Minnesota Timberwolves have a lot of ...

Minnesota Timberwolves have a lot of unfinished business

There are 6 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 15, 2009, titled Minnesota Timberwolves have a lot of unfinished business. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The Timberwolves ended their season on a losing note Wednesday night, but they still have plenty of unfinished business.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

The Hard Truth

Oxford, UK

#1 Apr 15, 2009
Mr. McHale should stop playing footsie and either get in or get out. I keep having the lurking fear that he's dragging this out until Flip signs with Washington so his once-friend, now enemy, doesn't get the job. If he waits until Flip signs with Washington, then announces he's stepping down, you can be pretty sure that it was a childish, churlish final gesture to stick his finger in the eye of someone with whom he is having a juvenile feud.
Mn Sports Fan in Tulsa

Sand Springs, OK

#2 Apr 16, 2009
I for one hope that Mr Taylor makes up his mind sooner than later. Hopefully it will be some new blood from out of the organization.
Dieter

United States

#3 Apr 16, 2009
Kick this clown to the curve...what a freaking joke he is.
Scott in Orlando

Orlando, FL

#4 Apr 16, 2009
Look, McHale is a legendary figure in Minnesota basketball. He probably could coach this team pretty well, but his heart is not in this. His reluctance is obvious and his bank account is full, so let him slip away - just not the the GM spot - where he is less effective (trying to put it nicely).
Scott in Orlando

Orlando, FL

#5 Apr 16, 2009
McHale's reluctance is probably born out of what he did to Saunders. He stab him in the back - and one day sooner or later someone will do the same to him - that's coaching. And he's not as good of a coach as Flip is, so you can count on his firing. He wants to save face, no doubt.
The Hard Truth wrote:
Mr. McHale should stop playing footsie and either get in or get out. I keep having the lurking fear that he's dragging this out until Flip signs with Washington so his once-friend, now enemy, doesn't get the job. If he waits until Flip signs with Washington, then announces he's stepping down, you can be pretty sure that it was a childish, churlish final gesture to stick his finger in the eye of someone with whom he is having a juvenile feud.
Mark

Eau Claire, WI

#6 Apr 16, 2009
My sense is that Kevin feels a sense of obligation to Taylor, the organization, and the fans to turn this thing around before hanging it up...he had it moving in that exact direction until Jefferson blew out his knee. I think he'll leave at the exact moment he's convinced that the momentum toward recovery is irreversible...that could even be in the middle of a season, as long as there's a new coach waiting in the wings. I hope he stays to finish this mission, but it would not surprise me if change comes sooner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ryan Gomes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clippers 126, Timberwolves 111: Kevin Love's do... (Jan '11) Jan '11 DD Austin 6
News Timberwolves 113, Clippers 111: Michael Beasley... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Ya mannn 3
News Gordon, Bledsoe propel Clippers to first victory (Nov '10) Nov '10 LOVE 1
News BONSIGNORE: Blake Griffin finally gets chance t... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Clips4Life 1
News Clippers are a work in progress (Nov '10) Nov '10 RAISED IN PICO 1
News Clippers drop to 0-3, remain work in progress (Nov '10) Nov '10 wip150 1
News Martell Webster looking at his Timberwolves opp... (Jun '10) Jul '10 Portland Fan 16
More from around the web