San Antonio Spurs beat Minnesota Timberwolves for 15th time in a row

Full story: TwinCities.com

Although the result wasn't pretty on the court, the San Antonio Spurs thought it was beautiful in the standings.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
wolvesfan

Rochester, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2011

Judged:

Watched the game on ATDHE.net . Can't even get it on the radio anymore! We actually played a pretty solid game against the Spurs. Losing by three with two chances to tie it in the last 30 seconds shows this team can do it. We need to try penetrating to the basket a bit more. That's what the Spurs did all night long and it's why they had a lot more free throws than we did. We also didn't make a lot of the free throw attempts we did get.

I was pretty upset after the last game. I thought they looked like losers in that one. Tonight left me feeling a lot better. One of these days it is going to click and they will turn it around. I'm hoping it is sooner than later. Go Wolves!

“Obamacs at it's finest!”

Since: Mar 09

Anytown, Minnesota........

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

Judged:

..and this is FRONT page news ?
Nothappy2paymore

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

Judged:

I simply can't believe that anyone can watch the NBA let alone the Timberwolves. You people need to get a life.
the real just another day

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

Judged:

just another day in loserville....
kirbymolly

Chaska, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

I remember when the only reason one would follow the Twins was to see how Rod Carew would do with the bat. I clicked on this to see if Kevin Loves' game stats were here.
The Hard Truth

Bemidji, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

Judged:

the real just another day wrote:
just another day in loserville....
Wow, this is really a cool post. It made me laugh and laugh. It was so original and neat.
jmndodge

Chaska, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

Judged:

The talent is here, the legs are young, but the experience and mental toughness is still lacking. They will learn that the game is won by the effort expended without the ball, and following your man on D when he doesn't have the ball. This is not shown on TV, but at the game it is painfully obvious. The good teams have experienced players doing the little things, and then when they move the ball they have wide open shots, or a lane to draw contact right at the bucket. We will get there, but that only makes the playing field level and gives us a opportunity to win. Now the best is finishing close. Take some time watching film, using the wide angle lens, and sit a coach with each player stopping the film and making them see what is actually happening. This discipline has to become automatic. Like a layup, you can't think about which foot to lead with, but it has to be right, you can't think about moving to the open space, or you are to late, it has to become automatic. It is that ability which ultimately determines which gifted player becomes a star.
DizzyOne

Buford, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

Judged:

This crew makes the Washington Generals look like winners!!!

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

Judged:

The Hard Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, this is really a cool post. It made me laugh and laugh. It was so original and neat.
Why, thank you! I thought you didn't like it. Back to ESPN to watch replays of the Packer game....
memozz

Cairo, Egypt

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

Zingbopper

Turtle Lake, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

Judged:

Timberwolves is to strong of a name for this rag tag bunch of buffoons.
How about the Minnesota " fuzzy kitty's ".
Or the Minnesota " Knitter's ".
You clown's that keep saying " one of these day's "..........
Keep on saying it, it's worked so well hasn't it?
Eventually they will win a game or two just because of the odds, or more likely, dumb luck.
It is amusing to read your ramblings of blind faith.
Oh well, it worked for Jim Jones.
CamelTow

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

Judged:

Nothappy2paymore wrote:
I simply can't believe that anyone can watch the NBA let alone the Timberwolves. You people need to get a life.
and what is YOUR excuse for being here then, trolling for friends again?
fracas

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

I watched the game on League Pass last night. The wolves dug themselves into too big of a hole, then rallied. Silly, off-the-ball fouls, and stupid turnoevers cost the wolves this game.

Beasley limped off late in the first halve and did not return. Tolliver and Brewer played well, and with energy. I wish we could put Brewer's energy with Johnson's shot, as Brewer is all over the court but can't shoot a lick.

I get a kick out of reading the negative posts. This team is so much better than last year that it is like night and day. Not every loss is the same. Last year's losses were discouraging blowouts. This year's losses are mostly by 5 points or less. There is indeed hope, and the future is actually pretty bright.

This team still has big needs. They could use a big man with some passion. Darko needs to show a little emotion and play like he is pi@@ed off. The team also needs a point that can keep his man in front of him and deny some of this penetration. Flynn should be traded, in my opinion. Ridnour is fine, as a backup.
fracas

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

LOL You mean I can't say " a hole"? OK, how about if I say "a steep sided depression"? What a joke.
DD Austin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

Wow! A caption without an excuse of why the T-wolves got beat again? I'm impressed!
DD Austin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

DizzyOne wrote:
This crew makes the Washington Generals look like winners!!!
Best T-Wolves post I've seen in a long time! Funny! Made my day!!:)
Zingbopper

Turtle Lake, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

Judged:

fracas wrote:
I watched the game on League Pass last night. The wolves dug themselves into too big of ****, then rallied. Silly, off-the-ball fouls, and stupid turnoevers cost the wolves this game.
Beasley limped off late in the first halve and did not return. Tolliver and Brewer played well, and with energy. I wish we could put Brewer's energy with Johnson's shot, as Brewer is all over the court but can't shoot a lick.
I get a kick out of reading the negative posts. This team is so much better than last year that it is like night and day. Not every loss is the same. Last year's losses were discouraging blowouts. This year's losses are mostly by 5 points or less. There is indeed hope, and the future is actually pretty bright.
This team still has big needs. They could use a big man with some passion. Darko needs to show a little emotion and play like he is pi@@ed off. The team also needs a point that can keep his man in front of him and deny some of this penetration. Flynn should be traded, in my opinion. Ridnour is fine, as a backup.
" so much better than last year " ?
That's not saying much. A loss is a loss.
Actually losing by 5 or 6 point's is more frustrating and maddening than losing by 15-20 point's.
I get a kick out of reading the negative post's too. They are much more interesting that the Timberloser's.
" there is indeed hop, and the future is actually pretty bright "?????
What team are you watching?
Oh well, keep drinking that cool-aid.
putz.
The Hard Truth

Bemidji, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

Judged:

the real just another day wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, thank you! I thought you didn't like it. Back to ESPN to watch replays of the Packer game....
And this has exactly what to do with the Packers? It would be so nice if you would disappear, but the low functional among humanity derive their jollies primarily by getting a rise out of other people. It makes them visible when otherwise no one pays any attention to them. Well, I'm happy to give meaning to your life. I look forward to your next astonishingly clever post of "just another day in loserville." Perhaps until then, you can occupy yourself with making armpit faarts and posting them on youtube.

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

The Hard Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And this has exactly what to do with the Packers? It would be so nice if you would disappear, but the low functional among humanity derive their jollies primarily by getting a rise out of other people. It makes them visible when otherwise no one pays any attention to them. Well, I'm happy to give meaning to your life. I look forward to your next astonishingly clever post of "just another day in loserville." Perhaps until then, you can occupy yourself with making armpit faarts and posting them on youtube.
Oh oh, someone needs a hug.... C'mon, hard, it's Monday Funday! No queens, tdoodles, mild, or goophers today. Enjoy!!
TimberWoes

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

NEED POINT GUARDS. /The End.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Richard Jefferson Discussions

Search the Richard Jefferson Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Dwight Howard - has he decided, finally? (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ginobili 16
Spurs show the Clippers who's boss (Dec '11) Dec '11 james corbettq 1
Grizzlies upset Spurs for 1st-ever playoff win (Apr '11) Apr '11 jonathan51793 1
San Antonio Spurs v Los Angeles Lakers (Feb '11) Feb '11 jason -trinidad 1
Spurs withstand late rally to beat Jazz 112-105 (Jan '11) Jan '11 JACK 1
Spurs hand Durant's Thunder worst loss of season (Jan '11) Jan '11 Los 1
Timberwolves let another one get away as Spurs ... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Ya maaan 3
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••