Bulls fall to Pistons

Rodney Stuckey scored 40 points, topping his previous career high by 13, and the Detroit Pistons overcame an injury to Allen Iverson in a 104-98 victory over the Chicago Bulls on Tuesday night. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mike in South Loop

Chicago, IL

#1 Dec 23, 2008
I don't know if anyone has noticed, but Andres Nocioni is now a better player than Luol Deng. Deng is now struggling with ball security and is still now sinking his jumper.

http://stillbullishinchicago.blogspot.com/
anon

Schaumburg, IL

#2 Dec 23, 2008
Deng should not be playing as much.
PJALAWISHES

Euless, TX

#3 Dec 23, 2008
Where is the Heart? This team is built for running not half court. The Bulls are young and energetic so let them run. The Black Hawks are also young and bring all of the energy every night. Whats the difference? HEART?
Nate

United States

#4 Dec 23, 2008
Deng looked like he was playing with cement shoes? This guy is so slow...can't get past anyone and again was a non factor.

Hey Pax....I hope Santa brings you the ability to become a good GM this year!
chicago87

United States

#5 Dec 23, 2008
30 bad calls and 5 on rose.Did people see that game it is ok wait for palyoffs.
christopher mcewen

Antelope, CA

#6 Dec 23, 2008
How long are the bulls going to keep that excuse of luol deng is trying to find himself. if you look at his numbers the last three years, they have consistently gone down. he's been trying to find himself all year!!!! he cant shoot , cant dribble, cant play defense and the bulls reward him with 70 million dollars!!!! WoW
Mel

Chicago, IL

#7 Dec 24, 2008
When will Luol Deng show some aggressiveness towards the basket? The Bulls paid for a perimeter statue. Either run some curl plays for Luol at the beginning of the game so he can slash to the basket and get into rhythm or put him on the bench. He can't be trusted to dribble penetrate from the perimeter. Every team gets beat playing one on one defense but the Bulls just don't communicate and play help defense. How many layups did the Pistons get?
The only good thing is it looks like Tyrus is coming around. Enough said.
Don't want to jinx it.
mikie

Chicago, IL

#8 Dec 24, 2008
With the mix of talent that this team has it is hard to fathom what the base offensive and defensive philosophies are. It seems like every game they are trying something new with varying results. While it is impressive that they have gone about it this way for most of the season, and still played close to .500 ball, some base offensive sets need to materialize that will help them out of some of these "holes" they dig themselves in to.
In his defense, Luol is not a bum, but I am not sure how he fits into their overal scheme at the moment...
Derrick is outstanding, but should be expected to take over scoring when the chips are down everytime...
I want to see a bigger commitment to getting the ball in to Drew/Gray/Noah early in games...each of these guys should score a basket per two minutes. No excuses...
Deng and Thomas need more cut baskets both in transition and in the half court. Derrick, and Ben should not be the prime pentrators with the forwards poessesing as much atheleticsm as they do. On the flip side, I don't want to see Deng or Thomas spending much time on the perimeter any more as well.
Let Noch start for a while in the place of Deng, just to see if that helps.
techenhance

United States

#9 Dec 24, 2008
Deng just doesn't fit this offense. I said that when Pax drafted Rose. Deng's at his best when he can catch the rock on the move and either:
1) shoot a pull-up mid-range jumper or
2) attack an open lane to rim.
But like the article says, they have to keep the middle open for Rose's penetration and that negates much of Deng's limited game. And even if Del Negro did run the sets for him that Scott Skiles did, it wouldn't matter much because teams have figured Deng out.

Detroit exposed him in the playoffs. All you have to do is keep a long wing on him to harass him when he catches the pass and challenge his shot. Deng can't - and never could - create his own shot from a stand-still position. He's a decent athlete but he's not quick. He can only post up guys way shorter than him and he can't even take power forwards off the dribble.

Bottom line: the Bulls need to trade him to a team that can make better use of him. And in return they need to get a player that fits their system better. I don't care if it's big post up player or another wing that can do SOMETHING to make a positive difference for them, whether it's spreading the defense with decent long-range shooting or consistently creating his own shot from a stand-still position.

If Pax was a half-decent GM, he wouldn've known this. This all goes back to him not knowing how to assemble complimentary talent.
Rodney

Crystal Lake, IL

#10 Dec 24, 2008
well negatives look to be deng and the joker. gordon the kid, larry hughes, tyrus, nocioni and even thabo look good. bud deng aint the man. the joker cant rebound, cant shoot. he was a wasted draft pick. its Christmas eve. Who goes?
Scott

Elgin, IL

#11 Dec 24, 2008
christopher mcewen wrote:
How long are the bulls going to keep that excuse of luol deng is trying to find himself. if you look at his numbers the last three years, they have consistently gone down. he's been trying to find himself all year!!!! he cant shoot , cant dribble, cant play defense and the bulls reward him with 70 million dollars!!!! WoW
I have defended Paxson quite a bit over the last two years, but that signing was absolutely stupid.

Why did Paxson offer him more money than he did last year after Deng came off an '07 season where he regressed. That made no sense to me. That signing could haung the Bulls for the next 5 years.
techenhance

United States

#12 Dec 24, 2008
Problem is, how many teams would be willing to give up a valuable player for such a limited talent with such a big contract? Would the Clips be willing to deal Camby? He's not a post-up scorer, but he'd definitely upgrade the Bulls frontline defensively and on the boards.

What about Golden State and Corey Magette? He may not be the ideal fit, but he'd be more effective in Del Negro's system than Deng. If Larry Miller is sufficiently peeved at Boozer, maybe the emergence of Millsap would make him willing to deal Booozer in a package for Deng.

I don't know if any of these deals are really do-able, but they'd be worth a try. Pax said he has been exploring trade possibilities, but with his track record, that doesn't give me much confidence.
Florida Jim

Christmas, FL

#13 Dec 24, 2008
This team is full of immature pouters if it is not Deng it is Thomas, if it is not Thomas it is Noah, if not Noah it is Gordon, if not Gordon it is Hughes please quit making excuses for their immaturity and make them grow up or SIT!
ATLDre

Atlanta, GA

#14 Dec 24, 2008
christopher mcewen wrote:
He is Reinsdorf's pet. That is how he stunk it up last season and got more money than he asked for.
ATLDre

Atlanta, GA

#15 Dec 24, 2008
mikie wrote:
With the mix of talent that this team has it is hard to fathom what the base offensive and defensive philosophies are. It seems like every game they are trying something new with varying results. While it is impressive that they have gone about it this way for most of the season, and still played close to .500 ball, some base offensive sets need to materialize that will help them out of some of these "holes" they dig themselves in to.
In his defense, Luol is not a bum, but I am not sure how he fits into their overal scheme at the moment...
Derrick is outstanding, but should be expected to take over scoring when the chips are down everytime...
I want to see a bigger commitment to getting the ball in to Drew/Gray/Noah early in games...each of these guys should score a basket per two minutes. No excuses...
Deng and Thomas need more cut baskets both in transition and in the half court. Derrick, and Ben should not be the prime pentrators with the forwards poessesing as much atheleticsm as they do. On the flip side, I don't want to see Deng or Thomas spending much time on the perimeter any more as well.
Let Noch start for a while in the place of Deng, just to see if that helps.
The collective offensive talent isn't there to committ to getting the ball down low. Gray is the most non-athletic bigman ever, Noah is Noah and his game is the same as it was his freshman year in college. He has no offensive talent. Gooden is a jump shooter. Noah fumbled every pass he received last night. If the Bulls are going to committ to bad big men, they should look at a guy like Wilcox from the thunder. At least he can finish around the basket. Our best big man is Noc. Not a good thing
ATLDre

Atlanta, GA

#16 Dec 24, 2008
Florida Jim wrote:
This team is full of immature pouters if it is not Deng it is Thomas, if it is not Thomas it is Noah, if not Noah it is Gordon, if not Gordon it is Hughes please quit making excuses for their immaturity and make them grow up or SIT!
Another senseless shot at BG. When has he pouted or been less than professional. He still has the best work ethic on the team, despite watching Deng's ineptitude and pouting get him 71 mil deal. True he turned down a great offer but so did Deng. He is still the team's most reliable player. Rose is talented but young and it showed last night when he allowed Stuckey to get inside his head and make the game personal.
Rod from Tennessee

AOL

#17 Dec 24, 2008
It's probably about time that Del Negro goes ahead and opens up with Nocioni or even Tyrus for that matter, in place of Luol Deng. Deng isn't the first player that's played well enough to secure a big time contract, and then produced nothing afterwards, and he won't be the last. The problem is, Deng was showing signs last season that he wasn't going to be a big time player, and yet Reinsdorf and Paxson still chose to pay him as such. What baffles me even more is, even after such a mediocre effort last year, they gave him a larger contract than they had offered previously. Fortunately for Paxson, Reinsdorf's hands were all over this transaction as much as Paxson's were, so i'm sure Paxson won't have to be held solely responsible for such a terrible move. Once again the team will be handcuffed salary cap wise all because of poor evaluations of their personel. Moves like this is why the Bulls, Clippers, Kings, Grizzlies, and the such, remain lottery pick teams year after year.
johnnycomelately

Lake In The Hills, IL

#18 Dec 24, 2008
Why no criticism of Rose, who got LIT UP last night for 40 points. Maybe the league have figured out Rose's limited game, an the fact he plays like Allen Iverson, shoot first, thinks about passing last. Until this team becomes more than a guard shooting team, an get the forwards and centers involved on offense this will continue. I won't blame Deng, Thomas or anyone else until they start to see the ball more.
anon

West Chicago, IL

#19 Dec 24, 2008
with a couple of exceptions, very good posts. I agree with all of you. If it was only up to the fans..
jon

Denver, CO

#20 Dec 24, 2008
johnnycomelately wrote:
Why no criticism of Rose, who got LIT UP last night for 40 points. Maybe the league have figured out Rose's limited game, an the fact he plays like Allen Iverson, shoot first, thinks about passing last. Until this team becomes more than a guard shooting team, an get the forwards and centers involved on offense this will continue. I won't blame Deng, Thomas or anyone else until they start to see the ball more.
I understand your point. However, some cheap fouls forced D Rose to ease up. By the way, wasn' it Gordon guarding Stuckey most of the time? And I don't remember D Rose committing turnover after turnover late in the fourth, like Hughes and BG were doing. I can say his shot still needs work and his times to attack should be calculated and not constant, but who else shows that kind of aggressiveness on the team?? Rose is the least of the worries on this team.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rodney Stuckey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lillard's shot lifts Blazers over Pistons in OT (Dec '13) Dec '13 Ravishankar kumar 1
Allen Iverson and Rodney Stuckey: A Tale of Two... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Jewel Williams 1
Rodney Stuckey Injury: Pistons' guard exits aft... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Nelly N 1
Brandon Knight of Detroit Pistons: Will Kentuck... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Chris 2
Pistons give up 21-point lead, lose to Bulls (Oct '10) Oct '10 SilverSoftcat319 1
Pastor Delivers Sermon on Why LeBron Should Stay (Jun '10) Jul '10 Anonymous 37
NBA Rumors: Darren Collison Could be a Star wit... (Jun '10) Jun '10 crazywhiteboy 2
More from around the web