Ohio.com - Cavs handle Celtics' 'Big 3'

Ohio.com - Cavs handle Celtics' 'Big 3'

There are 31 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Nov 27, 2007, titled Ohio.com - Cavs handle Celtics' 'Big 3'. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

CLEVELAND: Without a great deal of publicity, the Cavaliers' top three players have been right with the heralded ''Big Three'' of the Boston Celtics this season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
FootsieW

Sanibel, FL

#1 Nov 28, 2007
Take That AV!
OMG

Canton, OH

#2 Nov 28, 2007
If only AV had been there, the Cavs would not have needed overtime. What will happen when they play in Boston? Probably a loss without AV.

Cheap a$$es Ferry and Gilbert act now to sign AV. You need him more then ever if you want to reach the finals.
East Side Joe

Chevy Chase, MD

#3 Nov 28, 2007
point guard
KEVIN AKRON

Cleveland, OH

#4 Nov 28, 2007
OMG wrote:
If only AV had been there, the Cavs would not have needed overtime. What will happen when they play in Boston? Probably a loss without AV.
Cheap a$$es Ferry and Gilbert act now to sign AV. You need him more then ever if you want to reach the finals.
THE CAVS PROVED LAST NIGHT THEY DONT NEED AV AND THEY ARE STILL THE TOP OF THE EASTERN CONFRENCE. GOOD WIN FOR THE CAVS. YOU ARE NEVER HAPPY OR YOU JUST POST THINGS TO GET UNDER PEOPLES SKIN. IF THAT IS IT YOU ARE ONE DISTURBED MF!
Not Surprised

Akron, OH

#5 Nov 28, 2007
OMG wrote:
AV doesn't want to be here no more (Plain Dealer article yesterday). So now what are you going to b*tch about?

Since: Nov 07

United States

#6 Nov 28, 2007
OMG wrote:
OMG - give it up AV is a support player - on a good team he is in the 7-9 range as far as rotation (he was generally 7 last year by the way). We have way to many bad contracts that prohibit us from acquiring the right pieces via free agency or trades. I believe Gilbert will sign the checks if the deals could produce a title, and if he doesn't I will eat my crow sandwich with extra mustard.
True Fan

Alexandria, VA

#7 Nov 28, 2007
OMG wrote:
Why would the Cavs want a player who would rather be in Brazil than playing with a team with one of the best records, James & make $32 mil? AV indeed controls his own destiny.
Dude

Cleveland, OH

#8 Nov 28, 2007
OMG wrote:
STFU MORON. Of course you're the only one supporting AV. And you have NO proof that having AV would've guaranteed a victory. Stupid ass.
bikerman

Pensacola, FL

#9 Nov 28, 2007
The fans know the story. Except for OMG, Ferry has support in his dealing with AV. One more bad contract cannot be allowed. In two years, we will be ripe to get star free agents. In the meantime, we do need a mid level player that can help in the rotations.

United States

#10 Nov 28, 2007
bikerman wrote:
The fans know the story. Except for OMG, Ferry has support in his dealing with AV. One more bad contract cannot be allowed. In two years, we will be ripe to get star free agents. In the meantime, we do need a mid level player that can help in the rotations.
Very well said and right on target!!!!
KEVIN AKRON

Cleveland, OH

#11 Nov 28, 2007
bikerman wrote:
FERRY SHOULD PUT SOME SORT OF SIGN AND TRADE TOGETHER TO GET A BENCH PLAYER. POINT GUARD OR BIG MAN. DREW AND Z HAVE BEEN PLAYING GOOD AND ALOT OF MINUTES BUT I DONT KNOW IF THEY CAN HANDLE A WHOLE SEASON LIKE THAT. DREW PROBALLY COULD BUT Z DOESNT NEED TO BE PLAYING THAT MUCH. WE DONT WANT HIM TO BE OUT OF GAS COME PLAYOFF TIME.
Maryland Fan

Washington, DC

#12 Nov 28, 2007
You realize, of course, that OMG simply wants attention and writes posts for no other purpose than to get it.

Just ignore him and he won't continue to be such a dominant (and useless) part of these discussions.

United States

#13 Nov 28, 2007
KEVIN AKRON wrote:
<quoted text>
FERRY SHOULD PUT SOME SORT OF SIGN AND TRADE TOGETHER TO GET A BENCH PLAYER. POINT GUARD OR BIG MAN. DREW AND Z HAVE BEEN PLAYING GOOD AND ALOT OF MINUTES BUT I DONT KNOW IF THEY CAN HANDLE A WHOLE SEASON LIKE THAT. DREW PROBALLY COULD BUT Z DOESNT NEED TO BE PLAYING THAT MUCH. WE DONT WANT HIM TO BE OUT OF GAS COME PLAYOFF TIME.
The problem is NO ONE wants to pay 10 million a year for AV - so sign and trade is a moot point. If there was a market for AV he would hav signed with another team for his asking price over the summer.
Dog

Hartville, OH

#14 Nov 28, 2007
Maryland Fan wrote:
You realize, of course, that OMG simply wants attention and writes posts for no other purpose than to get it.
Just ignore him and he won't continue to be such a dominant (and useless) part of these discussions.
Yep, useless = omg
Scott from Atlanta

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Nov 28, 2007
Maryland Fan wrote:
You know MF, you are exactly right. Retired, bored, I can see how his mind has become such a terrible waste. Rooting for Pittspuke validates this thought. Spewing his mindless diatribes on other articles online other than sports leads one to believe that his entire day is spent on blogging his worthless comments. His family if there is any must be proud.
KEVIN AKRON

Cleveland, OH

#16 Nov 28, 2007
Kbadm11 wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is NO ONE wants to pay 10 million a year for AV - so sign and trade is a moot point. If there was a market for AV he would hav signed with another team for his asking price over the summer.
under the nba rules for restricted free agents i dont know if another team could have offer that to him. only the cavs could give him the max deal at 10 mil a year. i think there is a limit of contracts and the cavs could match any offer. either way he is dumb for not taking 5 a year is more then fair. what else is he going to do to make 5 mil a year? if its 10 mil or nothing his agent is really killing his career.
KEVIN AKRON

Cleveland, OH

#17 Nov 28, 2007
Scott from Atlanta wrote:
<quoted text>You know MF, you are exactly right. Retired, bored, I can see how his mind has become such a terrible waste. Rooting for Pittspuke validates this thought. Spewing his mindless diatribes on other articles online other than sports leads one to believe that his entire day is spent on blogging his worthless comments. His family if there is any must be proud.
his family has probally dissowned him or ignores him. im sure he brightens everybody's day around the holidays. if somebody bought him a lexus he would call them a cheap a@@ for not getting it fully loaded.
kingkevin

Bow, WA

#18 Nov 28, 2007
yah!!
thats right!!

lebron is a monster now!!

no one can stop him now!

lebron 4 mvp
Josh

Uhrichsville, OH

#19 Nov 28, 2007
Boy, the haters sure disappeared quickly... I guess that'll happen when one gets sick of being wrong all the time? Sign n trade Andy for Andre Miller and now we're talking. Take Larry Hughes on a West coast trip and make sure the plane leaves without him.

Keep practicing falling down somewhere else, Sideshow. We dont need you, not at that price.

United States

#20 Nov 28, 2007
KEVIN AKRON wrote:
<quoted text>
under the nba rules for restricted free agents i dont know if another team could have offer that to him. only the cavs could give him the max deal at 10 mil a year. i think there is a limit of contracts and the cavs could match any offer. either way he is dumb for not taking 5 a year is more then fair. what else is he going to do to make 5 mil a year? if its 10 mil or nothing his agent is really killing his career.
OK - point taken - however - if no one wants to make AV an offer even close to what he wants why should the Cavs pay him double and further if they sign him at 10 mil a year, who wants him, no one wanted him a 5 mil a year so I suspect you'll have fewer takers at 10 mil a year. AV is a role player - period - this is not a guy you build your team around, he is a complimentary player that turned into a fan favorite thus his and his agents inflated sense of his worth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sasha Pavlovic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boston Celtics: Three Serious Free Agents for D... (Jun '11) Jun '11 shaq 1
News Shaq's value to Cavs can't be measured until Ju... (Feb '10) Jun '10 johnny 29
News Wolves go out with a tie: 15 wins (Apr '10) Apr '10 jeb 20
News Kurt Rambis still pushing slumping Timberwolves... (Mar '10) Mar '10 DD Austin 4
News Cavaliers, Suns agree to deal that sends Shaq t... (Jun '09) Nov '09 Bewitched 70
News Minnesota Timberwolves sign Sasha Pavlovic (Sep '09) Sep '09 Mike 2
News A jester for the King (Jul '09) Jul '09 DAN 6
More from around the web