Pacers snap six-game losing streak

Pacers snap six-game losing streak

There are 12 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 17, 2007, titled Pacers snap six-game losing streak. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Mike Dunleavy scored 25 points, and the Indiana Pacers beat the Utah Jazz 117-97 on Saturday night to snap a six-game losing streak.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

ayo

Dayton, OH

#1 Nov 17, 2007
We won a game! Lets all go to the strip clubs!!!
Hoosier Fan

United States

#2 Nov 17, 2007
Sounds like a good game. Didn't hear anything about Oneal?
Glenn

El Paso, TX

#3 Nov 17, 2007
First of all I want to say congratulations to the Pacers for winning this game against a top quality opponent and snapping their six-game losing streak. As I take a look at the box score, I noticed this victory came while Jermaine O’Neal scored only 8 points. Earlier today, this was the sentiment I was trying to make; Jermaine O’Neal is NOT the kind of player that the offense should run through. It is clear that Danny Grainger and Mike Dunleavy are great shooters, they should be options 1 and 2 respectively and that will open the middle for their third option, JO.

It appears the offense ran much better tonight and they kept it the intensity for the entire game, Tinsley assists totals were up the shooting percentages were up, the rebounds were up and the block shots were up. This is the kind of intensity they should have in all of their games and if the highest paid player on the team wants to be a winner instead of a whiner then he should learn to take a back seat and allow Grainger and Dunleavy to be the catalyst for the Pacers offense.
Dan

West Manchester, OH

#4 Nov 17, 2007
Hoosier Fan wrote:
Sounds like a good game. Didn't hear anything about Oneal?
He played, but they won anyway.
Stan

Dayton, OH

#6 Nov 17, 2007
Dunleavy, Granger, Williams, Tinsley, and Daniels all had good games. Plus they didn't blow the lead. Plus the free throws were even. Plus back to back road games for Utah. Teams win games, not just O'Neal. Indiana needs consistent good play all game from at least 5-7 guys, not just once every 7 games.
Stuck Reading the Star

United States

#7 Nov 17, 2007
Pacers suck
Cube Jockey

Westerville, OH

#8 Nov 17, 2007
ayo wrote:
We won a game! Lets all go to the strip clubs!!!
Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the next Jerry Seinfeld!!!!
Glenn

El Paso, TX

#9 Nov 17, 2007
Stan wrote:
Dunleavy, Granger, Williams, Tinsley, and Daniels all had good games. Plus they didn't blow the lead. Plus the free throws were even. Plus back to back road games for Utah. Teams win games, not just O'Neal. Indiana needs consistent good play all game from at least 5-7 guys, not just once every 7 games.
You are absolutely correct, they do need consistent play from everyone and as long as they don't try to make Jermaine O'Neal the focal point of the team, they will get just that! He needs to become a third option, not a first and the team will continue to win games..
Michael Cooper

United States

#10 Nov 17, 2007
Glenn wrote:
First of all I want to say congratulations to the Pacers for winning this game against a top quality opponent and snapping their six-game losing streak. As I take a look at the box score, I noticed this victory came while Jermaine O’Neal scored only 8 points. Earlier today, this was the sentiment I was trying to make; Jermaine O’Neal is NOT the kind of player that the offense should run through. It is clear that Danny Grainger and Mike Dunleavy are great shooters, they should be options 1 and 2 respectively and that will open the middle for their third option, JO.
It appears the offense ran much better tonight and they kept it the intensity for the entire game, Tinsley assists totals were up the shooting percentages were up, the rebounds were up and the block shots were up. This is the kind of intensity they should have in all of their games and if the highest paid player on the team wants to be a winner instead of a whiner then he should learn to take a back seat and allow Grainger and Dunleavy to be the catalyst for the Pacers offense.
Very good point! The league needs to start respecting our shooting to open up the pass to J.O., if he has to set on the bench so be it. This is truly a team fans can be proud of and can win if Our All Star would think Team. What a difference a day makes! Yesterday was like, "I don't know whats happening to us in the second half", well sit and think about it J.O...
sprink

Clayton, IN

#12 Nov 17, 2007
The Pacers are playing?
Indy comedians

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Nov 18, 2007
I love people taking time to come on here to post negative and completely unfunny comments. I hope to God none of these people have ever tried stand-up comedy before.
I bet these are the same people who try to break the ice with a knock-knock joke.
JKL

Fort Thomas, KY

#14 Nov 18, 2007
Indy comedians wrote:
I love people taking time to come on here to post negative and completely unfunny comments. I hope to God none of these people have ever tried stand-up comedy before.
I bet these are the same people who try to break the ice with a knock-knock joke.
I really love the blind Pacer fan even more when they come spewing on here that the team is back, this year is the year,......your pitiful. As long as this same group os on the floor with the same poor management (Bird) we will continue to clown on you jacka--es due to how blind you are to the reality of this organization.

I do not spend money and time on anything that is not worth my time and money. Obviously, you have different priorities, spending time and money defending a group that does not care about you or the product they have brought to the community.

I hope your day job does not require common sense or accountability, you obviously have none.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ronnie Brewer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Could the New York Knicks Acquire Tyreke Evans ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 The_Solution 6
News Starting James White Makes No Sense for New Yor... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Olufemi Ogunjana 4
News Are the New York Knicks Relying Too Much on Jas... (Jan '13) Jan '13 tonyhammond 1
News NY Knicks: Hot Start Proves Carmelo Anthony Bet... (Nov '12) Nov '12 kyu 6
News Ronnie Brewer's Twitter feed: 'New York Knicks ... (Jul '12) Jul '12 eddie rodriguez 1
News Is Kobe Bryant the Key to the Chicago Bulls Win... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 3
News NBA Draft 2012: 7 Best Options for the Chicago ... (Jun '12) Jun '12 best thing 2
More from around the web