Open letter from Minnesota Timberwolves' David Kahn: Two point ...

Full story: TwinCities.com

EDITOR'S NOTE: Minnesota Timberwolves president of basketball operations David Kahn has written an open letter to Wolves fans, explaining their draft-day decisions of Thursday night.
Comments
21 - 28 of 28 Comments Last updated Aug 16, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Hoopsguru

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2009

You always draft for best VALUE...especially while REBUILDING.

This was a GREAT draft by Kahn!
johnny

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2009

the nba is too physical for ricky rubio, in my opinion, he needs to get stronger or else they will just elbow him and push him around, u have to be physical in the nba.
minnesotafan111

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2009

kahn is a moron...all he had to do was get a decent center...thabeet, then draft flynn who looks better than rubio on all the youtube clips, ellington is a good shooter..why the fuck they drafted what's his face and traded him to denver i don't know...they need a center, and a small forward..shit you could even play flynn, ellington, kevin love at sf, al at pf, and thabeet at center. plus these guys have no depth..they wasted a few picks here and will always be one of the shitty teams in the nba because of their drafting and free agent pick ups..
minnesotafan111

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2009

They didn't use the draft to obtain the most value. If they were going to draft players that weren't going to play they should have drafted the best available and traded for quality nba players that can make an impact. 2 out of their 5 picks will see playing time this year and they had 4 first round picks. They're draft grade is nothing better than a C. This is a franchise who also drafted busts like what's his name from fl and nbui ebi or whatever his name was. traded a ray allen for starbury (joke). also shouldn't have traded kevin love. so the guy can rebound but doesn't score enough. dennis rodman was a good rebounder but didn't score very much
minnesotafan111

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2009

they never could bring in any star players to help out kg, that's why he wanted out and look what happened.
minnesotafan111

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2009

Don't make me point out they traded Roy for Foye
minnesotafan111

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2009

The Hoopsguru wrote:
You always draft for best VALUE...especially while REBUILDING.
This was a GREAT draft by Kahn!
No offense but do you know anything about the twovles draft history..they drafted garnett, who after that has been out of the first round? traded brandon roy, oj mayo, and ray allen, not to mention drafting that hs bust in 2003 and that other bust from fl who's always hurt.
Sha Sha

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2009

minnesotafan111 wrote:
kahn is a moron...all he had to do was get a decent center...thabeet, then draft flynn who looks better than rubio on all the youtube clips, ellington is a good shooter..why the **** they drafted what's his face and traded him to denver i don't know...they need a center, and a small forward..**** you could even play flynn, ellington, kevin love at sf, al at pf, and thabeet at center. plus these guys have no depth..they wasted a few picks here and will always be one of the **** teams in the nba because of their drafting and free agent pick ups..
Thabeet wasnt there when they drafted, and they would have had to trade Love and the #5 to trade up and get him. Thabeet sucks anyways. Kahn has a plan, which is better than anything that's happened with this team over the last 20 years.

BTW, I think you should post a few more times on this item... Just sayin.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ryan Gomes Discussions

Search the Ryan Gomes Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Clippers 126, Timberwolves 111: Kevin Love's do... (Jan '11) Jan '11 DD Austin 6
Timberwolves 113, Clippers 111: Michael Beasley... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Ya mannn 3
Gordon, Bledsoe propel Clippers to first victory (Nov '10) Nov '10 LOVE 1
BONSIGNORE: Blake Griffin finally gets chance t... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Clips4Life 1
Clippers are a work in progress (Nov '10) Nov '10 RAISED IN PICO 1
Clippers drop to 0-3, remain work in progress (Nov '10) Nov '10 wip150 1
Martell Webster looking at his Timberwolves opp... (Jun '10) Jul '10 Portland Fan 16
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••