Are the Spurs a dynasty?

Jun 14, 2007 Full story: ESPN 15

Chris Broussard grew up in the Midwest dreaming of being the next great tailback at USC. via ESPN

Full Story
PISTON

Jersey City, NJ

#1 Jun 17, 2007
TO BE A DYNASTY YOU HAVE TO DOMINATE YOUR DECADE. IF THE SPURS DID THAT, THEY'RE A DYNASTY.
Cowboy

San Diego, CA

#2 Jun 17, 2007
What else would one call it? Ten years is a decade and the San Antonio Spurs have four championships in nine, I would totally consider that dominance!!
global warming

Hialeah, FL

#3 Jun 17, 2007
Nope.
PISTON

Jersey City, NJ

#4 Jun 17, 2007
Yea, I agree. Spurs didn't dominate this decade. maybe it'll be a different story if they win the next 3 in a row, but they win like every 2 years so I hope it don't happen. LOL!!! Who cares about being a dynasty, the empire is gonna fall sooner or later.
omar

Rochester, NY

#5 Jun 17, 2007
PISTON wrote:
Yea, I agree. Spurs didn't dominate this decade. maybe it'll be a different story if they win the next 3 in a row, but they win like every 2 years so I hope it don't happen. LOL!!! Who cares about being a dynasty, the empire is gonna fall sooner or later.
4 championsships in a decade..thtas not dominate??
they neve rlost when going to the finals iether..so0 pretty dominate to me..there the only team with above .50 in championship wins thes decade
PISTON

Jersey City, NJ

#6 Jun 18, 2007
omar wrote:
<quoted text>
4 championsships in a decade..thtas not dominate??
they neve rlost when going to the finals iether..so0 pretty dominate to me..there the only team with above .50 in championship wins thes decade
From 1990-2000 Spurs have won a title. Thats one title for that decade. From 2001-present they have three. They didn't dominate the 90's. But they are more dominate this decade. Lakers have 2, Pistons have 1, and the Heat have 1.
tragedy

Miami, FL

#7 Jun 18, 2007
PISTON wrote:
<quoted text>
From 1990-2000 Spurs have won a title. Thats one title for that decade. From 2001-present they have three. They didn't dominate the 90's. But they are more dominate this decade. Lakers have 2, Pistons have 1, and the Heat have 1.
Right but I think what they are trying to say is that the Spurs have 4 championships in a 10 year span. Actually it has only been 9 seasons counting this year.
omar

Rochester, NY

#8 Jun 18, 2007
tragedy wrote:
<quoted text>
Right but I think what they are trying to say is that the Spurs have 4 championships in a 10 year span. Actually it has only been 9 seasons counting this year.
there you go..somebody who knows there stuff
PISTON

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Jun 18, 2007
tragedy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok then, I guess that clarifies it. And they do have a few chances to win sum more with the team they have. They were already considered a dynasty after winning their 3rd title. If they finish strong within this next years, they'll be up there. So, Omar, i kinda agree with the Spurs being a dynasty just a little.
Theclash

United States

#10 Jun 19, 2007
The spurs are a dynasty with the greatest power forward in the history of the game. I think we can all agree the pistons aren't a dynasty though.
PISTON

Pottstown, PA

#11 Jun 19, 2007
Theclash wrote:
The spurs are a dynasty with the greatest power forward in the history of the game. I think we can all agree the pistons aren't a dynasty though.
2 phenomenal points there clashy.
maybe

Hollywood, FL

#12 Jun 19, 2007
I heard Tony Parker was sleeping with his trophy instead of his wife Eva? Talk about a relationship lol.
PISTON

Pottstown, PA

#13 Jun 19, 2007
maybe wrote:
I heard Tony Parker was sleeping with his trophy instead of his wife Eva? Talk about a relationship lol.
Well technically he's not married to her yet. I wonder if he'll choose the trophy over her. I now pronounce you Mrs. Trophy Parker.
Hoop Manchu

United States

#14 Jun 20, 2007
They're nowhere near a dynasty. They
have to repeat to get any consideration, and let's face it, the first title and this one can be questioned... other than the Suns, they didn't beat anybody and we all know what happened in that series. Their first title they beat an 8 seed in a lockout shortened season, I know the rules were the same for everyone and someone had to win it, but it can't be viewed the same way as an 82 game season. They are the best team of this decade though. If they win it next year, I think we can use the D word for the first time since 1998.
PISTON

State College, PA

#15 Jun 21, 2007
Spurs are a fantastic team. But so much controversy going on. Only team that came close to beating them were the Pistons n 2005. If Wallace didn't leave Big Shot Bob open, they may have won the series. Man, that one hurts. But they won. Suns are awesome too. Let em play next year without any suspensions and it should be a doozy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robert Horry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ashlyn Horry Dead: Robert Horry's 17-Year-Old D... (Jun '11) Jun '11 agreed 16
Spurs Smother LeBron to Take Game 1 (Jun '07) Jun '09 Lakerland 7
Moore or Horry part of Lakers' plan? (Feb '09) Feb '09 kev 34
Lakers meet Parker halfway (May '08) May '08 max 4
Lakers turn right (May '08) May '08 corky 1
West, Chandler start for Hornets (May '08) May '08 josh 4
Horry sets mark (May '08) May '08 Cowboy 3
More from around the web