Timberwolves half as bad this time in 23-point loss to Trail Bl...

Full story: TwinCities.com

Not even a return trip home could change the direction the Timberwolves appear to be heading.
Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Nov 12, 2009
Not Worried Yet

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2009

Players the Wolves should keep:

Jefferson
Love
Flynn
Sessions
Ellington
Jawai

Suprisingly Jawai is not half bad, but the rest shouldn't be on any NBA roster, with the possible exception of Ryan Gomes and Ryan Hollins, Gomes just doesn't fit on our team, we need bigger, quicker, and longer players at our 3, 4, and 5 spots badly. He's a tweener and we don't have bigger or quicker players to make up for his size and quickness inefficiencies. I just don't know where he's going to be traded to. With Hollins, he's just an athletic freak for his size and you can never teach that, his skill set and Basketball IQ would definitely say otherwise, but he's most likely going nowhere with this being the first season of a three year contract. As for Jawai, he just seems to get it, he knows how to play basketball, but I think his potential will be determined by his conditioning rather than his development, he's got the skills, he just doesn't have a whole lot of stamina and that affects his quickness dramatically, especially on the defensive end. Otherwise, I like all the rest, Jefferson will continue getting better, Love will come back and add a lot more consistency and leadership to the floor, Flynn is looking fine, but I wonder if he just tries to do too much out there. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on the offensive side because of our lack of talent at the wing positions and frontcourt with Jefferson still not 100%, but it was very painful to see him lose his focus and have Bayless dunk an alley oop on his head, just like ESPN.com Game Recap said, you just don't see a PG to PG alley oop too often. I like Sessions too and I think his stats would be better if he were in the wide open system he was in last year in Milwaukee, but he just doesn't get a lot of plays to individually create so his numbers suffer, I believe he may become a very good trade chip in the not too distant future, possibly for a guard that can shoot and guard 2s, I think we have our playmaker in Flynn, we just need to get a 2 guard that can make open shots and play consistent D on the perimeter, I hope that's Ellington, and there's times where he looks really good, but I'm not sure if he's athletic enough or has a good enough handle to be anything more than a decent 6th Man/Scorer off the bench, which is still very good, but we need someone that's athletic and long with a consistent jump shot at the 2 and 3. Brewer will never fill that role, and I'm not sure if he's that great of a defender, I don't see it, yeah, he flies around the court and gets a steal or two, but he still overplayed his man the ten plays before that and they just finished off a 12-0 run. I'm not sure if Brewer should've had his contract extended for another year, I know our team is supposed to be this great developmental team, but I think his ceiling is starting to appear and it doesn't look good, I'm not sure if there's any more developing left, he can't dribble with either hand, his drives to the basket are constantly rejected, he can't make open jump shots consistently, and 90% of the time he overplays his man trying to go for the steal which leads to an easy basket for the other team, the guy is far more deterimental to our team than beneficial, I just pray that Rambis takes the ball out of his hands on offense completely, the guy has no business trying to create for himself. Once Love comes back in a couple of weeks and hopefully Al's starting to look himself we'll get a good picture of where this season will go, hopefully it won't be as painful as the last nine games have been.
Not Worried Yet

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2009

Players the Wolves should keep:

Jefferson
Love
Flynn
Sessions
Ellington
Jawai

Suprisingly Jawai is not half bad, but the rest shouldn't be on any NBA roster, with the possible exception of Ryan Gomes and Ryan Hollins, Gomes just doesn't fit on our team, we need bigger, quicker, and longer players at our 3, 4, and 5 spots badly. He's a tweener and we don't have bigger or quicker players to make up for his size and quickness inefficiencies. I just don't know where he's going to be traded to. With Hollins, he's just an athletic freak for his size and you can never teach that, his skill set and Basketball IQ would definitely say otherwise, but he's most likely going nowhere with this being the first season of a three year contract. As for Jawai, he just seems to get it, he knows how to play basketball, but I think his potential will be determined by his conditioning rather than his development, he's got the skills, he just doesn't have a whole lot of stamina and that affects his quickness dramatically, especially on the defensive end.
Not Worried Yet

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2009

Continued:

Otherwise, I like all the rest, Jefferson will continue getting better, Love will come back and add a lot more consistency and leadership to the floor, Flynn is looking fine, but I wonder if he just tries to do too much out there. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on the offensive side because of our lack of talent at the wing positions and frontcourt with Jefferson still not 100%, but it was very painful to see him lose his focus and have Bayless dunk an alley oop on his head, just like ESPN.com Game Recap said, you just don't see a PG to PG alley oop too often. I like Sessions too and I think his stats would be better if he were in the wide open system he was in last year in Milwaukee, but he just doesn't get a lot of plays to individually create so his numbers suffer, I believe he may become a very good trade chip in the not too distant future, possibly for a guard that can shoot and guard 2s, I think we have our playmaker in Flynn, we just need to get a 2 guard that can make open shots and play consistent D on the perimeter, I hope that's Ellington, and there's times where he looks really good, but I'm not sure if he's athletic enough or has a good enough handle to be anything more than a decent 6th Man/Scorer off the bench, which is still very good, but we need someone that's athletic and long with a consistent jump shot at the 2 and 3. Brewer will never fill that role, and I'm not sure if he's that great of a defender, I don't see it, yeah, he flies around the court and gets a steal or two, but he still overplayed his man the ten plays before that and they just finished off a 12-0 run. I'm not sure if Brewer should've had his contract extended for another year, I know our team is supposed to be this great developmental team, but I think his ceiling is starting to appear and it doesn't look good, I'm not sure if there's any more developing left, he can't dribble with either hand, his drives to the basket are constantly rejected, he can't make open jump shots consistently, and 90% of the time he overplays his man trying to go for the steal which leads to an easy basket for the other team, the guy is far more deterimental to our team than beneficial, I just pray that Rambis takes the ball out of his hands on offense completely, the guy has no business trying to create for himself. Once Love comes back in a couple of weeks and hopefully Al's starting to look himself we'll get a good picture of where this season will go, hopefully it won't be as painful as the last nine games have been.
Bob the Bilderberg

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2009

Judged:

Jefferson's a jerk and bad for team chemistry. Dump him for a couple of players or draft choices.
TraceMan

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2009

Holly cow, that Portland team is exactly how I want the Wolves to look in 3 years, man is there a more athletic and fun team to watch than these up and coming Blazer`s, Oden is gonna be a Beast if not already, I guess we know what Rip City is all about now, I wish AL was not so hard on himself, it is obvious he trying his hardest out there. his knee is just not there yet, Keep working it will come big guy!
Doowrehs

Zimmerman, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2009

Let's hope that Target Field doesn't produce the level of garbage that Target Center has done for two decades.
Jeff

Vancouver, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2009

Who is this writer? Minnesota played in Portland on Sunday, not Monday. That score was against Golden State. And "Martell Bayless"? WTF? Does this writer even know the nba or is does Minnesota care so little about the Wolves that they assign an intern for the article?

Come on folks, have some faith. The Blazers were here 4 years ago. The city hated the players and the management. The owner cleaned house, a couple of good draft picks, a little luck, and a good coach was all it took...
Fair and Balanced

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2009

Jeff wrote:
Who is this writer? Minnesota played in Portland on Sunday, not Monday. That score was against Golden State. And "Martell Bayless"?****? Does this writer even know the nba or is does Minnesota care so little about the Wolves that they assign an intern for the article?
Come on folks, have some faith. The Blazers were here 4 years ago. The city hated the players and the management. The owner cleaned house, a couple of good draft picks, a little luck, and a good coach was all it took...
Dude, have you ever been a TWolves fan? If not, you don't understand how disfunctional this franchise is. We had KG for 12 years or something. He goes to Boston and within 1 year they pull in Ray Allen, Pierce says his cold-blooded self, and Rondo and Perkins mature to be champions. This ownership could NEVER pull that off in 100 years. Teh best we ever could do is give KG an aging Sam Cassel and Sprewell. That's it, in 12 years!!!! McHale was the puppet master, and he took us down the toilet for years, and his crap-sandwich will linger for another 5 years or so. That is, unless we get some big time free agents this summer. I am a die hard TWolves fan, but even I can't watch them for more than a half right now. They're like a college team in the NBA. Only the TWolves would offensively goaltend a shot about to go in by their own teammate. We may go down as one of the HISTORICALLY bad teams this year. Keep Love, Al, Flynn, Session, Brewer for 1 more year, and try to pick up Redd and Chandler next year. That gives us Flynn, Redd, Love, Al, and Chandler. That's a team that can compete.
Fair and Balanced

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2009

...and what the heck is up with Ellington? For a 'shooter' he is unwatchable. I think I would hit more open J's than him. Just awful, I don't even know why he's playing in this league.
wtf

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2009

The T-pups suck! How much longer until they relocating to Vegas?
Blazer Dave

Oregon City, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2009

Martell Bayless is some kind genetic mutant. Maybe you are talking about Martell Webster? Jeryd Bayless is a first round pick combo guard.
BigDuck

Vancouver, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2009

All the Wolves need to become like the Blazers is a really, really rich owner. Do you have someone like that back there?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rudy Fernandez Discussions

Search the Rudy Fernandez Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Rudy Fernandez Flop: Matt Barnes Called For Off... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Sam 2
Nuggets Blast Kings For 3rd Straight Win (Jan '12) Jan '12 Last Stop Ron Paul 1
NBA draft: Lighty drew interest, but no commitm... (Jun '11) Jun '11 FLABUCK 21
Aldridge ties career high with 36 in Blazers win (Dec '10) Dec '10 Aliceheart 1
You be the GM: Rudy Fernandez (May '10) May '10 pete98146 1
Trail Blazers add Roy to growing list of injuries (Dec '09) Dec '09 Tiffany 3
Blazers' Oden expected to miss rest of season (Dec '09) Dec '09 Tiffany 2
•••
•••