David Berri: If Derrick Rose Didn't Shoot as Much Would He Have a Shot at MVP?

Feb 21, 2011 Full story: The Huffington Post

Should Derrick Rose be the NBA's Most Valuable Player this year? Not surprisingly, the local media in Chicago thinks Rose is a candidate .

Full Story
shawn

Fairburn, GA

#1 Feb 21, 2011
this is a dumb article lebron and wade all shot as much as rose however, they have more foul called for them and when you shot free throws they don't count as fg attempts. the bulls starting shooting guard avg 3 pts a game, this nerd culture that believe you can tell who deserve something base on numbers lose the whole essence of the game. number don't tell the story of other players being open , because of rose drives to the rim. you can talk about number all you want i know carlos boozer missed 18 games and noah missed 30 games and loul deng is shooting 40% from the field we don't have to talk about bogan and kurt thomas is the second oldest player in the league and your number want me to believe that drose is only responsible for 8 bulls wins. according to john hollinger metric has drose as the 13 most efficient player in the league.I don't know if you watch the game but player do what they are told to do for the most part and if you have a problem with his shot attempts contact thibs because he has publicly said that he wants rose to shot more often.i guess we are being dope because we don't understand a player scoring alot of points just like all the calls i have heard for melo and monta for mvp.you don't have to insult chicago fans and say we are being duped like a bunch of morons. you find me this metric that says rondo is more productive than drose!!!!!!!!!! never saw or heard of it!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ronnie Brewer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Could the New York Knicks Acquire Tyreke Evans ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 The_Solution 6
Starting James White Makes No Sense for New Yor... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Olufemi Ogunjana 4
Are the New York Knicks Relying Too Much on Jas... (Jan '13) Jan '13 tonyhammond 1
NY Knicks: Hot Start Proves Carmelo Anthony Bet... (Nov '12) Nov '12 kyu 6
Ronnie Brewer's Twitter feed: 'New York Knicks ... (Jul '12) Jul '12 eddie rodriguez 1
Is Kobe Bryant the Key to the Chicago Bulls Win... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 3
NBA Draft 2012: 7 Best Options for the Chicago ... (Jun '12) Jun '12 best thing 2
More from around the web