Clock malfunction benefits Pistons, a...

Clock malfunction benefits Pistons, angers Magic

There are 3 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 6, 2008, titled Clock malfunction benefits Pistons, angers Magic. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The Pistons closed the third quarter like they have ended a lot of quarters over the last few years, with a big three-pointer from Chauncey Billups .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

TheKingOfDetroit

San Jose, CA

#1 May 7, 2008
Come on guys....Whats the big deal about the clock? I could understand and would agree if the Magic lost by a point or two, but they didn't, the lost by seven. How about making a case about that insane shot by Turk, brick city for sure. I understand how the loser feels at that time, but there was still the opportunity to steal the game. So, it is what it is a big fat "L", thanks Turk, and all you magic players trying to play rough house Pistons ball. Let's keeping it moving and look forward to the 2008-09 season, or better yet, the season Dwight Howard becomes a Piston.....If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
Nope

Ocala, FL

#2 May 7, 2008
Yes, the Magic would've been able to overcome the clock incident if they had played a better game, but 5 of the Piston's final points came at the line. They wouldn't have been put there intentionally if the Magic still had the lead, no matter how thin it may have been. The Pistons may still have scored them, but they would've had to earn them.
atlgator88

Schaumburg, IL

#3 May 7, 2008
TheKingOfDetroit wrote:
Come on guys....Whats the big deal about the clock? I could understand and would agree if the Magic lost by a point or two, but they didn't, the lost by seven. How about making a case about that insane shot by Turk, brick city for sure. I understand how the loser feels at that time, but there was still the opportunity to steal the game. So, it is what it is a big fat "L", thanks Turk, and all you magic players trying to play rough house Pistons ball. Let's keeping it moving and look forward to the 2008-09 season, or better yet, the season Dwight Howard becomes a Piston.....If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
No whining...but let's be for real dude...that changed the dynamic of the game....and the call that put Rip on the line was even worse. THAT more than any separated the score as such. The pistons might have pulled it off anyway, but that was a momentum builder...Billups is one of my fav players though...I digress.

I do see you on the shot selection. Turk was high or something on that 3...terrible shot...and how may layups can you miss...maybe the boys can get 2 w's here at the crib...we will see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rodney Stuckey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lillard's shot lifts Blazers over Pistons in OT (Dec '13) Dec '13 Ravishankar kumar 1
News Allen Iverson and Rodney Stuckey: A Tale of Two... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Jewel Williams 1
News Rodney Stuckey Injury: Pistons' guard exits aft... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Nelly N 1
News Brandon Knight of Detroit Pistons: Will Kentuck... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Chris 2
News Pistons give up 21-point lead, lose to Bulls (Oct '10) Oct '10 SilverSoftcat319 1
News Pastor Delivers Sermon on Why LeBron Should Stay (Jun '10) Jul '10 Anonymous 37
News NBA Rumors: Darren Collison Could be a Star wit... (Jun '10) Jun '10 crazywhiteboy 2