Tom Powers: David Kahn keeps Minnesot...

Tom Powers: David Kahn keeps Minnesota Timberwolves roster a blur

There are 21 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 15, 2009, titled Tom Powers: David Kahn keeps Minnesota Timberwolves roster a blur. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

At a news conference introducing free-agent guard Ramon Sessions on Tuesday, Timberwolves president of basketball operations David Kahn announced he has yet another deal in the works for next week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Voice of Reason

Long Beach, MS

#1 Sep 15, 2009
He's already "Executive of the Year" in the NBA. Go Kahn!
Pov Khaab

United States

#2 Sep 15, 2009
I am more excited about the Timberwolves this year than I have ever been. Can't wait to see the new team in action, we are going to be excitingly quick up and down the court.
Sunni

Cold Spring, MN

#3 Sep 15, 2009
Aren't you witty! We are all impressed with your verbal gymnastics. I noticed you didn't manage to ask why all the turnover in players was happening. Possibly because you are aware it is happening to clear roster space and boost cap room. It's too hard to make that sound witty. Maybe we could actually wait until we have possibly 1 or 2 games played before we bash the new regime for how it practices business? Naaaa, that would be way too boring.
Tiffany

Bronx, NY

#4 Sep 15, 2009
I think Ramon will make a difference this year for the wolves.
odennorsson

Duluth, MN

#5 Sep 15, 2009
Sessions is such a nice compliment to Flynn. They both can move, dish and score. Sessions played some 2 last year including 44pts vs. Detroit. This may be one way to demonstrate to the Spainiard that there is room in the back court for two point gaurds. This could be a very fun duo. I'm not sure why New York didn't offer for Sessions rather than hope the Wolves give up Rubio for nothing.
Gomes has done nothing but perform his whole tenure with the Wolves. Why would Kahn put him on notice? He may be an over achiever. Thats preferable to unfulfilled potential. Brwewer seems an after-thought. He has yet to perform.
Tiffany

Bronx, NY

#6 Sep 15, 2009
I agree

“Great place to live”

Since: Jan 09

Grand Rapids, MN

#7 Sep 16, 2009
"new deadwood is better than old deadwood" sounds like Yogi was the author. But there is a larger issue here. Some of these and other deals are for "Cap Reasons". We need a cap, but can't a cap be negotiated which doesn't result in players being moved or sought simply because they have expiring contracts and other contract advantages. If you care about basketball, teams shuld be assembled where players compliment each other on the court rather than asembled in the board room based on their contract length and cap number.
MIKE

United States

#8 Sep 16, 2009
YA Kahn is da bomb
Duh

Denver, CO

#9 Sep 16, 2009
Emerson Boozer Guy wrote:
"new deadwood is better than old deadwood" sounds like Yogi was the author. But there is a larger issue here. Some of these and other deals are for "Cap Reasons". We need a cap, but can't a cap be negotiated which doesn't result in players being moved or sought simply because they have expiring contracts and other contract advantages. If you care about basketball, teams shuld be assembled where players compliment each other on the court rather than asembled in the board room based on their contract length and cap number.
Take away the guaranteed contract which is going to happen after this upcoming lockout and the NBA will be back to team basketball.
No Kahn Do

Duluth, MN

#10 Sep 16, 2009
The guy is an egotistical, power hungry putz. Listen to him talk for 5 minutes and you'll be doing your best to suppress the urge to pop him in the mouth. I miss McFail already.
mark t

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Sep 16, 2009
No Kahn Do wrote:
The guy is an egotistical, power hungry putz. Listen to him talk for 5 minutes and you'll be doing your best to suppress the urge to pop him in the mouth. I miss McFail already.
Yes he's arrogant and full of himslef but unlike your northwoods idiot (McHale) he's got a plan and he's executing it. Bottom line who cares if he's sob if he wins with these moves over the next couple of years. McHale was way over his head and this guy isn't. His moves so far have been prudent and professional.
Get a Grip

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Sep 16, 2009
I love what this guy is doing. He inherited a dumpster full of NBA garbage.

He has been steadily taking out the trash. In the NBA the only way to get rid of garbage is to take some back, however overall this place if far cleaner now than how he found it.

Now if only he could get a job with the Minnesota Wild and do the same thing.
George

United States

#13 Sep 16, 2009
NO KAHN DO is a fool.Kahn is doing a great job give him a chance.He picked a very good coach with a very nice coaching staff.He has picked up a few nice players to compliment big AL and K-Love.Also Ramone will be very good and Flynn showed in summer league what he can do.Also he picked up Hollins,slim but still a 7 footer.Also Daniels will be servicable.Would you rather he does nothing and stands pat or try to make this team better.You people probably liked 10 to 15 points a nite from randy and the gunslinger miller,because thats all we really lost.A new draft next year,Rubio or a trade in 2011,an lots of cap space.Keep up the good work Mr. Kahn!!!!!!
Mike

Saint Cloud, MN

#14 Sep 16, 2009
I like Kahn. If he had Bill Smith's job we'd have had relief pitchers a year ago instead of a month ago and a second baseman right now. This guy has a plan and he's got most of the NBA willing to deal with him. The players will also be afraid not to give one hundred percent or you could be gone. I think it'll be interesting to see who's on this team and where they're at two years from now.
Lynch Klink - Now

Rancho Cordova, CA

#15 Sep 16, 2009
Kahn is doing a fantastic job of fixing McFAIL's mistakes. Picking up Hollins & Sessions were huge. Both will contribute & compliment Big Al, Love, & Flynn. I hope Kahn picks up a high energy perimeter defender next week....that would pretty much solidify & complete this year's roster.
lyc70

Nanjing, China

#16 Sep 17, 2009
Your thoughts is particular, I feel to have a wish that Kahn can do better according your analysis.[img]http://www.snagp ic.com/users/img/4676/n09x0302 vnsn/clear.gif[/img]
Tiffany

Bronx, NY

#17 Sep 17, 2009
The wolves have too many gaurds,they need some F/C's
Shaun

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Sep 21, 2009
I want Ricky Rubio now!!!
Tiffany

Bronx, NY

#19 Sep 22, 2009
Hes not coming back until next season,i think
fracas

United States

#20 Sep 24, 2009
I think Kahn has done well, but I wish we could have resigned Carney. Versatile enough to play the 2 and 3 positions, a decent outside shot, and a willingness to work on defense.

The wolves have cleaned house. Blount is going to get bought out. The ONLY minutes this year are going to go to young guys, or to old guys who play with passion (Cardinal). There isn't going to be any old guys loafing, like we have seen so much of in past seasons. We are now in full player development mode.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ryan Gomes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clippers 126, Timberwolves 111: Kevin Love's do... (Jan '11) Jan '11 DD Austin 6
News Timberwolves 113, Clippers 111: Michael Beasley... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Ya mannn 3
News Gordon, Bledsoe propel Clippers to first victory (Nov '10) Nov '10 LOVE 1
News BONSIGNORE: Blake Griffin finally gets chance t... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Clips4Life 1
News Clippers are a work in progress (Nov '10) Nov '10 RAISED IN PICO 1
News Clippers drop to 0-3, remain work in progress (Nov '10) Nov '10 wip150 1
News Martell Webster looking at his Timberwolves opp... (Jun '10) Jul '10 Portland Fan 16
More from around the web