Ohio.com - Cavs show they plan title ...

Ohio.com - Cavs show they plan title defense

There are 16 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Nov 27, 2007, titled Ohio.com - Cavs show they plan title defense. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

CLEVELAND: Before the game, Doc Rivers shrugged off the notion that Tuesday evening's tilt between the Cavaliers and Boston Celtics was anything special.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

FootsieW

Fort Myers, FL

#1 Nov 28, 2007
If Andy watched that game and can still say he doesn't know if he wants to play in Cleveland anymore, I say, "don't let the door hit ya..."
OMG

Cleveland, OH

#2 Nov 28, 2007
If only AV had been there, the Cavs would not have needed overtime. What will happen when they play in Boston? Probably a loss without AV.

Cheap a$$es Ferry and Gilbert act now to sign AV. You need him more then ever if you want to reach the finals.
bikerman

Pensacola, FL

#3 Nov 28, 2007
One can only marvel at LeBron. As a kid, I use to watch NBA basketball only to view the dominance of Wilt Chamberlan. Lebron is the only one to be in that class since. Michael was a great player, but he had a supporting cast.
larry d

Naples, FL

#4 Nov 28, 2007
It's no wonder guys like Varejao and Brady Quinn would rather speak to outside media.

I guess it's easier to spout the company line, but you'll always get scooped on the big interviews because no one really respects that.
Legal Guy

Cleveland, OH

#5 Nov 28, 2007
OMG wrote:
If only AV had been there, the Cavs would not have needed overtime. What will happen when they play in Boston? Probably a loss without AV.
Cheap a$$es Ferry and Gilbert act now to sign AV. You need him more then ever if you want to reach the finals.
Yawn. Has Ferry received your check to make up the difference since you've such a hard-on for AV playing? Huh, OldManCheapAss?
Russ

Rockville, MD

#6 Nov 28, 2007
Is larryd saying McManamon is spouting the company line and missing big interviews by Varejao and Quinn -- both bench players? I'm watching with disgust Cleveland "fans" ripping the team ownerships and management for not overpaying a bench player who averages 6 points a game and wants more money than Gooden; not playing an unproven rookie quarterback when the starting QB is setting records; and for trading a sulky, disgruntled infielder who ends up playing decently for the Reds. Give me a break. The Cavs played in the NBA Championship and are working back into team shape, the Tribe played in the AL Championship, and the Browns are challenging for not just a playoff spot but division title. Even if the teams go undefeated, morons like you will rip the management because they allowd the other teams to score. Give it a rest and just enjoy something that's never happened to Cleveland fans, the teams are winning and great fun to watch.
John

Boston, MA

#7 Nov 28, 2007
So really after watching Gooden last night, do you think Ferry should offer more money to AV than Gooden got?

AV has been offered Gooden money which is pretty generous, plus the 'market value' just plain does not agree with his unreasonable demands, which is why he is sitting in Brazil losing so much $$ every game that the Cavs play.

He listened to his silly stupid agent Fagen who thought he could get him a contract like Nene did with Denver (60 mil for 6 years), sorry AV nobody in the NBA thinks you are worth close to that.

Moronic OMG thinks the Cavs should outbid themselves, what a businessman he would make.
Not Surprised

Shippingport, PA

#8 Nov 28, 2007
Russ wrote:
Is larryd saying McManamon is spouting the company line and missing big interviews by Varejao and Quinn -- both bench players? I'm watching with disgust Cleveland "fans" ripping the team ownerships and management for not overpaying a bench player who averages 6 points a game and wants more money than Gooden; not playing an unproven rookie quarterback when the starting QB is setting records; and for trading a sulky, disgruntled infielder who ends up playing decently for the Reds. Give me a break. The Cavs played in the NBA Championship and are working back into team shape, the Tribe played in the AL Championship, and the Browns are challenging for not just a playoff spot but division title. Even if the teams go undefeated, morons like you will rip the management because they allowd the other teams to score. Give it a rest and just enjoy something that's never happened to Cleveland fans, the teams are winning and great fun to watch.
Bravo Russ. Bravo.
It amazes me also to see people who have accomplished nothing rip those who have worked very hard to get into a position of responsibilty. I wish that someone was at their jobs ripping them every day over the stupid stuff they do. Everyone would be a little more humble I think. Except Grump. He's just plain stupid.
larry d

Naples, FL

#9 Nov 28, 2007
It always strikes me as odd when someone starts blathering about being a better "fan" than others--what kind of adult would care about something like that?
Josh

Saint Clairsville, OH

#10 Nov 28, 2007
The same kind who type 3-4 messages a day on a message board? Pot, meet kettle?
Cavalier Traveler

Akron, OH

#11 Nov 28, 2007
Gee, the "cheap A$$" Gilbert built a world-class practice facility and has upgraded the locker room to the level that none of the pampered millionaire spoiled athletes have any complaints. But OMG goes on and on about "cheap" and "must sign AV." Today's PLAIN DEALER has an excellent article on AV, and after reading it Herr Grump will be the only person left with his tireless and tiresome obsession about this player. The Cavs are doing the right thing and I'm happy to see them exercise restraint, sanity, and reason.
LambBone

Jersey City, NJ

#12 Nov 28, 2007
i don't see the Cavs needing AV. His minutes are going to Drew, Z, and Ira - who all are better offensively and the same or better on defense. As Simmons gets healthy he will take some minutes - and he appears to be a better shot blocker and rebounder. So we don't get the flops which the NBA isn't calling this year anyway. Simmons can also make the only shot AV can make - the stuff. Since no one will pay AV for a sign and trade, I think his career is over unless he eats some serious crow and signs for less.
OMG

Cleveland, OH

#13 Nov 28, 2007
Cavalier Traveler wrote:
Gee, the "cheap A$$" Gilbert built a world-class practice facility and has upgraded the locker room to the level that none of the pampered millionaire spoiled athletes have any complaints. But OMG goes on and on about "cheap" and "must sign AV." Today's PLAIN DEALER has an excellent article on AV, and after reading it Herr Grump will be the only person left with his tireless and tiresome obsession about this player. The Cavs are doing the right thing and I'm happy to see them exercise restraint, sanity, and reason.
Nope. When I see he turned down a 6 year $52 million contract, AV is just plain out of his mind. Too bad, so sad for him.
LeBraun James

Solon, OH

#14 Nov 28, 2007
Boston has 3 good players and a bunch of stiffs The Cavs have one good player and bunch of stiffs. Just goes to show you who the best player in the league is without question
LeBraun James

Solon, OH

#15 Nov 28, 2007
OMG wrote:
Just paying people got us the likes of Larry Hughes, Damon Jones, and Donyel Marshal. We can only dream of the players we may have gotten if it wasnt for those contracts
alan t

United States

#16 Nov 28, 2007
John wrote:
So really after watching Gooden last night, do you think Ferry should offer more money to AV than Gooden got?
AV has been offered Gooden money which is pretty generous, plus the 'market value' just plain does not agree with his unreasonable demands, which is why he is sitting in Brazil losing so much $$ every game that the Cavs play.
He listened to his silly stupid agent Fagen who thought he could get him a contract like Nene did with Denver (60 mil for 6 years), sorry AV nobody in the NBA thinks you are worth close to that.
Moronic OMG thinks the Cavs should outbid themselves, what a businessman he would make.
Oh, come on. Do you honestly believe Ferry offered Varejao more money than Gooden? What hogwash. Ferry's flacks will write anything they're told.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sasha Pavlovic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boston Celtics: Three Serious Free Agents for D... (Jun '11) Jun '11 shaq 1
News Shaq's value to Cavs can't be measured until Ju... (Feb '10) Jun '10 johnny 29
News Wolves go out with a tie: 15 wins (Apr '10) Apr '10 jeb 20
News Kurt Rambis still pushing slumping Timberwolves... (Mar '10) Mar '10 DD Austin 4
News Cavaliers, Suns agree to deal that sends Shaq t... (Jun '09) Nov '09 Bewitched 70
News Minnesota Timberwolves sign Sasha Pavlovic (Sep '09) Sep '09 Mike 2
News A jester for the King (Jul '09) Jul '09 DAN 6
More from around the web