Howard, Magic power past hapless Nets 100-84

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

Dwight Howard had 21 points and 13 rebounds as the Orlando Magic avenged a one-point loss to the New Jersey Nets last month with a 100-84 win Wednesday night.
Comments
101 - 120 of 140 Comments Last updated Feb 8, 2008
2sense

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

I hope the fans make SVG look like the dork he is and continue supporting JJ at the games.
In the same regard I'm sure JJ isn't happy when they do their chants. It's embrassing to him and he wishes they would shut up.
Like I said before...give it up on JJ. He will sit...and the more he sits the less chance he will want to play in Orlando. Just like the other musical guards will do should anyone offer them a decent wage somewhere else.
StanVaGundy is a lousy coach with not much experience being a coach. It's true that Dewade and Shaq asked Riley to comeback and coach and get rid of SVG. Plus Riley was smart enough to get Otis to give him a
$ 1 million too, LOL.
O-Magic

Bellville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

MrKnowItAll wrote:
You dont have any comprehension about what the players think of SVG.
Come to think of it, looking back you must be hanging out in those smoke houses in NANNING.
And Otis Smith is a bellcurve GM. face it. He will fail and so will SVG. Dwight, Hedo and Rashard will get tired of his stupid a-s-s just like Shaq & Dewade did in Miami.
The sooner the better.
Obviously you have some Insides from the MAGIC camp. Please....Enlighten US!!
Jim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

I really think I can smell a trade coming. This Magic team is going to look different in a couple of weeks. When there is silence that is usually an indication that something is in the works.
Are we going to get a bigger point guard ? A good solid power forward ? Or will we just get a player that will leave us all scratching our heads and wonder what is wrong with Otis ?
Search4Knowledge

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

The Magic have coveted Nick Collison of Seattle since he came out of college. If Seattle decides to shed payroll, the Magic would be interested. He is not flashy, but he rebounds and doesn't mind playing hard defense.
Forrest Trump

Winter Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

2sense wrote:
I hope the fans make SVG look like the dork he is and continue supporting JJ at the games.
In the same regard I'm sure JJ isn't happy when they do their chants. It's embrassing to him and he wishes they would shut up.
Like I said before...give it up on JJ. He will sit...and the more he sits the less chance he will want to play in Orlando. Just like the other musical guards will do should anyone offer them a decent wage somewhere else.
StanVaGundy is a lousy coach with not much experience being a coach. It's true that Dewade and Shaq asked Riley to comeback and coach and get rid of SVG. Plus Riley was smart enough to get Otis to give him a
$ 1 million too, LOL.
Is it that time of the month for you?

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

O-Magic wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitchell, you are missing the important fact.
PAT RILLEY is still there. Who would have thought about a SHAQ trade. Look at the flexibility he has now. He has a freedom to do anything he wants with MARION. Besides, Miami is not going on a 20game winning streak either so they might still end a season with the worst record and kill on the draft. But as far as we know Riley, I dont think he is worried about the Draft at all. He is about to fix Miami in a hurry and this trade leaves no doubt in my mind. He even unloaded Walker...who knew!! Only RILEY can!! Meaning...HASLEM is a huge possibilty for the MAGIC unless he doesnt play nice with the accross the state Rival.
I'm sure most people in Riley's position would have thought of moving Shaq, and credit to 'ol Slick for pulling it off. But the fact remains that unless he can complement that trade with other deals, the Heat are not going to get much better very soon.

As things stand, they will have $6m of cap space this summer. Most of that will go on Dorrell Wright's extension, and because they are under the cap when free agency starts, they don't get the MLE.

If Marion opts out, they have $23m of cap space, which can be used for Wright's extension, and the signing of one marquee free agent - either re-signing Marion, or going after Elton Brand or the like. So they either keep Marion, or lose him and get someone like Brand. No big upgrade there.

And because this trade makes them a little better in the short term, they are likely to pass the likes of New York, Minnesota, Seattle, Memphis, and maybe a few others before the season ends, and diminish their chances of getting a top draft pick.

So unless Riley can pull off another deal or two - either trading the Blount, Parker, Haslem and Banks deals for expiring contracts (other than Udonis, not gonna happen) or packaging the expiring deals of Jason Williams and Ricky Davis for starting quality players - the Heat are not much better of in terms of their long range prospects.
2sense

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

It's always my time of the month to not tolerate stupidity.
M J magic_real_fan

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

its a shame, all this situations about the point guards in the orlando magic
lots of comments and lots of comments and more bla bla bla, but no fundament at all.
first of all, Nelson, Arooyo, Dooling situation
there is no doubt, jameer is the real point guard, he is the best of all three, but 35 millions point guard , i dont think so
carlos and dooling, well we are talking about point guards, so everybody knows who is the one that doesnt fit that position, thats is dooling, but he still a good player, not a star, not a point guard, but of acourse a good player.
Carlos Arroyo, for me is the 6th man from the bench, specially in the replacement of the point guard, but how can a player could be able to demonstrate what he can do, if there is not chance at all to do that.
for all of you fans of orlando magic, im a magic fan, im from puerto rico and the truth is the truth, when carlos starts those games, it seems like it was only for one purpose, cross the half line and pass the ball to turkoglu and thats the problem.
every player must asume his own rol, and when a team does that, they become a winning team, hedo doesnt have nothing to do with the point guard position, he plays good but at the same time thats not so good for the team.
during the last twoo weeks hedo is an all star, so hedo start playing like an all star go inside where you belong, take more rebounds, let that point guards do their job ( pass the ball, make the assists) and do your job points and rebounds, i think youre a good player, but to become a real star you just need to go to NASA and take a trip , thats the only way.
thats the reason carlos is unable to make his real job, and the inportance of that is the time to come, when you my team arrive finals, if they keep doing the same thing bye bye in 1st maybe 2nd round.
the same thing with JJ, i think hes better that every point guard in the team, carlos, nelson, dooling, the thing is that it ot a little tuff to demonstrate that from the bench, let the kid play, let him play and you would see.
i think that in order to become a NBA Cahampion this year, it is time to resolve this issues since now.
if you dont like carlos, trade him, if you dont like JJ trade him and keep with nelson , dooling and hedo, the truth is that they play very well, but no star quality,
just do that and lets see what happen in a couple of months , lets go see hedo making assists in the finals and no rebounds no star scoring, lets go see when nelson cant make nothing against a team, and lets go see what happen when dooling cant even croos the half line of the court, thats its sound familiar, that its sound like last years finals first round, ahhhhhhh
people is all about consistency, and i think only one player, one star of the magic have that, only HOWARD
for carlos ,JJ youre amazing players that only dont deserve a team like this, youre doing your job, the effort and furthermore youre doing what is expected compared to youre salaries.
do you know how manny teams in the league would like to have arroyo and JJ in the roster, uffffff, a lot of them people, every team in the league will expect from carlos a nice job coming from the bench , and thats what he is doing, the one who need to show the star ability and consistence is the 35 millions man not him, and about JJ avery team would like to give him the time to become a star, but not the magics.
magics is time to deal with that truth, let those player the oportunity to do their job, trade them, and keep with the stars, youre talking bla bla bla everyday.
Jim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

2sense wrote:
It's always my time of the month to not tolerate stupidity.
Everyone please. let's all try to remain positive here for the sake of the team.
Now having said that, I believe the Magic will lose the next three games at home to the Lakers, Cavs, and Nuggets.
mike

Oviedo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

javier3227 wrote:
Coach Stan Van Gundy ought to start taking his own advice:
Stop tinkering with the lineup, especially the point-guard spot, and hunker down for a run to the playoffs.
Van Gundy, by his own admission, said, "I think about it too much. Probably too much."
It's time to leave Jameer Nelson in as the starter.
The move, which I expect today, means he'll put Carlos Arroyo in mothballs and assign Keyon Dooling to Nelson's role as his permanent backup.
Dooling has been the best sixth man off the bench, an energy guy and a nice defender.
Nelson made a mini-comeback to reclaim his job against the Nets on Wednesday after losing it to Arroyo through injury and ineffectiveness during a streak inwhich Orlando won 7 of 9.
Arroyo started for the 10th consecutive time, but when the offense wobbled, he was yanked early in favor of Dooling before Nelson appeared in the second period --- his first appearance in two games. Then Stan Van started Nelson over Arroyo for the second half, a sign that the job will return to Jameer.
Van Gundy has treated the position like a hockey coach who goes with the hot goalie. But everybody in the organization knows the job is Nelson's, so let's get on with it.
The Magic have 31 games left, and need Nelson to work with the starting group to try to recapture the karma he had going early in the season. Don't want to go into the playoffs juggling point guards.
----------
These are the comments of a gay writer, jealous that another player almost took the PG from his lover, man how racist can you be, and why all the hate to CA, you can keep it inside, you dont have to show it like that.
I think you must be very happy know that your lover is playing, but in your next you just have to say "I HATE CA"..
Please start writing that CA must be trade, so that Ron Jeremy and OS can finally trade him, SOCABRON
Javier32whatever, you are beyond hope.. it's guys like you that give PR's a bad name.. i but you have a big PR flag on your back window.. you need to go and suck CA off.. it's obviously you that has a deep love affair with a man... if CA is the best thing that you PR's have going, then I feel sorry for you.. trust me, I don't think there is a MAgic fan out there (except PR's) that wouldn't trade CA for a bag of doughnuts.
2sense

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

i'll go with you on that prediction Jim. :)
O-Magic

Bellville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

Jim wrote:
I really think I can smell a trade coming. This Magic team is going to look different in a couple of weeks. When there is silence that is usually an indication that something is in the works.
Are we going to get a bigger point guard ? A good solid power forward ? Or will we just get a player that will leave us all scratching our heads and wonder what is wrong with Otis ?
I hope you are right about the trades...but then again...hopefully it makes sense. One thing for sure, OTIS, has not dissapointed US...well, at least me personally. So I doubt he would make a trade at this point of the season to make us scratch our heads..:-)
O-Magic

Bellville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

Search4Knowledge wrote:
The Magic have coveted Nick Collison of Seattle since he came out of college. If Seattle decides to shed payroll, the Magic would be interested. He is not flashy, but he rebounds and doesn't mind playing hard defense.
THAT would be nice.
Taz

Silverthorne, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

"If CA is the best thing that you PR's have going, then I feel sorry for you." -Mike

Of course that all they have going for them, Mike. Ricky Martin hasn't put out an album in years! Livin La Vida Loca!
Leno

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

yes I did.
oscar wrote:
<quoted text> now arroyo sucks, you guys didnt say that 2 weeks ago
Leno

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

YEap you are so right, Arroyo was really the man. He was the one runnning this team at the beggining of the season which, by the way, was the best start in 10 years... You are a truly basketball mind
Magical Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeap! Good point, Time to go on a loosing streak again with Jameer. Carlos did his job on this recent winning streak. Awesome point James, You are truly a basketball mind
Madonna Wayne Gacy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

Jim wrote:
You dare question the organization that brought us the talents of Derek Harper, Marc Price, Domonique Wilkins, Dee Brown, and Rod Strickland? I thought I saw Scottie Pippen and Clyde Drexler at the RDV yesterday having lunch with Otis Smith.
el boricua

Bayamon, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

Taz wrote:
So, let me get this straight. The Magic won the game but its not ok because Arroyo got benched? What is wrong with you people? They WON! You PR's call people racist? What a joke. You are the ones who are racist. Last time I checked basketball was a team sport. Arroyo is a backup PG at best.As soon as the Magic trade him all of you Ricans will be gone from this board. You are not fans of the Magic, you are Racist.
Hey Taz, we are not racist. We are only fan of CA and not fan of the magic team and that doesn’t make us racist. And yes, if CA gets traded we follow him anyplace he goes and we are not going to care anymore for the magic team.

You need to understand that there are a team fans and a player fans, and in our case CA fans.
Marcel

Bayamon, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

Leno wrote:
I don't like Arroyo ver much, but despite that, I think it is quite unfari to bench a guy the whole game for 5 bad miutes! Would he dare to do that to Lewis? <quoted text>
that's right.... well said
Play JJ Reddick

Gainesville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

Play JJ reddick.. He can score better than keith bogans who has been missing all of his three's lately... JJ reddick is a proven shooter and can spread the floor better than keith bogans coming off the bench... STAN van i know you are reading this... please play JJ reddick... he needs this for his confidence. JJ reddick will no disappoint.. I mean you guys drafted him no 12... why waste a pick?? magic are known for doing this.. Fran Vazques ( where is he), we could of got danny granger in that draft. JJ reddick needs to play get him off the bench he is a proven scorer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Richard Jefferson Discussions

Search the Richard Jefferson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Dwight Howard - has he decided, finally? (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ginobili 16
Spurs show the Clippers who's boss (Dec '11) Dec '11 james corbettq 1
Grizzlies upset Spurs for 1st-ever playoff win (Apr '11) Apr '11 jonathan51793 1
San Antonio Spurs v Los Angeles Lakers (Feb '11) Feb '11 jason -trinidad 1
Spurs withstand late rally to beat Jazz 112-105 (Jan '11) Jan '11 JACK 1
San Antonio Spurs beat Minnesota Timberwolves f... (Jan '11) Jan '11 johnny 22
Spurs hand Durant's Thunder worst loss of season (Jan '11) Jan '11 Los 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••