Nets' Big Three on downward spiral

Full story: Newsday

They've lost eight in a row, can't defend anybody and barely muster a serviceable effort on most nights.
Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Jan 28, 2008
LETS GO

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 27, 2008
 
This is what i think ever since last season nets bench players got alittle cocky like bostjan nachbar. He takes horrible shots atleast twice a game. Also ever since Richard jefferson scores alot the nets lose their games most of the times. Vince Carter is not the one to blame for nets horrible record. i understand that he hasn't lived up to the expectation yet but everyone is blaming it on him because his not scoreing. When vince carter misses a shot in the last minute of the game its not his fault that his team is behind by like 10 all the time its the teams and i think everyone on the team should be blamed for it. You guys all say that jason kidd is a great point guard and i know his a hall of famer but during the 8 game losing streak he had more than 30 turnovers. So technically its not all carters fault. last season nets had a better record with out Jefferson. The problem with this team is that they have no team chemistry. When they bring up the ball they just run a quick iso or pick n roll every time. When vince carter runs the offense the nets are on a 10-0 run when RJ runs the offence nets are always down by 10 or more. So i think nets should trade Richard jeffferson for a guy like Lamar odom who is 6-9 who is a much better defensive player and who is just a better role player than RJ. Richard Jefferson thinks he is helping the team but he really isn't, when he made his mind to attack the basket he doesnt even think about passing it back out in one of the games i saw he drove in and met by 3 guys and both Vince and Kidd were opened. I think that trading Rj is the better choice for the nets if they want to win. GET RID OF RJ. Lawrence Frank is a terrible couch if he doesn't see that RJ is making Vince worse. Since now that Rj thinks his the best scorer on the team Vince is probabaly thinking to himself. " Lets see how well you guys to with out me". They need to give the ball to Vince while he could still dominate. Rj is only 27 his time will come later but i think now is when they need vince to elevate his game to the next level and lead the team to the champisonship. In order for this to happen they need a unselfish dominant post player that can score and pass at the same time. so far RJ has been all scoreing i think he is just becoming another Allen Iverson in the past playing for stats. Even though he tries to become famous in the league by scoring have you seen the all star voting he wasn't even in the top 10 forwards he LOSES VOTING TO TURKOGLU what a JOKE. I think that some nets might see this the same way as i do i hope. by having a dominant post player that could elevate Vinces game like shaq said. Vince has never played with a true center. all the recent teams that won a championship won with a dominant post player. so rod thorn should try to get Rj to go to the pacers instead of Vince and watch "if that happens Pacers are going to be in trouble because Rj is going to average 50 points a game and the rest of the team will average 2" sarcastic so all the people that been blaming it on Vince for not scoring. Lawrence frank is bigger of a problem than Vince for using the strategy Vince on second quarter with bench. Vince isn't gonna score like that if he cant get into his rythem in the first quarter. Thats like saying here build a bridge with out any materials. Rjs ballhoggins is next. than its Vince Carter not scoring. AFter that is Jason Kidds turn overs. The nets BIG three isn't so big with out team chemistry. We all thought the Celtics big three are going to ball hog alot but we were wrong they are unselfish they share the ball unlike the nets.
jperez

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 27, 2008
 
Oh how Byron Scott is smiling!
jane

Greenville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 27, 2008
 
You are right Vince Carter is not to blame for the nets loss .At the beggining of the season coach Larence Frank asked VC to not shoot as much defer to others Richard Jefferson -and others in what was called tweak the offense more ball movement by the team.SO without VC playin his game and RJ getting most of the touches it
failed as you see its Larence Franks fault because it didnt work out as he thought.The whole team has some of the blame but mainly the coach.
iceman21

Easton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 27, 2008
 
ITS ABOUT TIME SOMEONE STARTS TO RIP THIS TEAMAND LEAVE MY BELOVED KNICKS ALONE BY THE WAY WE NOW OWN THE NETS NETS AGAIN ,SEEMS LIKE OLD TIMES
iceman21

Easton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 27, 2008
 
YOUR RITE JEFFERSON HEAD IS TO BIG HE THINKS HE IS THE MAN OVER VINCE AND HE IS CRAZY TRADE KIDD WHILE YOU HAVE A CHANCE TRADE HIM TO THE MAVS FOR DEVAN HARRIS AND DAMPIER AND AN EXPIRING CONTRACT
Drazen Petrovic

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 27, 2008
 
The nets suck, have always sucked, and always will suck. They are a loser franchise in a loser state. They have the biggest collection -outside of the celtics - of "all-stars" who have never won a title. Jason Kidd is a better wife beater than team leader. Richard Jefferson is soft as a melting candy bar. And Vince Carter is the laziest, most underperforming player in the league. Top that off with the "boy" coach Lawrence Frank who couldn't lead a junior high team to a championship. Enjoy the future, NJ fans. It will be more of the same.
sammy

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 27, 2008
 
jane wrote:
You are right Vince Carter is not to blame for the nets loss .At the beggining of the season coach Larence Frank asked VC to not shoot as much defer to others Richard Jefferson -and others in what was called tweak the offense more ball movement by the team.SO without VC playin his game and RJ getting most of the touches it
failed as you see its Larence Franks fault because it didnt work out as he thought.The whole team has some of the blame but mainly the coach.
Oh please Vince Carter is not to blame for nets losses. Listen.He screwed us here and he will screw you too. The guy signs a big time contract and basically sits back. Same thing happened here.signe a big one that new jersey took over.
Hes done, the knees are finished. good old wince quitter.Half man half effort.
Good luck with him.
sammy

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 27, 2008
 
LETS GO wrote:
This is what i think ever since last season nets bench players got alittle cocky like bostjan nachbar. He takes horrible shots atleast twice a game. Also ever since Richard jefferson scores alot the nets lose their games most of the times. Vince Carter is not the one to blame for nets horrible record. i understand that he hasn't lived up to the expectation yet but everyone is blaming it on him because his not scoreing. When vince carter misses a shot in the last minute of the game its not his fault that his team is behind by like 10 all the time its the teams and i think everyone on the team should be blamed for it. You guys all say that jason kidd is a great point guard and i know his a hall of famer but during the 8 game losing streak he had more than 30 turnovers. So technically its not all carters fault. last season nets had a better record with out Jefferson. The problem with this team is that they have no team chemistry. When they bring up the ball they just run a quick iso or pick n roll every time. When vince carter runs the offense the nets are on a 10-0 run when RJ runs the offence nets are always down by 10 or more. So i think nets should trade Richard jeffferson for a guy like Lamar odom who is 6-9 who is a much better defensive player and who is just a better role player than RJ. Richard Jefferson thinks he is helping the team but he really isn't, when he made his mind to attack the basket he doesnt even think about passing it back out in one of the games i saw he drove in and met by 3 guys and both Vince and Kidd were opened. I think that trading Rj is the better choice for the nets if they want to win. GET RID OF RJ. Lawrence Frank is a terrible couch if he doesn't see that RJ is making Vince worse. Since now that Rj thinks his the best scorer on the team Vince is probabaly thinking to himself. " Lets see how well you guys to with out me". They need to give the ball to Vince while he could still dominate. Rj is only 27 his time will come later but i think now is when they need vince to elevate his game to the next level and lead the team to the champisonship. In order for this to happen they need a unselfish dominant post player that can score and pass at the same time. so far RJ has been all scoreing i think he is just becoming another Allen Iverson in the past playing for stats. Even though he tries to become famous in the league by scoring have you seen the all star voting he wasn't even in the top 10 forwards he LOSES VOTING TO TURKOGLU what a JOKE. I think that some nets might see this the same way as i do i hope. by having a dominant post player that could elevate Vinces game like shaq said. Vince has never played with a true center. all the recent teams that won a championship won with a dominant post player. so rod thorn should try to get Rj to go to the pacers instead of Vince and watch "if that happens Pacers are going to be in trouble because Rj is going to average 50 points a game and the rest of the team will average 2" sarcastic so all the people that been blaming it on Vince for not scoring. Lawrence frank is bigger of a problem than Vince for using the strategy Vince on second quarter with bench. Vince isn't gonna score like that if he cant get into his rythem in the first quarter. Thats like saying here build a bridge with out any materials. Rjs ballhoggins is next. than its Vince Carter not scoring. AFter that is Jason Kidds turn overs. The nets BIG three isn't so big with out team chemistry. We all thought the Celtics big three are going to ball hog alot but we were wrong they are unselfish they share the ball unlike the nets.
Vince is your cause. Mr. Deflated.If yopu guys didn't know down there hes too much of a mama's boy and the wimp comes out in his game.
Have fun with him or get him out.
RC THE BRONX

Waldwick, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 28, 2008
 
Vince Carter got his new contract so now complacency has set in, no incentive to play at the level he did last season.
Richard Jefferson is a good player,he now takes a lot of shots and dosen't play defense,his focus and energy is strictly on the offensive end.
Jason Kidd is one of the best pure point guards in the league,he lacks a consistent outside shot,something that has always been his achilles heal,he also dosen't play defense as his man routinely blows by him. They don't seem to play together and lack the ability to finish in the fourth quarter. The bench once again is suspect after overrating it during the pre season.The good thing is,they play in the Eastern Coference so they still have a shot at making the playoffs.

“2014 ! The Bar is Open !”

Since: Dec 07

a round for all

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 28, 2008
 
see if Billy Paultz and Brian Taylor are still available
sammy

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 28, 2008
 
Guinness Drinker wrote:
see if Billy Paultz and Brian Taylor are still available
Naw dude you need mike geminski back.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Richard Jefferson Discussions

Search the Richard Jefferson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Dwight Howard - has he decided, finally? (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ginobili 16
Spurs show the Clippers who's boss (Dec '11) Dec '11 james corbettq 1
Grizzlies upset Spurs for 1st-ever playoff win (Apr '11) Apr '11 jonathan51793 1
San Antonio Spurs v Los Angeles Lakers (Feb '11) Feb '11 jason -trinidad 1
Spurs withstand late rally to beat Jazz 112-105 (Jan '11) Jan '11 JACK 1
San Antonio Spurs beat Minnesota Timberwolves f... (Jan '11) Jan '11 johnny 22
Spurs hand Durant's Thunder worst loss of season (Jan '11) Jan '11 Los 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••