Turiaf signs offer sheet with Golden ...

Turiaf signs offer sheet with Golden State

There are 8 comments on the LA Daily News story from Jul 10, 2008, titled Turiaf signs offer sheet with Golden State. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

As expected, restricted free agent Ronny Turiaf signed an offer sheet Thursday from the Golden State Warriors worth $17 million over four years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

Dimitry

United States

#1 Jul 10, 2008
Although $4Mil seems high for Turiaf, I, as a warriors fan like the move.
The Warriors have serious issues with size inside, rebounding, and defense.
Turiaf is a great fit for the Warriors. He brings more to the table then just stats, as Laker fans are well aware of. His intensity will rub off on other players as well.
If the offer was closer to $2Mil, I can see the Lakers matching. But, this might just be steep enough for the Lkaers to let Ronny walk. Plus, there aren't too many quality big men availible this offseason, so this is a good move for the Warriors to shore up their weakest area.

I don't see the Lakers matching. Anyone think they will?

Viva Los Dubs Baby!!!!!
Lakerfan4life

Austin, TX

#2 Jul 10, 2008
I'm not certain if that would really satisfy me. i may not have been a fan of the Golden State Warriors but like i said, i don't really know if that will be something to feel satisfied about. if Golden State really wants him, i suppose that might as well be the first time favoring the Warriors and i may still like him. however, i have a strong feeling that he might want to stay in L.A. instead of heading up to the Bay Area. i know how bad the Frenchman would feel if he leaves the team he loves so much. it may as well reduce the amount of talent, skill, defense and performance the L.A. Lakers have. to me, staying might be best, but like i said, i'm not certain if Turiaf going to the Warriors would really satisfy me.
lakers355s

San Clemente, CA

#3 Jul 11, 2008
Dimitry wrote:
Although $4Mil seems high for Turiaf, I, as a warriors fan like the move.
The Warriors have serious issues with size inside, rebounding, and defense.
Turiaf is a great fit for the Warriors. He brings more to the table then just stats, as Laker fans are well aware of. His intensity will rub off on other players as well.
If the offer was closer to $2Mil, I can see the Lakers matching. But, this might just be steep enough for the Lkaers to let Ronny walk. Plus, there aren't too many quality big men availible this offseason, so this is a good move for the Warriors to shore up their weakest area.
I don't see the Lakers matching. Anyone think they will?
Viva Los Dubs Baby!!!!!
no lakers won't match. unless we magically trade walton or radman to some suckers...
you will like him in GSW. i will miss him in LA.

good riddance ronny! going after the $$$ instead of the rings. tsk tsk...

what do GS fans think of losing b. davis? i like him- he'll be a laker within four years guaranteed.
clinton

Elk Grove, CA

#5 Jul 16, 2008
I hate to see him go but I wish him all the best. He can be a starter with many clubs and it doesn't seem like the Lakers really want him. I like him better than Artest as he is a standup guy who stays out of trouble, the Lakers need to stay clean, get a few more Derrick Fishers, they might not win the NBA Championships, but at least they wont have a bunch of criminals to worry about in the off season.
Wackamatic

Pomona, CA

#6 Jul 16, 2008
Hey Clinton, the Lakers only play for championships. If you want a "NICE" team without any rings, the clippers need you. Turiaf will regret moving to NO CAL next June when we are parading down Figueroa Blvd.
Golden Lifestyle

Vancouver, WA

#7 Jul 16, 2008
Turiaf will be a MONSTER pick up. Warriors will be an extremley under rated team next because... why??? We lost Baron Davis? Baron Davis was an explosive playmaker, but made horrible decisions with the basketball. His lazyness, and OLD legs cost the Warriors a playoff berth last year. Good riddance.
lakers335... you can have Baron in 4 years.... 34 years old? He'll be lucky to still be playing in the league. His Days are numbered because of injury, and it was a brilliant move by Mullin to stay away from signing BD to a long term deal
mayor

Bellflower, CA

#8 Jul 16, 2008
Golden Lifestyle wrote:
Turiaf will be a MONSTER pick up. Warriors will be an extremley under rated team next because... why??? We lost Baron Davis? Baron Davis was an explosive playmaker, but made horrible decisions with the basketball. His lazyness, and OLD legs cost the Warriors a playoff berth last year. Good riddance.
lakers335... you can have Baron in 4 years.... 34 years old? He'll be lucky to still be playing in the league. His Days are numbered because of injury, and it was a brilliant move by Mullin to stay away from signing BD to a long term deal
so you're not a fan of the blazers?
lakers355s

San Clemente, CA

#9 Jul 17, 2008
Golden Lifestyle wrote:
"within" four years is fine with me. sure he's had his injuries but i think that if he adjusts his aggressiveness he can have a longer career. and technically he will be 33.3 years old in four years... still plenty of time to play for the REAL TEAM IN L.A.

keep in mind when talking about the warriors' aspirations for next year that your team is still playing in the WC... 8th seed maybe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ronny Turiaf Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Loss of Nikola Pekovic severely hurts Timberwolves (Feb '14) Feb '14 Trevor 1
News New Heat style wouldn't shock Wade (Aug '12) Aug '12 Ginobili 1
News Knicks Down 0-2 After Another Close Loss to Cel... (Apr '11) May '11 johnny 3
News Rants and Raves: Knicks get it right (Jan '11) Jan '11 Bulldog 4
News Anthony Randolph: Why It's Time for New York Kn... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Roy H Cornely 1
News Sources: Warriors close to trading Anthony Rand... (Jul '10) Jul '10 AVHS Dad 2
News Lakers select Kentucky guard Crawford (Jun '08) Jul '10 rrenault 47
More from around the web