Cavaliers, Suns agree to deal that se...

Cavaliers, Suns agree to deal that sends Shaq to Cleveland

There are 70 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jun 25, 2009, titled Cavaliers, Suns agree to deal that sends Shaq to Cleveland. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Shaquille O'Neal is going to be a Cavalier. According to a number of team executives, the Cavs have agreed in principle to a trade with the Phoenix Suns to bring the four-time NBA champion and future Hall of Famer to Cleveland.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
TMD

Brownsburg, IN

#61 Jul 26, 2009
Bewitched wrote:
Good morning. Sorry I haven't kept in contact. I've been living at the hospital keeping a close eye on my mom. I'm her guardian, she has Alzheimers, she's 94, she fell and broke her hip! What a week this has been.
FH, I thought it was you when Santa Barbara was mentioned. Last time we chatted, a hillside fire was close to your area. TMD was right, get the topix account,(it's self explanatory) whereby nobody can just duplicate your name.
Yeah, we can talk football too. It would be great! An open forum so to speak. Luv it.
Sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she heals quickly. My grandmother is 92 and still blessed with excellent health, mind and body. I know I take it for granted because she's been so healthy for so long. Your post made me stop and think about how lucky my grandmother, and I, are.

A new open forum. Whoo Hoo! Maybe we can keep this one going as long as the old one!

Sam, you should pop in to some of the college football forums, especially the Big 10 and tOSU forums. The talk is getting very lively.

FH, I'm not sure which college team is yours. Have you ever told us?

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

#62 Jul 26, 2009
TMD wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she heals quickly. My grandmother is 92 and still blessed with excellent health, mind and body. I know I take it for granted because she's been so healthy for so long. Your post made me stop and think about how lucky my grandmother, and I, are.
A new open forum. Whoo Hoo! Maybe we can keep this one going as long as the old one!
Sam, you should pop in to some of the college football forums, especially the Big 10 and tOSU forums. The talk is getting very lively.
FH, I'm not sure which college team is yours. Have you ever told us?
Exciting time of year coming up, hey? I don't know if I'm more excited about the first tip off, or having my boy Tom Brady make his comeback. I know you all don't like him, but think about how us Pats fans feel after his absence last year. Can't find a Cavs schedule yet, to see when they play Pacers.. lol... Have you seen tOSU schedule to see when the Michigan game is? Usually last game of the season, should be at Michigan this year, I think. Question.......I'm updating my NBA moves that have been made......did Pacers sign J Jack (or Toronto) and did AJ sign??? There's some players hanging in limbo out there. Not enough hours in the day for me right now. Talk to you and True One by end of week.
TMD

Brownsburg, IN

#63 Jul 27, 2009
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
Exciting time of year coming up, hey? I don't know if I'm more excited about the first tip off, or having my boy Tom Brady make his comeback. I know you all don't like him, but think about how us Pats fans feel after his absence last year.
Yeah, I understand. Just don't get your hopes up too high. Aside from the devastating injury Brady suffered, he has now been off for almost a year. He has a lot of physical and psychological issues to work through. Remember how long it took Carson Palmer and Dante Culpepper to recover from the same type injuries.

Can't find a Cavs schedule yet, to see when they play Pacers.. lol...
I don't think the NBA schedule has been published yet.

Have you seen tOSU schedule to see when the Michigan game is? Usually last game of the season, should be at Michigan this year, I think.
The 3 dates to watch for tOSU:

Sept 12 - USC
Nov. 07 -@ Penn St
Nov. 21 -@ Michigan

Question.......I'm updating my NBA moves that have been made......did Pacers sign J Jack (or Toronto) and did AJ sign??? There's some players hanging in limbo out there. Not enough hours in the day for me right now. Talk to you and True One by end of week.
Jarrett Jack signed with Toronto for 4 years/20 mil. Watson and Price have not signed yet, however, the Pacers did sign Josh McRoberts.
TMD

Brownsburg, IN

#64 Jul 29, 2009
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
Question.......I'm updating my NBA moves that have been made......did Pacers sign J Jack (or Toronto) and did AJ sign??? There's some players hanging in limbo out there. Not enough hours in the day for me right now. Talk to you and True One by end of week.
I forgot to mention that you can find all the trades and coaching changes here:

http://www.nba.com/transactions/current_month...

and here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2009%E2%...

Akron, Ohio

#66 Jul 31, 2009
W'sup tonight? I caught a break, mom's out of the ICU now. I can finally take a breather.
Yeah, I use wikipedia alot, but didn't know they were up to date with sports signings! Whenever I go to nba.com , my safari goes down, so mostly I check out sports illustrated.com .
Your boy Hansbrough hurt himself already....shin injury....out 6-8 weeks. Will be OK for the start up of the season.
I got one for you to add to your 'must see' list: Nov 15 Pats vs Colts 8:20 pm game. November's shaping up pretty good I would say.
SI says to expect Brady to get alot of preseason minutes in. So that's a good sign. I know it was a serious injury, plus he had back 2 back infections.
Glenn

Jacksonville, FL

#67 Nov 9, 2009
I believe by shaq going to cleveland he could help because they really needed a post player. Also he would be a great threat in the post and will most likely take them to the finals. If Shaq can give the Cavs 20 good minutes a game during the regular season then 5 or 10 minutes more during the playoffs the Cavs will get over hump. Although, Shaq is not young in NBA years and can only play very limited minutes. If shaq could but put up a double double for the rest of the season the cavs will be know as the the incredibles. Lebron and shaq could dominate the leauge together. Because they are know to be the top best players in the league that could change the game around so the will allow them to win. Also Shaq doesn't run or keep up with fast breaks, and he's a detriment at crunch time because of his atrocious free throw shooting.

Akron, Ohio

#68 Nov 10, 2009
Glenn wrote:
I believe by shaq going to cleveland he could help because they really needed a post player. Also he would be a great threat in the post and will most likely take them to the finals. If Shaq can give the Cavs 20 good minutes a game during the regular season then 5 or 10 minutes more during the playoffs the Cavs will get over hump. Although, Shaq is not young in NBA years and can only play very limited minutes. If shaq could but put up a double double for the rest of the season the cavs will be know as the the incredibles. Lebron and shaq could dominate the leauge together. Because they are know to be the top best players in the league that could change the game around so the will allow them to win. Also Shaq doesn't run or keep up with fast breaks, and he's a detriment at crunch time because of his atrocious free throw shooting.
Yeah Glenn, our bigs are slower, but there's so much passing going on in the transition and set up, meaning everything gets slowed down there to. Coach is still trying to figure out the best combos on the court and their minutes. Don't forget that we're waiting for Powe to be in the line-up, get everybody on the same page and go from there. It's a process, the W/L record may not look pretty all the time, but I think Cavs will get rolling after the adjustments. ps:Shaq is working on the free throws, he needs to.
Tiffany

Manhasset, NY

#69 Nov 11, 2009
Bigs are kinda always slow,not Dwight Howard though,but yeah,especailly Shaq,wit him being fat,its hard to move around,and run.
Glenn

Jacksonville, FL

#70 Nov 12, 2009
Every year Shaq gets a little slower and a little less resilient. He can relieve some of the double and triple teams that LBJ has to fight thru but how much value does he add to the team when he's on the floor and LBJ is not? Shaq doesn't run or keep up with fast breaks and he's a detriment at crunch time because of his atrocious free throw shooting. There's also, the other factor of desire. He's already won 4 NBA championships with and without Kobe. All the rest of this is just fun-and-games. He would have been a great addition to the Cavs the year he went to the Heat. He still wanted to prove to Kobe and the NBA that he was the reason LA won those championships not Kobe. Now he just bounces from one team to the next out of boredom.I would like to see LBJ get a championship. I believe he deserves it. I would also like to see the cavs get a championship.

Akron, Ohio

#71 Nov 12, 2009
Glenn wrote:
Every year Shaq gets a little slower and a little less resilient. He can relieve some of the double and triple teams that LBJ has to fight thru but how much value does he add to the team when he's on the floor and LBJ is not? Shaq doesn't run or keep up with fast breaks and he's a detriment at crunch time because of his atrocious free throw shooting. There's also, the other factor of desire. He's already won 4 NBA championships with and without Kobe. All the rest of this is just fun-and-games. He would have been a great addition to the Cavs the year he went to the Heat. He still wanted to prove to Kobe and the NBA that he was the reason LA won those championships not Kobe. Now he just bounces from one team to the next out of boredom.I would like to see LBJ get a championship. I believe he deserves it. I would also like to see the cavs get a championship.
I rather enjoyed how he got Howard in foul trouble EARLY last night.
He still has the incentive of getting to five rings first.
They've only played 8 games, Powe isn't on the floor yet, West is coming back eventually. Why can't you just wait to see how Coach is going to play Shaq for the long haul?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sasha Pavlovic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boston Celtics: Three Serious Free Agents for D... (Jun '11) Jun '11 shaq 1
News Shaq's value to Cavs can't be measured until Ju... (Feb '10) Jun '10 johnny 29
News Wolves go out with a tie: 15 wins (Apr '10) Apr '10 jeb 20
News Kurt Rambis still pushing slumping Timberwolves... (Mar '10) Mar '10 DD Austin 4
News Minnesota Timberwolves sign Sasha Pavlovic (Sep '09) Sep '09 Mike 2
News A jester for the King (Jul '09) Jul '09 DAN 6
News Shaq will join LeBron in Cleveland (Jun '09) Jun '09 Jonathan D Williams 1
More from around the web