No Rematch After Matchless Night

No Rematch After Matchless Night

There are 2 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Mar 13, 2009, titled No Rematch After Matchless Night. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Alex Ruoff remembers plenty from that Jan. 6 game in Morgantown. He remembers West Virginia getting crushed on the boards and getting wacked in the paint.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Mike McManus

West Newton, MA

#1 Mar 13, 2009
Tell me Jeff, what does Coach Calhoun have against playing a zone defense? When your big guys are in foul trouble, when their guards are too quick for your defenders, and your players need to conserve energy after multiple overtimes, why not?? Did anyone keep track of how many times UCONN tried to drive into the Syracuse zone only to have the ball snatched away or tied-up? Either this team does not know how to beat a zone, or the coaches dictate what they do...and it doesn't work very well. They played hard, but there is no excuse for 27 turnovers, many that could have been avoided. I feel sorry for the UCONN team...I don't think the game plan was a good one.
DDog

Glastonbury, CT

#2 Mar 14, 2009
What is really sad is that Calhoun is a very good coach but he more often than not comes off as a classless lout. What is even sadder is that clearly from the polls that is exactly what the people of Connecticut (or at least those who care about sports) want. I suggest that maybe we should put a bonus in his contract for winning a Big East tournament game. He likes money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sam Young Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gilbert Arenas: How Arenas Would Fit in Memphis... (Mar '12) Mar '12 barry38372 1
News Grizzlies visit Thunder for decisive Game 7 (May '11) May '11 memphis fan 1
News Blair can't be in a foul mood for Pitt to win (Aug '09) Aug '09 NYRfan 2
News Who will the Detroit Piston take in the 2009 NB... (Jan '09) May '09 18andDONEwithoutC... 31
News NCAA Top Seeds Tar Heels, Louisville Play Tonight (Apr '09) Apr '09 kenan robeson 1
News A familiar ending for Pitt's season of firsts (Mar '09) Mar '09 frustrated in ATL 1
News High stakes for Huskies with Pitt in town (Feb '09) Mar '09 Timster 2
More from around the web