Timberwolves' latest loss points up shortage of leaders

Full story: TwinCities.com

Another deficiency with the Timberwolves might have surfaced Friday night, and there's not much coach Kurt Rambis can do or say about it.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Brad Sellers

Lake Elmo, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2009

We're going to be pretty bad with Al Jefferson not being 100% and Kevin Love being injured so we're going to lose, that's for sure, we just don't have the "right" talent to really be able to compete every night, it just seems Flynn is consistent to an extent, that being scoring, he is still playmaking though, but we're just not making the open shots. At this point Flynn is our best player, for his dynamic scoring ability, but I'm hoping to see a lot more of Ramon Sessions, I really think they should try have him guards 2s or smaller 3s while Brewer guards the 2. I just don't think Gomes is athletic and quick enough to be in our starting lineup, I know he can make shots, but I don't seem him lasting any longer than the All Star Break with us, especially with the fact that his contract can be terminated at the end of the season. Maybe back to to a team like Boston with Brian Cardinal and Mark Blount for Ray Allen. We could sure use a SG right now, even though I would love to see Sessions play the 2 it would be great to see somebody like Allen come in and help Jonny at least get some worthy assist numbers. No, I'm sure the Celtics don't want to get rid of Allen for free, but I'm sure Gomes fill fetch more salary cap room than prospects or draft picks.
jeb

Berkeley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2009

tough to win when you PG has only one assist and your team has 11 total.
clueless

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2009

is jefferson ever going to be the force he was before injury and weight loss ?
used to grab a bunch of boards.
where has that gone ?
odennorsson

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

I do have high hopes for Flynn, but has anybody else noticed a comparison in his passing game to Acie Earl?
Alot of nice Point Gaurds chosen in the 1st round, Many by the T-wolves. How is it we get 1 assist out of him? Lawson also chosen by the Wolves (nd traded like Roye), I believe is averaging over 5 assist per night. Rubio has not made one assist all year! Not alot of return for all that point gaurd frenzy!
I was happy when the Wolves picked Flynn. I still am. I don't see anybody cutting up defenses like he has the ability to do. Big Al's comparison of him to Chris Paul is'nt that far off in this ability. However, I see Lawson, Jenkins, Curry all out-performing him to this point.
If you have a passing game like Acie Earl, you aint a point gaurd>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ryan Gomes Discussions

Search the Ryan Gomes Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Clippers 126, Timberwolves 111: Kevin Love's do... (Jan '11) Jan '11 DD Austin 6
Timberwolves 113, Clippers 111: Michael Beasley... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Ya mannn 3
Gordon, Bledsoe propel Clippers to first victory (Nov '10) Nov '10 LOVE 1
BONSIGNORE: Blake Griffin finally gets chance t... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Clips4Life 1
Clippers are a work in progress (Nov '10) Nov '10 RAISED IN PICO 1
Clippers drop to 0-3, remain work in progress (Nov '10) Nov '10 wip150 1
Martell Webster looking at his Timberwolves opp... (Jun '10) Jul '10 Portland Fan 16
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••