 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from May 25, 2007, titled No calls, no chance. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

LeBron James took the shot this time. That didn't work out, either. The Cavaliers tried a different tact in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference finals at the Palace of Auburn Hills, but suffered the same fate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Richie

New York, NY

#1 May 25, 2007
The cav's have no chance ot take this series. The ref's are controlling the game based upon the calls they are making or in this case, NOT making. The Piston's are getting the advantage based upon their previous experiences, and, 6 fouls allowed per player is a joke. You'll be in jail for lesser fouls in our court system !!
BAsketball refs SUCK !!
Lets Go Cavs

Columbus, OH

#2 May 25, 2007
Sometimes a coach have to take his $50,000 fine inorder to get a fair hand down the road. All 3 refs should be watching the rest of the playoffs in their living rooms. They can't be intimidated by the Palace. Third quarter melt down is one thing, but our star getting hacked and no call is another, Jordon got the call back in his day, for all of you who likes to compare His Airness with Lebron.
RPB

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 May 25, 2007
Cavs go screwed, plain and simple! Now let's listen to everyone blame Lebron, just like game one. I think Richard Hamilton should have charges pressed against him for molesting! He had his hands on him from the top of the key all the way down the lane and during the shot!

The reality...
In the NBA you have to earn the right to win a championship. It is a progressive thing that takes about 4 years. The referees will not give the Cavs the calls they need because they haven't "earned" the right yet. Maybe next year. It freakin' sucks!!!!
Temple-Man

Warren, NJ

#4 May 25, 2007
The Cavaliers are learning valuable lessons about officiating and media at the championship level (I can't believe we spent 3 whole days critizing LeBron for making a great pass to an open teammate!). In the 1992 semi-finals, the Cavaliers hammered Larry Bird on the final shot in the GARDEN and there was no call. We won and Bird didn't cry. That's the playoffs. LeBron is the new face of the NBA. He'll get his eventually and we'll all be the benefactors.

Larry Hughes? Pavlovic is a better 2 guard and Gibson is a better point guard. Where does that leave him? He can't shoot, he won't penetrate and he can't pass. Otherwise he's...expensive. I love how Gibson came up with two steals on Billups just as the announcers were calling him a weak defender. If we can't get a decent veteran, just hand Gibson the reigns. He's smarter and better than Hughes at just about everything and could become the new Mark Price.

Would Sacramento take Hughes for Bibby? I wish.

The only consolation is that the Pistons look like toast. Webber couldn't beat Bill Russell off the dribble anymore. Even if they win, they'll get drilled by the Spurs. With the right off-season moves and internal growth (keep watching Shannon Brown) things will only get better from here. Down 2-0, this is still a blast!
Steve D

Aurora, OH

#5 May 25, 2007
Well, yesterday I posted the following statement:

"Tomorrows headlines:
Cavs down 0-2
Lebron scores only 14pts."

Today, the Cavs sit at 0-2, LeBron only had 19 points, AND, he missed a crucial shot at 7.9 seconds at the very end of the game! Now, the elite players in the NBA will MAKE a shot like that, LeBron obviously is NOT a part of that elite class.

LOL....and you puppets in here had the nerve to come in here and call ME an idiot and start making claims that "I" don't know what I'm talking about.....who is laughing now? WHO around here does not know what they are talking about? It looks like I had this game pegged, I may have been off a bit on the points, but I had this one pegged. The rest of you puppets are the ones who don't know what you are talking about. You were all saying it would be 1-1 and that LeBron would have had 30+ points.

Hey Josh, I have a great BBQ sauce recipe for that crow that you are about to choke on. It might make it taste a bit better. I also have some salt to rub into those wounds of yours too.

You folks should listen to the one who owns you because it is obvious you all have no clue what you are talking about.

Well, I can hardly wait for the feedback, but it will have to wait another day or so because MY job is DONE here for the day! ENJOY!

I suppose I can give them one game when they return home, but don't count on much more.

Since: May 07

Indianapolis, IN

#6 May 25, 2007
Bad non-call maybe, but complaining that we lost because of the officiating is a lousy excuse for the fact that we could be 2-0 or 1-1, but instead we're 0-2. Late-game breakdowns in offensive execution (that walk was TERRIBLE!) and giving up leads are why we're 0-2. The Cavs have to start putting themselves in a position where they don't have to rely on good luck late in the fourth quarter to win games. Until they do, the team with more playoff experience is likely to keep winning series.
East Side Joe

Chevy Chase, MD

#7 May 25, 2007
Forget all the conversations about how to beat the Pistons. It boils down to two issues, 1) The Cavs can't shoot, and 2) LeBron's "I'll hold the ball for 20 seconds while you guys watch yhen go 1 on 5" doesn't work. Coach Brown has no answers despite what everyone knows.
East Side Joe

Chevy Chase, MD

#8 May 25, 2007
How old are you? You should be watching Barney instead of playing on the internet.
Steve D wrote:
Well, yesterday I posted the following statement:
"Tomorrows headlines:
Cavs down 0-2
Lebron scores only 14pts."
Today, the Cavs sit at 0-2, LeBron only had 19 points, AND, he missed a crucial shot at 7.9 seconds at the very end of the game! Now, the elite players in the NBA will MAKE a shot like that, LeBron obviously is NOT a part of that elite class.
LOL....and you puppets in here had the nerve to come in here and call ME an idiot and start making claims that "I" don't know what I'm talking about.....who is laughing now? WHO around here does not know what they are talking about? It looks like I had this game pegged, I may have been off a bit on the points, but I had this one pegged. The rest of you puppets are the ones who don't know what you are talking about. You were all saying it would be 1-1 and that LeBron would have had 30+ points.
Hey Josh, I have a great BBQ sauce recipe for that crow that you are about to choke on. It might make it taste a bit better. I also have some salt to rub into those wounds of yours too.
You folks should listen to the one who owns you because it is obvious you all have no clue what you are talking about.
Well, I can hardly wait for the feedback, but it will have to wait another day or so because MY job is DONE here for the day! ENJOY!
I suppose I can give them one game when they return home, but don't count on much more.
Detriot Fan

Shippingport, PA

#9 May 25, 2007
Maybe, it was a bad call, no worse though then the non-call that saved LBJ from getting ejected in game 1. You can't blame a loss on a call...all you crybabies need to Man Up!
bikerman

Pensacola, FL

#10 May 25, 2007
It was a shame...they played their hearts out.

One thing is apparent, we need outside shooting to win this thing. That means more Gibson and Pavs. Next year, maybe we can just eat some of Hughes salary and trade him for anything. Gilbert has already showed his willingness to go into free agency and pick up a point guard. I think he would trade over the cap money for a championship.
Bill

North Richland Hills, TX

#11 May 25, 2007
Detriot Fan wrote:
Maybe, it was a bad call, no worse though then the non-call that saved LBJ from getting ejected in game 1. You can't blame a loss on a call...all you crybabies need to Man Up!
Can you spell "Detroit"? Says it all.
Don

United States

#12 May 25, 2007
This team is a point guard and head coach away from being a serious playoff team. The third quarter proved the Cavs need a head coach. Sasha and "Z" are to slow to play defense against Pistons and the coach did not make a ny adjustments till we had blown the lead. Gibson should be getting more time.
Four on Five

Barberton, OH

#13 May 25, 2007
Larry Hughes + Cavs = Suck
When Hughes is in the game we play with four
against five.
bring in the comments

Chicago, IL

#14 May 25, 2007
Hughes came in late in the game and turned the ball over 2 straight times to put the Cavs down 5 or 6. Makes me sick. Gibson was doing so well stripping the ball and making people guard him at the 3-point line. Why does coach Brown think larry is so good, what does he bring that can't Gibson can't?
Huh

Akron, OH

#15 May 25, 2007
The Cavs are LOSERS! And so is King LeBron. If you blame a refs on you loss, then you ARE the biggest LOSER ever. Ever since little league, all the coaches will tell you, it's never an ump or a ref that loses the game for you. The Cavs had ALL GAME to WIN. Face It, Put the Blame on those multi million dollar players! You Suck Cavs!
Mark

Clinton, OH

#16 May 25, 2007
Steve D - Are you even a Cavs fan? I understand riding Lebron for missing shots or bad decisions - I do it too. But you sound like you are happy about it. If you aren't a Cavs fan, I understand. If you are indeed a Cavs fan, why are you taking so much joy in this?

Detroit Fan - you probably just started rooting for the Pistons a few years ago when they started their run. Right?
Paul Keels vocal chords

United States

#17 May 25, 2007
You CANNOT have a 26 point second half and expect to beat an experienced Detroit basketball team. To quote Jim Mora "We gave 'em the freakin' game!" We played well enough to be up 2-0 in this series and unfortunately, we have nothing to show for it. They have to continue to play hard, smart, and with emotion if they want to climb back in this thing. I'm still pretty confident that we can win this thing, but those are two crushing losses. Hopefully, we can get some better contributions from our starters (Drew, are you out there? Do you have a pulse?) at home.
Jim F - Boston

AOL

#18 May 25, 2007
Brian --
It seems that the Cavs come out flat for the second half/third quarter a lot. That's my perception, anyway. Is it the coaches or players? Do other teams do a better job of adjusting?
Your opinion, please?
ramon

Canton, OH

#19 May 25, 2007
Call me to tune in when The Cavs play basketball in the 3rd quarter.

Since: Mar 07

Akron, OH

#20 May 25, 2007
Whether or not y'all agree with the calls, y'all have to note that when the two teams where playin' and not foulin' each other, the Pistons looked to be the better team. Mebbe it was a blessin' that the Cavs could keep up with them.

Either way, I root them on til they either win it all, or lose. They've done well this season.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sasha Pavlovic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boston Celtics: Three Serious Free Agents for D... (Jun '11) Jun '11 shaq 1
News Shaq's value to Cavs can't be measured until Ju... (Feb '10) Jun '10 johnny 29
News Wolves go out with a tie: 15 wins (Apr '10) Apr '10 jeb 20
News Kurt Rambis still pushing slumping Timberwolves... (Mar '10) Mar '10 DD Austin 4
News Cavaliers, Suns agree to deal that sends Shaq t... (Jun '09) Nov '09 Bewitched 70
News Minnesota Timberwolves sign Sasha Pavlovic (Sep '09) Sep '09 Mike 2
News A jester for the King (Jul '09) Jul '09 DAN 6
More from around the web