Lakers' Turiaf headed to Golden State

Full story: LA Daily News

Restricted free agent forward-center Ronny Turiaf officially became a member of the Golden State Warriors on Friday night, his four-season, $17-million contract simply too rich for the Lakers to match by the 9 ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 47 Comments Last updated Oct 10, 2008
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Laker fans

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

We'll miss you, Turiaf. I hope things go well for you.
lakers fans since 80s

Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

buy out walton and radmanovic contract and match warrior offer .resign turiaf... turiaf is more useful than walton and radmanovic..
Ska617

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

Judged:

The Lakers should have kept Turiaf, and traded off
Chris Mihm. Bad move for La La land, but Being from Boston I love It. Kobe they did it to you again.
Douglashew

Cypress, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

You'll be missed Ronnie. Keep up the hustle big guy!
tripster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

Turiaf leaving is a start he did not help out much in the points department.The next one to go better be Luke Walton, actually he should have gone first.
JBT

Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

Turiaf wasn't worth 17 Mil...
FIFB

Hacienda Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

JBT wrote:
Turiaf wasn't worth 17 Mil...
Nice guy, but I have to agree with you. Turif take the money, and invest it.
Sampson

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

Judged:

it's all over, the Lakers will never win the championship next year. They might as well start rebuilding today.
manhattan beach dude

Chino Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

nice player, really nice guy, but no way a guy maybe 3rd of 4th off the bench worth 4 mil a year. Take the money and run, thsm will not hurt the Lakers.

“Raiders, Warriors and A's”

Since: Aug 07

San Jose

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

The Warriors need to develop the game in the paint.
Having two different players at C/PF, one who finesses the ball and the other who's got the heft
and the energy, both of whom fit into the Nelson game is the right way to go. To the Lakers, he's not worth the money, but Turiaf might just be a building block that fits in the Warriors rebuilding.
Rick

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

Sampson wrote:
it's all over, the Lakers will never win the championship next year. They might as well start rebuilding today.
Oh, yes, because Ronny was such an integral part of their success last year, and he did so much to get them through the playoffs and into the finals. His skill for benchwarming and pine-riding will surely be missed.
Checkpoint charlie

Carlsbad, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

I agree with manhatten beach dude!
Jack

El Segundo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

Ronny was a good decent player but, I don't think he is worth 4 million a year either. The Lakers losing him will not destroy the team. He made his decision and the Lakers made there's.
manhattan beach dude

Chino Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

Rick wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yes, because Ronny was such an integral part of their success last year, and he did so much to get them through the playoffs and into the finals. His skill for benchwarming and pine-riding will surely be missed.
heh, heh, heh, nice!
Sampson

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

if you couldn't tell i was being sarcastic then you're a moron.
Rick wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Mar 08

South El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

Judged:

glad 2 see him go he no good luke walton should go 2 and odom
joeblue

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

Get rid of walton and radmonovic get kurt thomas.
JAKE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2008

Radmonovic is a great player, don't get rid of him. Walton on the other hand is a lazy piece of crap.
joeblue wrote:
Get rid of walton and radmonovic get kurt thomas.
Michael B

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2008

When are the Lakers ever going to learn that Mihm just doesn't have the health or the skills to make any worthwhile impact for the Lakers. Thought they were soft in the finals this year? Mihm will make the frontline soft as a marshmellow.

If somebody can refi the deal on their home loan, why can't NBA refi their deals? Odom should reduce his deal from the over-priced $14 million a year he was getting down to about $8 million.
lakerboy

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2008

Judged:

Sampson wrote:
Ditto. It's all over. The sky is falling ! May the Lord bless U Roni. You're always a Laker in our hearts. If 1/10 of the league had 1/10th of your heart and passion, the world would be a better place for it.

Peace on your journey brother. Maybe it will come full circle. It can happen (see Fish). Catch me when U settle in at www.pvforeclosures.com and we'll turn that 17 into 25.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ronny Turiaf Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loss of Nikola Pekovic severely hurts Timberwolves (Feb '14) Feb '14 Trevor 1
New Heat style wouldn't shock Wade (Aug '12) Aug '12 Ginobili 1
Knicks Down 0-2 After Another Close Loss to Cel... (Apr '11) May '11 johnny 3
Rants and Raves: Knicks get it right (Jan '11) Jan '11 Bulldog 4
Anthony Randolph: Why It's Time for New York Kn... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Roy H Cornely 1
Sources: Warriors close to trading Anthony Rand... (Jul '10) Jul '10 AVHS Dad 2
Lakers select Kentucky guard Crawford (Jun '08) Jul '10 rrenault 47

Search the Ronny Turiaf Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••