Losing skid hits 9

There are 14 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Losing skid hits 9. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Anyone who has paid the slightest attention to the Timberwolves this season knows the script by now.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

TheMaster

United States

#1 Dec 15, 2008
Foye 2 for 12 from the field with 4 turnovers. I'm sure Brandon Roy had a game like this, well maybe not. Why is McHale still around this team? He reeks of failure. It is comical the collection of players McHale has surrounded himself with. It is almost like he wants to lose. Big Al, who never knew he had to play D. K Love, a big lug with no offense who recently went 2 for 9 from the free throw line, yes the free throw line. Mike Miller a bench player everywhere but here. Corey Brewer a darker, skinnier version of Love. McCants who Cant. Telfair got his contract, see you in the last year of it.

WHY ARE YOU TORTURING US TAYLOR?
Baguak

Surprise, AZ

#2 Dec 15, 2008
Why are they reporting on this team still?
Mad Dog Gus

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Dec 15, 2008
I'm not sure if they will win even one more game this season........worst pro franchise in the country!
Mad Dog Gus

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Dec 15, 2008
Baguak wrote:
Why are they reporting on this team still?
Because nobody watches the games!
Danny Boy

Calgary, Canada

#5 Dec 15, 2008
Mad Dog Gus wrote:
<quoted text>
Because nobody watches the games!
Good one......
Numb

Hudson, WI

#6 Dec 15, 2008
I've become numb to their losing ways.
Sam

Mankato, MN

#7 Dec 15, 2008
The reason behind this team sucking so bad is simple: THEY TRADED MAYO FOR K-LOVE AND SOME WHITE BUMS! The Wolves won't be any good for years and if/when that happens they'll likely have moved because they no longer have (nor do they deserve) a fan base in Minnesota.
Dicky

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Dec 15, 2008
yawn

“Wher's dem turkey necks?”

Since: Dec 08

Palm Desert, CA

#9 Dec 15, 2008
A local paper here in the greater LA area described the Timberwolves as "mediocre". Boy was that writer giving this franchise more credit than they deserve. Maybe the guy has watched too many Clipper games. I can not remember a sports organization such as the Wolves who have made so many truly stupid player personnel decisions as the Wolves have done over the years. This team is in worse shape today then their formative years.
Drew

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Dec 15, 2008
Mayo dropped 28 last night to help Memphis to their 4th straight win... Good one McHale.

Palm Desert, CA

#11 Dec 15, 2008
Drew wrote:
Mayo dropped 28 last night to help Memphis to their 4th straight win... Good one McHale.
Amen!
Monterey Mike

Meridian, ID

#12 Dec 15, 2008
Over at the Red Star they are reporting that the T-pups haven't yet learn to play McFail's "style" of basketball. I don't know, looks like they've got "losing" just about all figured out! That's the only style McFail knows since he retired as a player. This guy has got to be the worst player evaluator and contract negotiator in professional sports history. Other than stumbling into picking Garnett, has he made one other selection or trade that has worked out? If he has, I sure missed it!

Fire McFail and start over from scratch.

Palm Desert, CA

#13 Dec 15, 2008
I wonder if the Gopher Men's Basketball have any games the same night as the Skunks to see which team would draw more people to watch. I'm betting Gopher Basketball would win hands down with what Tubby is building there. The hockey Wild are already kicking the Skunks butt attendance wise. Why anyone would waste their time and money going to see this team is beyond me particularly with McFail now as the coach.
Jesse Ventura

Stillwater, MN

#14 Dec 16, 2008
I'm a Timberwolves fan. I should coach the Timberwolves insted of McHale.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ryan Gomes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clippers 126, Timberwolves 111: Kevin Love's do... (Jan '11) Jan '11 DD Austin 6
News Timberwolves 113, Clippers 111: Michael Beasley... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Ya mannn 3
News Gordon, Bledsoe propel Clippers to first victory (Nov '10) Nov '10 LOVE 1
News BONSIGNORE: Blake Griffin finally gets chance t... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Clips4Life 1
News Clippers are a work in progress (Nov '10) Nov '10 RAISED IN PICO 1
News Clippers drop to 0-3, remain work in progress (Nov '10) Nov '10 wip150 1
News Martell Webster looking at his Timberwolves opp... (Jun '10) Jul '10 Portland Fan 16
More from around the web