Riley fires back after O'Neal rebuke ...

Riley fires back after O'Neal rebuke -- Basketball, NCAA Tourna...

There are 24 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Mar 27, 2008, titled Riley fires back after O'Neal rebuke -- Basketball, NCAA Tourna.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Pat Riley came out punching Thursday, refusing to remain the punching bag of his former championship center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mike

Hollywood, FL

#1 Mar 28, 2008
LOL, i'm happy he got divorced, that bum. noticed every team he was on, had another superstar. he cannot carry a team on his own. the magic had penny, lakers had kobe, and the the heat had wade. and now hes on the suns. the guy just goes to good teams and wants to take all the credit. the guys a moron, and so is the rest of the nba for paying him more than $2. he has no talent.....he cant dribble, cant shoot, cant play defense, cant rebound yet hes getting paid $20 million a year??? i actually wanted the suns/magic/celtics to win it this year, but now i want the suns to get swept out of the playoffs so then everyone could blame fat shaq. again, im happy he got divorced and i hope he loses his kids, so he could live in misery for living the life of a king for only being tall.
Heat

New York, NY

#2 Mar 28, 2008
" Van Gundy said. "I am also always puzzled when a great player takes up a large part of the salary cap and then complains about the talent around him."

That's why I liked Stan... He tells the truth!
Shaq is stupid

New York, NY

#3 Mar 28, 2008
Hey Shaq - what chance would you have playing in the NBA if you were the size of Quinn or Davis? Answer: None. With your skill set you wouldn't make the local high school girl's team. Can't wait to watch you self-destruct soon!!!
Vick

AOL

#4 Mar 28, 2008
Heat wrote:
" Van Gundy said. "I am also always puzzled when a great player takes up a large part of the salary cap and then complains about the talent around him."
That's why I liked Stan... He tells the truth!
Van Gundy hit the right spot in that comment. If you were to respond to O'Neal's comments this right here is all you have to say because it says so much and leaves no room for response. Well said by Van Gundy.
WTF

United States

#5 Mar 28, 2008
I feel the bite of O'neal's comments just like every other heat fan...but everyone on this forum, the media, and other NBA fans have trashed the heat this season...now Shaq trashes the same team and everyone jumps all over him...especially the media, I hear all these guys trash the heat all the time but shaq can't say it..why, because everyone is so envious of his income...look, i think shaq should shut his fat mouth but so should the media...someone explain!!!
The Real Reality

Miami, FL

#6 Mar 28, 2008
mike wrote:
LOL, i'm happy he got divorced, that bum. noticed every team he was on, had another superstar. he cannot carry a team on his own. the magic had penny, lakers had kobe, and the the heat had wade. and now hes on the suns. the guy just goes to good teams and wants to take all the credit. the guys a moron, and so is the rest of the nba for paying him more than $2. he has no talent.....he cant dribble, cant shoot, cant play defense, cant rebound yet hes getting paid $20 million a year??? i actually wanted the suns/magic/celtics to win it this year, but now i want the suns to get swept out of the playoffs so then everyone could blame fat shaq. again, im happy he got divorced and i hope he loses his kids, so he could live in misery for living the life of a king for only being tall.
And its obvious the players he played with the only one to actually carry their teams were Kobe. It's amazing Wade's the best but when he played byhimself the last 3 years the team had a losing record. Last year the team played better without him and Riley was even fighting for 2nd until they both return. The year they won a champioship they were 13-18 until he returned. And Penny is not in the league. So Shaq is very much responsible for what he claims even now.
The Real Reality

Miami, FL

#7 Mar 28, 2008
Vick wrote:
<quoted text>
Van Gundy hit the right spot in that comment. If you were to respond to O'Neal's comments this right here is all you have to say because it says so much and leaves no room for response. Well said by Van Gundy.
you're crazy he knows how to use his skillset better than Quinn. He rebounds plays D, knows the fundamental of the games. Thats why even at this stage inhis career he shoots a percentage and outplays the best centers in the league. But hey when someone post and ignorant staement it just shows how ignorant they are to the game of basketball. Yao is bigger than Shaq and he got embarrassed by the Diesel this year what does that say about him?
SacramentoHeat

Orangevale, CA

#8 Mar 28, 2008
Wait wait wait! How in the hell do you take one game that he played well against Yao and assume he's all that and a bag of chips? Why not bring up the game Erica Dampier owned him? How about Bynum's performance against him? We're talking about a sustained effort over a course of a season, and that means he's a has-been loser. 20 million a year should get you more than 14 pts 8 rebounds a game. And his only skill set he has now is weight and girth. And he got those skill sets not on the court, but at the local fast food joints.
Kyle

Washington, DC

#9 Mar 28, 2008
Shaq has always been eager to compliment those who can help him and eager to trash EVERYONE else. He loves to lob shots at players who aren't as naturally gifted as he is. Chuckling over his big, fat gut as players who work a thousand times harder than he does struggle.

he's a personality, and if you have anything to offer him i'm sure he's very kind and generous. but off the court i give him no respect whatsoever.
Kyle

Washington, DC

#10 Mar 28, 2008
AND Kerr should be embarrassed. Apart from the obvious reason it will prepare him for the end of this season when Shaq is blaming Kerr and everyone else in the Suns organization for why they didn't win a championship.

no class, none.
Stanislaw

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#12 Mar 28, 2008
Anyone remember how much better Miami played against Dallas when Zo came into the game?
GODS AND FOOL FOLLOWERS

Boynton Beach, FL

#13 Mar 28, 2008
So much fat,so little brains...
Dumbfounded

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#14 Mar 28, 2008
Enough already! Both sides need to grow up and stop the dirt being thrown back and forth. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone..........

“Wasilla Moose Chick for Sale”

Since: Aug 07

Definitely Not Wasilla

#15 Mar 28, 2008
Fair Hooker is not surprised by what was said by this big baby passing himself as a man and as a teammate. He did not carry his weight here at any time and when they asked him to improve in his free throw shooting he said "NO" because he was hip hop too cool to take classes from anyone or Rick Barry or anyone else.

Clearly a clown that lost perspective of who he is and what he is. If he had been a gladiator in the time of Rome, he would surely be hanging now from a post in the middle of the Spanish Steps for everyone to see.

Shaquille personality or lack of it is that missing element that he lost or that perhaps he never got when he was growing up. Every off season he would find an excuse so that he would not have to work out or improve on his game thinking that his girth would be enough to allow him to push around the rest of the other NBA centers.

The man has darkness around his soul and heart and it would not surprise me to see his personality deteriorate and become uglier and uglier as he ages ungracefully. For some reason Shaq reminds me of other ugly back-stabbing personalities of the sports world such as: Isiah Thomas, Barry Bonds, Jose Canseco, Roger Clemens, Kobe Bryant, Sammy Sosa, Mark McGuire and a few others that somehow think their success on the sports arenas entitles them to lie, condescend, backstab and be bigger than the rest of the world.
ron realto

Woodhaven, NY

#16 Mar 28, 2008
its obvious to anyone with half a brain that the heat became champions because Dwyane Suede was off the f#$34in hook that sweet year. Shaq is just a fat, old, rich idiot who is a six years past his prime and should retire before he suffers the same agonizing injury that my boy 'Zo unfortunatly had this year. I say, "Bring back 'Zo!"
marlinmike

New Orleans, LA

#17 Mar 29, 2008
SHAQ IS NOW A PUNK!!!!!
Negs67

Philippines

#18 Mar 29, 2008
i agree with Riley, Shaq should shut up!!!What a real moron!! that big guy!!
I beleive pat Reilly

Lakewood, NJ

#19 Mar 30, 2008
I beleive Pat Reilly, and I think he can rebuilt the team around Dwayne Wade for the coming years and prove to the world once again, that he's atill one of the world's greatest basket ball coach.

Rodny Louis jacques
I beleive Pat Reilly

Lakewood, NJ

#20 Mar 30, 2008
I beleive Pat Reilly, and I think he can rebuilt the team around Dwayne Wade for the coming years and prove to the world once again, that he's atill one of the world's greatest basket ball coach, and to prove to fat Shaq that he's never been a real NBA player.
Rodny Louis Jacques
unbelievable

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#21 Mar 31, 2008
mike wrote:
Calm down there Napolean

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ricky Davis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clippers make qualifying offer to forward Novak (Jul '09) Jul '09 los angeles fan 1
News Davis moves to small forward (Nov '07) Mar '09 Tiffany 7
News Rookie inconsistency of Heat's Daequan Cook not... (Mar '08) Mar '09 mydrick taylor 8
News As others question team's effort, Pat Riley def... (Mar '08) Mar '09 Tiffany 17
News No culture shock for Rothstein (Mar '08) Mar '09 mike 10
News Clippers suffer another big loss (Mar '09) Mar '09 robert 1
News Trying times vexing Riley (Jan '08) Jan '09 Joseph 44
More from around the web