Ohio.com - Concentrating on the posit...

Ohio.com - Concentrating on the positives

There are 18 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Nov 8, 2007, titled Ohio.com - Concentrating on the positives. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

SACRAMENTO, CALIF: In the moments after the Cavaliers suffered what had the look of a heartbreaking last-second loss Wednesday night, conventional thinking would dictate that they would be down about the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

East Side Joe

Chevy Chase, MD

#1 Nov 9, 2007
Marshall and Hughes are just warm bodies. The team is better without them both. Both will be out of basketball in three years or less.
bikerman

Crestview, FL

#2 Nov 9, 2007
I agree with LeBron.. the team is making strides. They were terrific to watch vs. Utah. Lebron is the catalyst to find open mates. An average point guard is not the answer. Only Lebron can force teams to converge, and then find the open man. With Damon, Gibson, and Sasha on the foor, we will score points. Hughes really hurts the team.

Webber would be a great acquisition. He passes, rebounds, and scores. You can't even compare him to AV or Marshall. One thing that was apparent offensively, is that Gooden never passes and dribbles far too much. As a catch and shoot man, he is good. He has to understand his strengths.
T Dash

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Nov 9, 2007
great post joe and bikerman. looks like you do watch the team. i always felt we wouldn't be as bad as everyone is trying to say. plus without d-marshall and larry bruise this team excells on offense. the cavs are actually playing some pretty good basketball and LB's defense has been great.
eddie

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Nov 9, 2007
what do we all have to do to get ferry to add some pieces to this puzzle. we are so short staffed it is insane! I mean, ferry has to know this, right!!! we are playing 7 guys and to be honest, hughes, marshall and snow are pretty much garbage anyway. The sad truth is we seem to be play better without hughes in the game! My biggest concern is the physical tole only playing 7 guys will have on this team. ferry has to do something now, right? please tell me you heard he is doing something!!
bikerman

Crestview, FL

#5 Nov 9, 2007
In USA, today's release, Webber said he is open to offers from Cleveland. Previously, he only had an interest in Detroit.
xyz 223

Lemont, IL

#6 Nov 9, 2007
c web sholud go to the bulls of suns
rty 320

Lemont, IL

#7 Nov 9, 2007
bull should do after c web cave sux
bry123

Lemont, IL

#8 Nov 9, 2007
Lebron JAMES SUX
BigFan

Paso Robles, CA

#9 Nov 9, 2007
Is theere any gas left in C-Webb's tank?
OMG

Canton, OH

#10 Nov 9, 2007
If the playoffs were today, the Cavs would be missing them. They are that bad in the East with 40% wins only.

Sign the Wild Thing for his $5.3 mill exception and move up.

LeBron is playing himself too much into being tired and possible injury.

Cheap A$$es Gilbert and Ferry - get him some help ASAP !!!
cavsfan46

AOL

#11 Nov 9, 2007
the cavs will not get any better unless they put better players around king JAMES
MJ Adzema

Broadview Heights, OH

#12 Nov 9, 2007
With the opportunity to potentially pick up a draft pick we would be better suited to set up a contract with webber and deal off varejao and brown for a first round or a pair of second round picks in coming years. It might also be wise to try and deal oft-injured Larry Hughes for some much needed guard support. Inquiring the Minnesota Timberwolves about Rashad McCants may not be a bad idea. Or Hughes and Verajao to the New Orleans Hornets for Rasual Butler, David West, and Morris Peterson could spark an interest in both teams, compensation allotted.
play ball

Douglasville, GA

#13 Nov 9, 2007
After watching several games over the first weeks of the new season I have to ask why does it seem that other teams rookies get a chance to play but not the cavs. They are not polished and not all are lottery picks but they are getting a chance to play and I am sure it will pay off later in the season.
dre day

Cincinnati, OH

#14 Nov 9, 2007
cleveland has one hell of a team that plays together except when hate a#@#s hughes and gooden is on the floor.deal hughes,gooden and mike brown.
Dominic

Troy, MI

#15 Nov 9, 2007
CAVS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!1
alan t

Chillicothe, OH

#16 Nov 9, 2007
bikerman wrote:
In USA, today's release, Webber said he is open to offers from Cleveland. Previously, he only had an interest in Detroit.
Oh, come on, bikerman. OF COURSE his agent is going to disseminate that line of bull. There's a zero percent chance Webber is coming to Cleveland, but it still makes Dumars beef up the real offer a few hundred thousand bucks.
James

Traverse City, MI

#17 Nov 10, 2007
Cavs suck
Yolanda

Akron, OH

#18 Nov 12, 2007
Way to go Cavs!! Prove all the doubtors wrong and make it to the playoffs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sasha Pavlovic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boston Celtics: Three Serious Free Agents for D... (Jun '11) Jun '11 shaq 1
News Shaq's value to Cavs can't be measured until Ju... (Feb '10) Jun '10 johnny 29
News Wolves go out with a tie: 15 wins (Apr '10) Apr '10 jeb 20
News Kurt Rambis still pushing slumping Timberwolves... (Mar '10) Mar '10 DD Austin 4
News Cavaliers, Suns agree to deal that sends Shaq t... (Jun '09) Nov '09 Bewitched 70
News Minnesota Timberwolves sign Sasha Pavlovic (Sep '09) Sep '09 Mike 2
News A jester for the King (Jul '09) Jul '09 DAN 6
More from around the web