Al Jefferson misses Timberwolves' latest loss to deal with pers...

Full story: TwinCities.com

What else could go wrong for the Timberwolves this season? Try this: Leading scorer Al Jefferson was excused from Wednesday night's game against the Golden State Warriors at Target Center to deal with an undisclosed personal matter.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Sugaree

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2010

Judged:

trade him. he's a crap joke he is.
fun fun

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2010

Judged:

just another day in loserville....... wait wait, I can see it now: headlines read like this:'Minnesota's own Timberwolves are a Huge part of NBA record!!! New banner will be raised at the T to mark this effort!'....losers
fun fun

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2010

Judged:

Or, 'Lamest record by lamest team beating a lamest team in the lamest pro sport... losers
Are you kidding

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

Judged:

AGAIN Rambis says "the guys weren't mantally
there". THAT IS YOUR SOLE JOB KURT!!! Your
job is to prepare your team for each game. Get
the most out of whatever talent the front office
gives you. That's it! The bottom line is, by
your own words over and over (and over and over)
again, you are simply not able to do that. It
is time to find someone who can or fold up shop;
there is no door number three.
jfk

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

wow
fracas

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

This woefull team hit yet another milestone last night in losing to GS. How in the world could the wolves not use either their 5th or 6th pick on Curry??? The wolves play defense as though they are allergic to it.

Watch Stern f.o. the wolves in the draft lottery again this year. The wolves are always at least one spot below the obvious stars, which means the wolves will pick no higher than 3rd, taking them out of the Wall-Turner sweepstakes. Not that it would matter, as they would probably screw up the pick anyway by drafting Favors, or another power forward, to back up Jefferson, and his backup, Love.

Kahn, Kan Kurt while there is still time.
The Hard Truth

Bemidji, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

Judged:

Kurt: Well, Al, you ready to play tonight? I've got some screwed up rotations and utterly ill suited plays I want to try out against Golden State. They're all part of my wily assessment of team capabilities while I try to ram an ill suited offense down all of your throats.

Al: Well, coach, I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but this team's backward progress and your confused coaching kind of make me sick. It's just a personal issue.

Kurt: Okay, we'll scratch you for tonight. I can still mess with Kevin Love's head and let Jonny Flynn pound the ball into the court. Since Golden State doesn't play any more defense than we do, Jonny can probably put up 20 and folks will think he was great. That's my real job, me boy -- selling the folks on this year's draft while protecting our inevitable third place in the lottery draw. You just go home. You might want to spend some time checking draft boards. It's a good chance Mr. Kahn will draft a couple more power forwards to go with you and Kevin. Is this a great life, or what?
Emily MN

Emily, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

Judged:

Is there actually anyone out there that cares about this team? I don't know a soul, in the northern part of this state that EVER watches them. Please just go away...
Unknown

Shakopee, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

Judged:

Amazing how people think they know it all. Someone very close to Al had a very serious medical situation recently.
The Hard Truth

Bemidji, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

Judged:

Emily MN wrote:
Is there actually anyone out there that cares about this team? I don't know a soul, in the northern part of this state that EVER watches them. Please just go away...
I watch them, and I'm in Northern Minnesota. Of course, saying I watch the Timberwolves is the equivalent of saying I drink cheap screw-top rotgut wine wrapped in a brown paper bag -- it's something of which you're not proud, but that you're powerless to stop.

As to the fellow who berates us for making light of Al's situation: I hope most of us are sympathetic to real human issues and are just having a bit of fun at the expense of this stupid team. Al seems to be a genuinely good human being caught in a genuinely bad professional situation. Those who blame him for not being Kevin Garnett might want to hope that their wives don't blame them for not being Brad Pitt or even that first boyfriend that she wishes she would have married.

If Al has real personal familial issues, my heart goes out to him. As to the TWolves, they are a tragic cartoon of a franchise and we can only hope that David Kahn is as sharp as he is smooth.
Unknown

Shakopee, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

The Hard Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I watch them, and I'm in Northern Minnesota. Of course, saying I watch the Timberwolves is the equivalent of saying I drink cheap screw-top rotgut wine wrapped in a brown paper bag -- it's something of which you're not proud, but that you're powerless to stop.
As to the fellow who berates us for making light of Al's situation: I hope most of us are sympathetic to real human issues and are just having a bit of fun at the expense of this stupid team. Al seems to be a genuinely good human being caught in a genuinely bad professional situation. Those who blame him for not being Kevin Garnett might want to hope that their wives don't blame them for not being Brad Pitt or even that first boyfriend that she wishes she would have married.
If Al has real personal familial issues, my heart goes out to him. As to the TWolves, they are a tragic cartoon of a franchise and we can only hope that David Kahn is as sharp as he is smooth.
It is TRUE concerning Al. Just depends if Al and the team makes it public.
How bad is it

Center City, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

What a pathetic pack of losers. This current den of Wolves is by far the worst collection of slugs I have seen since the Generals came to town with the Globe Trotters, in fact I think the Generals play a better brand of D. I can't believe I'm saying this but I think the team actually has taken a giant step backwards this season and has done absolutely nothing to instill hope in the fan base that next season will be any better. Kahn....your an idiot, and you have me longing for the days of Laettner, Rider, and McHale...I never thought that possible, and I am ashamed that I just mentioned those three names together. Say what you will about McHale he made plenty of mistakes, but his teams at the very least had heart and played D. When is the last time we've seen a Wolves player put an opposing driving player on the ground with a hard foul and make them earn their 2 points at the line. When is this team going to get "Mad as Hell, and not willing to take it anymore"? Kahn do us all a favor and quit, your obviously in way over your head and your taking something I trully once loved and destroying it. Oh and if you do stay here's some free advice, why don't you ask your coaches what style of play the prefer so you can make sure you draft a player that matches that style of play. The person I feel most sorry for in all of this is the young Mr. Flynn, who is obviously a pick in roll player being forced to play a style that does not suit him. Way to go Kahn, way to waste two high draft picks last year on a player who does not suit the style of play the Wolves incorporate and another who will most likely never put on a wolves uniform.
Mark

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

Other than the Pioneer Press you'd never know the team was still in town. No one talks about them, wears apparel, etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ryan Gomes Discussions

Search the Ryan Gomes Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Clippers 126, Timberwolves 111: Kevin Love's do... (Jan '11) Jan '11 DD Austin 6
Timberwolves 113, Clippers 111: Michael Beasley... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Ya mannn 3
Gordon, Bledsoe propel Clippers to first victory (Nov '10) Nov '10 LOVE 1
BONSIGNORE: Blake Griffin finally gets chance t... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Clips4Life 1
Clippers are a work in progress (Nov '10) Nov '10 RAISED IN PICO 1
Clippers drop to 0-3, remain work in progress (Nov '10) Nov '10 wip150 1
Martell Webster looking at his Timberwolves opp... (Jun '10) Jul '10 Portland Fan 16
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••