Lakers facing reality check

Lakers facing reality check

There are 122 comments on the LA Daily News story from Jun 20, 2008, titled Lakers facing reality check. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

The taste in the Lakers' mouths was still sour, two days not being nearly enough time to wash away their disappointing loss to the Boston Celtics in the NBA Finals.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
pez1

Salinas, CA

#1 Jun 20, 2008
yeah you went to the party and you still ugly
patsceltssoxwin

Clinton, MA

#2 Jun 20, 2008
Tonight at Fenway the Celts will bring the trophy and the Sox will wear green.......Go Sox Go Celts!!!!!
Laura Lee

Mission Viejo, CA

#3 Jun 20, 2008
patsceltssoxwin wrote:
Tonight at Fenway the Celts will bring the trophy and the Sox will wear green.......Go Sox Go Celts!!!!!
That's what I love about New England teams! The pro's show up and support each other! Our fan base is awesome!
314nal

Rochester, NY

#4 Jun 20, 2008
Boston bought their championship title, they were sucks last year, won only 24 games. They didn't built any foundation, like what Lakers did. Two to three years from now, Boston Celtics will be in the bottom again. While young Lakers still competing at the championship level.
LaserRocketArm

Johnston, RI

#5 Jun 20, 2008
314nal wrote:
Boston bought their championship title, they were sucks last year, won only 24 games. They didn't built any foundation, like what Lakers did. Two to three years from now, Boston Celtics will be in the bottom again. While young Lakers still competing at the championship level.
...sucks to "want" doesn't it?

...get a real team and you would have no harsh feelings...
LaserRocketArm

Johnston, RI

#7 Jun 20, 2008
justanotherfaker wrote:
What is this guy saying?? Is that even english?
It's apparent that "ebonics" has migrated and made its way to Kirkland, WA area code.
Big Dog

Yorba Linda, CA

#8 Jun 20, 2008
Lakers all the way next year!!! Lakers just need to make some changes to guarantee a championship. Lets see, we need to get rid of Odom. He's weak. We need someone who can score, so lets trade him for Garnett, a guy who can really score. We also need to get rid of Gasol. He's just too weak to go up against the big centers. We need some really powerful guy that will clog up the middle, like Kendrick Perkins. So we'll trade for him also. Also, I'm sick of Vujacic being such a cry baby and soft on defense. We need someone who can shoot three's like theres no tomorrow. How about a true guard like Ray Allen. Lets trade Vujacic for Allen. Finally, Kobe's great but his shooting percentage sucks big time most of the time. We need someone who can shoot the lights out with a good percentage, who isnt a crybaby, and can really deliver in the fourth quarter. Lets say we get a player like Paul Pierce and get rid of Kobe.
Yes, that sounds better and this New Laker squad of Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Kendrick Perkins and maybe throw in Eddie House and I'll bet we could win next year for sure!!!
Jay

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Jun 20, 2008
It's hard to picture Ron Artest as a Laker. Perhaps if he stays medicated he can work. I'm wondering what it would take to get Tayshaun Prince out of Detroit. Rumor has it that Detroit is listening to offers. Obviously the mid level exception wouldn't work for Prince.
Laker Fan

Toronto, Canada

#10 Jun 20, 2008
LaserRocketArm wrote:
<quoted text>
It's apparent that "ebonics" has migrated and made its way to Kirkland, WA area code.
This is a Southern California message board mostly of Laker fans and sympathizers. If you New Englanders or Northern Californians or whatever are not happy with sentiments of Laker fans and how they say it, then go back to boston.com where you belong. Do your gloating there.

Or are you being so outgloated there by your pals that you're having a tantrum at not being noticed and don't like it there anymore?
pickleboat

St Louis, MO

#11 Jun 20, 2008
Big Dog - this post is priceless! It is one of the best I've seen since "The Massacre"!
Laker Fan

Toronto, Canada

#12 Jun 20, 2008
The Lakers didn't need a dominant center to win the title. Phil's Bulls teams won without one so that excuse of a big body in the center won't cut it. The young Lakes lacked the mental toughness and strong commitment to defense those Bulls had and were intimidated by the Celts.

If these young Lakes are saying they are committed to winning the championship next year then I'm interested in any stories of any of them working out in the El Segundo gym the day or 2 days after exit interview, similar to what Pippen and Horace Grant did in Chicago after their exit interview after their team was eliminated as mentioned in one of Phil's books.

Otherwise, Phil and Mitch may just have to trade for tougher minded players.
donna

Santa Ana, CA

#14 Jun 20, 2008
Poor L.A. Losers, I mean Lakers! I feel about as sorry for them as I did when the Oakland Losers--I mean Raiders lost the Superbowl.(NOT!)
Kobes A Whiny Lil Bitch

Utica, KY

#15 Jun 20, 2008
Hey LazerRocket,

Who's hot the Celtics, who's not the Patriots

Who's hot Paul Pierce, who's not the Lakers

Lets go Celtics, stay hot!!!!!!!!!
Hey New England Fans

Lancaster, CA

#16 Jun 20, 2008
Where were you smucks last year!!!! You guys are nothing but front runners!! The Lakers get Bynam back and find a way to get a power forward who will play some defense and we're back in it again. I don't think we can get Prince though. The cost will be too much. If Odum comes back, he really needs to be an off forward where he is more comfortable. Asking him to carry the weight inside is too much to ask of him. Gasol needs to find a weight room and lift during the off season. He also needs to develop a chip on his shoulder and become a bit more physical.
Jake

Salt Lake City, UT

#17 Jun 21, 2008
Celtics fans could rub it in any other teams face but they still don't hold a torch to the Lakers. It has been 20 years since the last time the Celtics won and it has been about 20 years since the last time the Celtics were any good. But throughout those 20 years, the Lakers still have been a good team and won 3 championships. while still making it to the playoffs every year, while Celtics players were watching from home and then decided to tank last year and still couldn't win the NBA Lottery. Here's hoping That Phil Jackson passes Red Aurback next season for NBA Championships.
Laker Fan

Vancouver, Canada

#18 Jun 22, 2008
LaserRocketArm wrote:
<quoted text>
...here's a poster who is clearly, "non compos mentis", eh?!!
Isn't it true that when one crosses the line between good 'ole fashion ribbin' to hurling personal insults, the insulter does so coz' s/he strongly feels s/he IS what s/he hurls, EH?

Get off your ivory tower and rocker, mate. All of us speak ENGLISH, EH? With no stiff upper lip types.....unless you're aspiring to be one, EH?

Pencil a Celtics champ celebration in June 2029.....the next time they'll win again, EH? Bye bye, EH?
sammy

Toronto, Canada

#19 Jun 22, 2008
LaserRocketArm wrote:
<quoted text>
Hers to a dummy who has no common sense EH?
sammy

Toronto, Canada

#20 Jun 22, 2008
LaserRocketArm wrote:
<quoted text>
Heres to a dummy who has no common sense EH?
LaserRocketArm

Johnston, RI

#21 Jun 23, 2008
Laker Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it true that when one crosses the line between good 'ole fashion ribbin' to hurling personal insults, the insulter does so coz' s/he strongly feels s/he IS what s/he hurls, EH?
Get off your ivory tower and rocker, mate. All of us speak ENGLISH, EH? With no stiff upper lip types.....unless you're aspiring to be one, EH?
Pencil a Celtics champ celebration in June 2029.....the next time they'll win again, EH? Bye bye, EH?
...let's not officially call this guy "dead", yet. Let's just say he's electroencephalographically challenged.
LaserRocketArm

Johnston, RI

#22 Jun 23, 2008
sammy wrote:
<quoted text>Heres to a dummy who has no common sense EH?
How many roads must a man travel down before he admits hes lost...

Diarrhea of the keyboard gotten the best of ya, I see. So much that you felt compelled to stutter it to print twice, eh?!! I can see why your French counterparts wish to secede from the union.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ronny Turiaf Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Loss of Nikola Pekovic severely hurts Timberwolves (Feb '14) Feb '14 Trevor 1
News New Heat style wouldn't shock Wade (Aug '12) Aug '12 Ginobili 1
News Knicks Down 0-2 After Another Close Loss to Cel... (Apr '11) May '11 johnny 3
News Rants and Raves: Knicks get it right (Jan '11) Jan '11 Bulldog 4
News Anthony Randolph: Why It's Time for New York Kn... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Roy H Cornely 1
News Sources: Warriors close to trading Anthony Rand... (Jul '10) Jul '10 AVHS Dad 2
News Lakers select Kentucky guard Crawford (Jun '08) Jul '10 rrenault 47
More from around the web