Versatile Diaw adding leadership role...

Versatile Diaw adding leadership role to resume

There are 16 comments on the Theglobeandmail.com story from Aug 28, 2006, titled Versatile Diaw adding leadership role to resume. In it, Theglobeandmail.com reports that:

With France in the quarterfinal round of the FIBA world championships for the first time 43 years, Diaw has been thrust into a new role - team leader.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Theglobeandmail.com.

Bill

La Mirada, CA

#1 Aug 30, 2006
Now that France has made it to the Semi in FIBA World Championships, will Diaw and Parker lead the retreat? Does their jerseys have a yellow stripe running down the back? The French are trying to back out of Lebanon, why would their basketball team do anything different? I have nothing good to say about stinky spinless frogs.
Bill

La Mirada, CA

#2 Aug 30, 2006
Correction: It's SPINELESS!
anti bill

Exoudun, France

#3 Oct 21, 2006
you are a brillant writer, you should start a career as...but you'll see in a while desapointing news from the french team, i think they're about to have more talent (as a team) like you're stupids, negativ basketball IQ bush(its) players
thanks for all...
Yusef

Compton, CA

#4 Oct 22, 2006
what's this got to do with the lakers? Turiaf will stay purple and gold forsure, the guy is a beast and a straight up ball of energy, and fans in LA love the guy.
Suns Fan

United States

#5 Oct 23, 2006
Yusef wrote:
what's this got to do with the lakers? Turiaf will stay purple and gold forsure, the guy is a beast and a straight up ball of energy, and fans in LA love the guy.
your right! he second comnig of Kareem Adul Jabbar! what a freking joke. All the lakers fan see thier current players as if they are any good, there are only 3 players that are worth something. Kobe"Ballhogger"Brya nt,Vladimair Rodmanavic and Lamar Odom the other players are just simply bench players or overseas players.
I like Boris Diaw game but the french are a bunch of cowards that have no moral and you guys need to let your women know that hairy arm pits are NOT SEXY!!!!
Go SUNS!!
God Bless America!
Yusef

Compton, CA

#6 Oct 23, 2006
OK as long as you know nothing about the Lakers, you should probably keep your opinions about them to yourself. I said Turiaf is a beast and a ball of energy, I didnt say anything about him being the next Kareem, although our 'bench players' and 'overseas players' just shitted on your amazing suns last night, and guess what, they'll do it again on halloween.

FUCK THE SUNS!
GOD BLESS THE LAKERS!
Suns Fan

United States

#7 Oct 23, 2006
WOW!!!
I never thought that the Lakers would be bragging about a freaking pre season game! is that how low your expectation has gone? a meaningless pre season game?

You better enloy it becouse come the playoffs you aint going to win shit!

Marion played 15 minutes, Nash played 20 minutes and we shot 3% from the 3 point line and you barely won by 3 measly points!!!
Lamar Odom played all the fourth quarter and so did Luke Walton who are 2 of your starting 5 and barealy beat us by 3 freaking points!!

YOU suck!
The Lakers Suck!
GO SUNS!!!
lakers355s

San Clemente, CA

#8 Oct 31, 2006
Suns Fan wrote:
WOW!!!
I never thought that the Lakers would be bragging about a freaking pre season game! is that how low your expectation has gone? a meaningless pre season game?
Marion played 15 minutes, Nash played 20 minutes and we shot 3% from the 3 point line and you barely won by 3 measly points!!!
Lamar Odom played all the fourth quarter and so did Luke Walton who are 2 of your starting 5 and barealy beat us by 3 freaking points!!
YOU suck!
The Lakers Suck!
GO SUNS!!!
how about bragging about a regular season game?
you are stupid and are banned from using a computer ever again. not to mention, discuss basketball. fuckindouchebag.
lakers355s

San Clemente, CA

#9 Oct 31, 2006
Yusef wrote:
OK as long as you know nothing about the Lakers, you should probably keep your opinions about them to yourself. I said Turiaf is a beast and a ball of energy, I didnt say anything about him being the next Kareem, although our 'bench players' and 'overseas players' just shitted on your amazing suns last night, and guess what, they'll do it again on halloween.
FUCK THE SUNS!
GOD BLESS THE LAKERS!
word...
Allan Collerman

Canada

#10 Nov 4, 2006
why don't the postings leave the 'war' up to the players who can make the difference in a game - their dribble is only for their ego and doesn't alter the game at all...grow up!!!...cheers
Suns Fan

AOL

#11 Nov 5, 2006
lakers355s wrote:
<quoted text>
word...
Wow!! There's a saying out there
"cussing is a ignorant man trying to express themself" and you are not only ignorant, but an idiot as well.
The Lakers won and I can understand why you guys hate us and why you guys have a lot of frustration toward the Suns and their fans. I know that game 7 of last year playoffs was a hard one to swallow.
Enjoy it Lakers fan becouse in a couple of weeks we will take over the Pacific.

oh yea, about me not ever using a computer. aint never going to happen just like you never getting our GED or a job.

GO SUNS!!
lakers355s

San Clemente, CA

#12 Nov 5, 2006
Suns Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!! There's a saying out there
"cussing is a ignorant man trying to express themself" and you are not only ignorant, but an idiot as well.
The Lakers won and I can understand why you guys hate us and why you guys have a lot of frustration toward the Suns and their fans. I know that game 7 of last year playoffs was a hard one to swallow.
Enjoy it Lakers fan becouse in a couple of weeks we will take over the Pacific.
oh yea, about me not ever using a computer. aint never going to happen just like you never getting our GED or a job.
GO SUNS!!
speaking of ignorant, AND your GED talk...
1. did you know you're supposed to use 'an' in front of a word like 'ignorant' and not 'a'? you should have learned that in 6th grade grammar...(see above)

2. yeah is spelled with an 'h'. not 'yea'(see above)

3. there are no o's in the word because (see above)

4. you said, "aint never going to happen just like you never getting our GED or a job" ... wtf? why would i want YOUR GED?

finally... the LAKERS fans jealous of PHOENIX? hahaha...
how many RINGS? ZERO! nothing to show for anything.

lakers? <gulp>... 14 RINGS!! plus, the LA Lakers have the most wins (2,806), the highest winning percentage (61.5%), and the most finals appearances (28).

there's another saying out there, "yer still a fuckindouchebag."
p.s. seriously, stay OFF the computer...
lakers355s

San Clemente, CA

#13 Nov 5, 2006
Suns Fan wrote:
WOW!!!
YOU suck!
The Lakers Suck!
GO SUNS!!!
yo hypocrite piece of shit,
take your own advice about cussing and ignorance...

quote from above: "You better enloy it becouse come the playoffs you aint going to win shit!"

you make YOURSELF look stupid. you represent your team WELL...
Kobe is 1

South Yarra, Australia

#14 Nov 6, 2006
LOL, lakers355s, u are the man brother...take that suns fan, cos its The Truth. btw, it doesnt matter who takes the pacific division title, its what u do with the positioning is what is important, the last two years the suns have had chances, but havent taken them, like the lakers used to. it wasnt our posistioning in the playoffs, it was their knowledge of what to do when certain situations, or certain games are on the horizon that won us our championships. the suns in certain situations dont know what to do and that results in losing the big games that actually count!
SolarPower

Arlington, VA

#15 Nov 7, 2006
Kobe is 1 wrote:
LOL, lakers355s, u are the man brother...take that suns fan, cos its The Truth. btw, it doesnt matter who takes the pacific division title, its what u do with the positioning is what is important, the last two years the suns have had chances, but havent taken them, like the lakers used to. it wasnt our posistioning in the playoffs, it was their knowledge of what to do when certain situations, or certain games are on the horizon that won us our championships. the suns in certain situations dont know what to do and that results in losing the big games that actually count!
Whatever! Every title the Lakers won, they won because they were one of the most TALENTED teams in the league. The past couple of years my Suns, because of injuries, were basically overachieving with a 6-7 man rotation. How could you even compare the two? Now, if we get to the playoffs relatively injury free with this team that we have this season, there will be no excuse for us not to be competitive.
Lakers1

San Pedro, CA

#16 Nov 7, 2006
The suns are an extremely good outside shooting team. But you guys lack that inside presence. With a solid center, you guys have a shot at the championship. But without one, the stronger, bigger teams are always gonna win it in a 7-game series.

The laker's young players are playing great right now, but it will take more to get past the playoffs and I know it.. i admit it. The good thing is that Bynum shows no signs of fear to take a shot now. That's a very good sign. But as much as he can get better, he can go cold.. who knows!

GO LAKERS!
SolarPower wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever! Every title the Lakers won, they won because they were one of the most TALENTED teams in the league. The past couple of years my Suns, because of injuries, were basically overachieving with a 6-7 man rotation. How could you even compare the two? Now, if we get to the playoffs relatively injury free with this team that we have this season, there will be no excuse for us not to be competitive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ronny Turiaf Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Loss of Nikola Pekovic severely hurts Timberwolves (Feb '14) Feb '14 Trevor 1
News New Heat style wouldn't shock Wade (Aug '12) Aug '12 Ginobili 1
News Knicks Down 0-2 After Another Close Loss to Cel... (Apr '11) May '11 johnny 3
News Rants and Raves: Knicks get it right (Jan '11) Jan '11 Bulldog 4
News Anthony Randolph: Why It's Time for New York Kn... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Roy H Cornely 1
News Sources: Warriors close to trading Anthony Rand... (Jul '10) Jul '10 AVHS Dad 2
News Lakers select Kentucky guard Crawford (Jun '08) Jul '10 rrenault 47
More from around the web