Timberwolves players find fault in th...

Timberwolves players find fault in themselves

There are 9 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 8, 2008, titled Timberwolves players find fault in themselves. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

One by one the Timberwolves filed out of the locker room Monday afternoon, most of them looking weary, and understandably so.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

odennorsson

Duluth, MN

#1 Dec 8, 2008
Witman didn't get the most out of this team.If they have any potential at all it wasn't evident. He messed with line-ups and didn't seem to know what he wanted to do.
However, this is simply not a good basketball team. You can't put sugar on a terd. They either got no talent or got no heart and I'm inclined to believe they are void of both. You don't lose to the clips that badly at home if you have any kind of talent at all. This is not Witman's fault. The fault lies more on the management and now its on him (McHale) to make it work.
McCants seemed a solid pick when he was taken, hasn't done it. Foye, while not Roy (and that is McHale's fault) has the capability to be a solid point gaurd. Hasn't turned out that way.(Could'a had Chalmers and Mayo and that too is McHales fault.) Our best option at Point seems to be Ollie!
Its also too easy to blame McHale when the players simply haven't measured up.These players are finally realizing their potential and sadly their potential is not what we had hoped for. They are simply not that good.
Mad Dog Gus

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Dec 9, 2008
Regardless who's to blame, as a Minnesota sports fan, I refuse to waste my time watching or going to a Wolves game.

Wake me when they win three in a row.....that will be an indicator that they can be competitive.
jcdeucefour

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Dec 9, 2008
plan on sleeping for awhile Gus! LOL
DizzyOne

Duluth, GA

#4 Dec 9, 2008
Your only hope is they move the franchise to Charlotte. This is a bunch of losers from the owner on down. Let them go and lose somewhere else.
Bob

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Dec 9, 2008
Owner - does not seem very business savy or McHail would have been gone a long time ago, unless he likes loses and empty seats.
McHail - best GM ever, when you can keep your job that long and mess everything up you must be good. And now he still has the decision making power behind the scenes and he can mess the players up more as coach.
Sometimes I wonder if Glen Taylor and McHail have a closer personal relationship.....
REV BRIAN

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Dec 9, 2008
I liked Wittman. He had a good basketball mind and given more time, he would have been a good leader to turn things around.

Firing him was a desperation move on McHale's part. It didn't have to be done.

Neither did the firing of Flip or Casey. They were decent guys, doing the job.
grim reaper

Eureka, CA

#8 Dec 9, 2008
The Wolves are a total joke......They reward failure, by keeping together a nucleus of clowns who lost 60 games last year by rewarding them with more pay and longer contracts for accomplishing what?
Losing!?!?!?
This team is pathetic....McBraindead should have been gone years ago....the team he assembled should be dumped as none of them is worth anything!
Fire McHale

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Dec 9, 2008
Please fire McHale. He is terrible and responsible for a blatant cheating scandal that cost our team 3 first rounders. Pro sports is all about the draft and finding talent. McHale has no barometer for talent or how to build a team.
So Mr. Taylor please fire McHale and bring in anyone else. Let, better yet beg, Fred Hoiberg run the organization. And then sell the team cuz you suck too...idiot.
Trade Gaborik

Dubuque, IA

#10 Dec 9, 2008
Boy, Mayo would look like lebron or wade on this team. I sure am glad we traded him away to get another "Big" man. Mchale has to go, With the sudden change of heart to suddenly coach this team, I hope Taylor gave told him that this was the team he put together and he better go win with it or is the end of the road.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ryan Gomes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clippers 126, Timberwolves 111: Kevin Love's do... (Jan '11) Jan '11 DD Austin 6
News Timberwolves 113, Clippers 111: Michael Beasley... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Ya mannn 3
News Gordon, Bledsoe propel Clippers to first victory (Nov '10) Nov '10 LOVE 1
News BONSIGNORE: Blake Griffin finally gets chance t... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Clips4Life 1
News Clippers are a work in progress (Nov '10) Nov '10 RAISED IN PICO 1
News Clippers drop to 0-3, remain work in progress (Nov '10) Nov '10 wip150 1
News Martell Webster looking at his Timberwolves opp... (Jun '10) Jul '10 Portland Fan 16
More from around the web