Ohio.com - Cavs stumble without LeBron

Ohio.com - Cavs stumble without LeBron

There are 8 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Nov 30, 2007, titled Ohio.com - Cavs stumble without LeBron. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

TORONTO: The Cavaliers and Toronto Raptors found themselves in the same position Friday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

brother fox

Ashland, OH

#1 Nov 30, 2007
does coach brown have any offensive plays..even an
in bounds play??? are s.brown, dwayne jones so bad
they can't even get on the floor with lebron gone?
i think their defense is quite good, but the team
that scors the most points is the winner...we
looked extremely disorganized...that is inept
coaching in my book..they looked beaten at game
time...work out some plays for z, gooden, and boobie(who played very well) they could pick up
some os the slack when lebron is out..think offense just a little!!!!!
OMG

Canton, OH

#2 Dec 1, 2007
Z disappeared yesterday. Why didn't he step up on offense with LeBron out with his damaged finger?

This just continues to show how the Cavs are a ONE MAN TEAM. Not making any improvements in the offseason are showing now. Not signing a proven point guard or resigning dumb holdout AV are really showing at the quarter point in the season.

I hope LeBron's finger gets well soon, or all will be lost for the Cavs this season.
Heard it before

New Bern, NC

#3 Dec 1, 2007
Maybe all should be lost for the Cavs this season. It would then show them where they really need the work and how to work as a TEAM and not rely on one person to carry them. DUH!!! What if James broke a leg, dropped dead of a heart attack or any other numerous things that could happen? Until the Cavs are coached AS A TEAM and stop relying on a single person to carry them, they won't go too far. This should be a wake-up call.
GetReal

Medina, OH

#4 Dec 1, 2007
If LeBron had any sense he'd leave Cleveland as quick as he could. The Cavalier organization sat around during the whole off-season and came up with, get ready...... Larry Hughes!, as their point guard. Get Real.
East Side Joe

Chevy Chase, MD

#5 Dec 1, 2007
Cavs get brunt but fast guards on a regular basis. Noe the momentum shifts to AV's side as LeBronless Cavs live up to their critics claim that they are an average team, maybe less than average, without LeBron. Ferry is becoming numero uno on the Cleveland sports HOT SEAT, replacing Crennel and any other Brown you can think of.

CLEVELAND SPORTS HOT SEAT

1) Ferry, cursed Cleveland once, cursed Cleveland twice? He can see the super size LeBron billboard in Times Square his nightmires now. At least a GM spot in NY will be opening about the same time.

2) Gilbert, Do apocalyptic fears haunt his dreams? Gilbert, Stepien, Model, wow.

3) Dolan, so close to a championship, yet so far.
terje

Whitehall, MT

#6 Dec 1, 2007
this season is a sacrificial lamb. ferry had no intention of making big moves this year and for good reason. next year is loaded with free agent talent. with contracts becoming tradable and coming off the books next year the cavs will have big bucks to spend in a talent rich market. screw this year. it ain't happening. and screw omg because he is a drooling idiot.
alan t

United States

#7 Dec 1, 2007
terje wrote:
this season is a sacrificial lamb. ferry had no intention of making big moves this year and for good reason. next year is loaded with free agent talent. with contracts becoming tradable and coming off the books next year the cavs will have big bucks to spend in a talent rich market. screw this year. it ain't happening. and screw omg because he is a drooling idiot.
This is such a dumb comment, because it's so indicative of the mindset. Free agency started many years ago, beginning with the Cavaliers' acquisitions of James Edwards, Scott Wedman and the like. Cleveland has not been able to acquire a class free agent in 30 years. Why in the hell would a top-notch free agent want to live and play in Cleveland when he could choose to play in a nice city, let alone be LeBron James' caddy, and then watch him leave before the 2010-2011 season starts? Get a grip.

No, this season is all about the luxury tax and the online mortgage business taking a nosedive along with the rest of the real estate industry. That's where it begins, that's where it ends.

Talent-rich free agents next summer? Oh, come on. What, will Donyell's Marshall's twin brother be available for lease with option to rent to own? Seriously, are some of your people addicted to Jack Daniels?
brayden

Australia

#8 Jan 3, 2008
lebrons everything to us he plays 20 minu8tes and we win against the pacers wow what i would do trade larry hughes sasha pavolic and newble for a desent player and then we got that player lebron gibson to be awesome in 4 years gooden at his top peak and illgauskas getting rebounds with gooden and we still got our 3pt kings if we need them marshall and jones and i forgot bout snow i dont no what to do with him when we do this we will win 3 + championships in the next 10 years. and whos gonna be the kings of the nba in 5+ years james wade dwight yao maybe melo stars like garnett kobe mcgrady and more will be heading towards retirement sooo cleveland pick up some1 around 3-7 years or nba experince but what type of player be foward centre or guard i like centre coz our starting 5 will be gibson ______ james gooden _________ or maybe illgauskas we need either a centre or shooting guard unless gibson can take shooting guard which would be rare ohhh wat bout varejao no 1 nos wat will happen with him well i think we trade hughes varejao pavolic and newble for richardson or emaokifa
the people i think we could get for hughes varejao pavolic and newble would be richardson bibby butler maybe camby jr.smith even though we got james at sf maybe we can mover jr pf if we get him um heeps more wat i would do is let james get assist and hughes get 3s and that then wen he gets around 20-30 points a game people will say his still in form soo do that trade him and we would get a better deal then james and whoever it is cn kick ass and win the whole thing

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sasha Pavlovic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boston Celtics: Three Serious Free Agents for D... (Jun '11) Jun '11 shaq 1
News Shaq's value to Cavs can't be measured until Ju... (Feb '10) Jun '10 johnny 29
News Wolves go out with a tie: 15 wins (Apr '10) Apr '10 jeb 20
News Kurt Rambis still pushing slumping Timberwolves... (Mar '10) Mar '10 DD Austin 4
News Cavaliers, Suns agree to deal that sends Shaq t... (Jun '09) Nov '09 Bewitched 70
News Minnesota Timberwolves sign Sasha Pavlovic (Sep '09) Sep '09 Mike 2
News A jester for the King (Jul '09) Jul '09 DAN 6
More from around the web