LeBron sits as Cavs fall to Pistons

Full story: Akron Beacon Journal

CLEVELAND: This regular season was no joyride for the Cavaliers, from holdouts, the most injuries in years, and all sorts of unexpected twists from numerous travel problems to the largest trade in franchise ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Apr 18, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Er...Protector of Free Speech?”

Since: Mar 08

The AKR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

Not surprised the Cav's lost without LBJ.

"Modus Operandi" in preparations for the postseason.

Hopefully, a few days of rest will carry him into/through the playoffs.

Unfortuately, I think we need to appreciate what we are seeing on the court now in CLE. I don't think we will get to see Lebron for too much longer in our fair city.

LBJ, it has been great to watch you play in our/your hometown! I hope to eat some crow on this, but I think you might have to move to get "the ring".
jim

South New Berlin, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

that suck I hope he get back on it
Ohio

Norwalk, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

Bergermeister wrote:
Unfortuately, I think we need to appreciate what we are seeing on the court now in CLE. I don't think we will get to see Lebron for too much longer in our fair city.
LBJ, it has been great to watch you play in our/your hometown! I hope to eat some crow on this, but I think you might have to move to get "the ring".
You hit the nail on the head. I just got back from the Q and was very disappointed that LBJ sat on the side.Looked like the nose bleed section missed out on the big prizes too. I did get hit in the head with a LBJ doll and my husband caught it. I guess that was worth the $300 we spent!
East Side Joe

Chevy Chase, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

Hope Brown learned that his offense sucks. Hope owners learned that the team needs more talent and a point guard.
East Side Joe

Chevy Chase, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

Ohio wrote:
<quoted text>You hit the nail on the head. I just got back from the Q and was very disappointed that LBJ sat on the side.Looked like the nose bleed section missed out on the big prizes too. I did get hit in the head with a LBJ doll and my husband caught it. I guess that was worth the $300 we spent!
With that $300 you could have upgraded your cable to watch James play in Brooklyn or NY every night, in a few years.
concerned citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

Bergermeister wrote:
this is a 22 year old who in another era would be a senior in college. he has been pampered and coddled so much that his expectation of a ring right away now even makes people forgive and expect his selfish departure from his hometown. Not saying he is a bad kid - he isn't - but when a national magazine runs a picture of a 17 year old and calls him King....

a tryly great talent would be patient and work with his teammates to build a great team, not run with free agency to find a ready made team. we shall learn more of his character as time goes by. just like as soon as he got money, he moved to bath and then tore down a million dollar house to build a bigger one
Old Man Grump April 17

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

Looks like it will be one playoff series and out for the Cavs. Coach Brown has not been able to get the new players from the big trade to make their impact. The team is in disarray. Hopefully, Ferry will find someone else to do it in the offseason once they are out of the playoffs with their projected whipping by Washington.
Chad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

Old Man Grump April 17 wrote:
Looks like it will be one playoff series and out for the Cavs. Coach Brown has not been able to get the new players from the big trade to make their impact. The team is in disarray. Hopefully, Ferry will find someone else to do it in the offseason once they are out of the playoffs with their projected whipping by Washington.
Wanna make a wager on this first round series?
RoYourBoat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

Wally, last night, looked like he could "carry the mail" as a starter in the playoffs. Devin Brown is a great shot in the arm coming off the bench. Poor Damon Jones is probably rusty from lack of playing time.....but....he doesn't appear ready for prime time. Total playing time should probably be determined by how each is playing in a particular game. The Cavs' future in the playoffs doesn't look too promising.....but....there is always the audacity of hope!
RoYourBoat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

East Side Joe wrote:
Hope Brown learned that his offense sucks. Hope owners learned that the team needs more talent and a point guard.
The Cavs 1st and 2nd teams offenses beat Detroit last night. It was basically the 3rd string that loss to Detroit's 3rd string.
Optimist

Oxnard, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

I'm glad that Allred played yesterday.Hope that he be given more court time
Ohio

Norwalk, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

East Side Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
With that $300 you could have upgraded your cable to watch James play in Brooklyn or NY every night, in a few years.
LOL
Cavalier Traveler

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

Ohio wrote:
<quoted text>You hit the nail on the head. I just got back from the Q and was very disappointed that LBJ sat on the side.Looked like the nose bleed section missed out on the big prizes too. I did get hit in the head with a LBJ doll and my husband caught it. I guess that was worth the $300 we spent!
Nice to hear a feminine voice in what I suspect is an almost all-male arena. Be nice, boys, we have a lady among us! Sorry you missed out on the prizes.
This game was meaningless and it's hard to derive anything from it. Saturday the second season begins. Cavs will beat Washington again and then... I hope for the best and expect n exit in no more than 6.
Gedrik

Hudson, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

Ohio wrote:
I hope you realize that spending $300 at a basketball game is obsene and for being stupid and doing that, you deserve to see the star of the team sit. Serves you right.

“Serenity Now!”

Since: May 07

York Township, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

I know the game was meaningless, but it would have been nice to get this one considering it was against the Pistons. Oh well....

What I did not enjoy seeing was Rasheed Wallace making his rounds among the Cavs after the game, shaking hands and hugging them.....and the Cavs obliging him -- including LeBron James.

Also, I found it interesting how many key players played. Why was Ben Wallace in there at all? Same with Devin Brown and Boobie.
Emma

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

Perhaps James was saving his self for the game that really matters like the playoff game.
Ohio

Norwalk, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

Gedrik wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you realize that spending $300 at a basketball game is obsene and for being stupid and doing that, you deserve to see the star of the team sit. Serves you right.
Serves me right? I had a good time and i can afford it so whats your problem? Twenty of it went to the guy playing sax out front. He had no complaints. If spending money i earned ticks you off i suggest you get a life.

“Er...Protector of Free Speech?”

Since: Mar 08

The AKR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

Ohio wrote:
<quoted text>Serves me right? I had a good time and i can afford it so whats your problem? Twenty of it went to the guy playing sax out front. He had no complaints. If spending money i earned ticks you off i suggest you get a life.
You go girl! I wonder if Gedrik would give a twenty to the sax player?
Veezy

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

Here's how much I'm afraid of the Wizards....I'm not!!! Zilch, zero, natta, none. They won't beat us because Lebron and Co. ani't having it. Gilbert Arenas is talking his team into an early exit. I play sports adn nothing gets me more riled up than an overconfident bunch. They will be tight as a team trying to bcak up his and Stevenson's words. I like our position. I hope Wally just keeps getting more comfortable because he could be our x-factor in the series with all the attention Lebron and Z will be getting. Can't wait until Saturday's tip-off. Go Cavs!!!
o my

Macedonia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2008

I wish I would have know he wasn't playing! What a waste.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sasha Pavlovic Discussions

Search the Sasha Pavlovic Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Boston Celtics: Three Serious Free Agents for D... (Jun '11) Jun '11 shaq 1
Shaq's value to Cavs can't be measured until Ju... (Feb '10) Jun '10 johnny 29
Wolves go out with a tie: 15 wins (Apr '10) Apr '10 jeb 20
Kurt Rambis still pushing slumping Timberwolves... (Mar '10) Mar '10 DD Austin 4
Cavaliers, Suns agree to deal that sends Shaq t... (Jun '09) Nov '09 Bewitched 70
Minnesota Timberwolves sign Sasha Pavlovic (Sep '09) Sep '09 Mike 2
A jester for the King (Jul '09) Jul '09 DAN 6
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••