Howard, Magic power past hapless Nets 100-84

Dwight Howard had 21 points and 13 rebounds as the Orlando Magic avenged a one-point loss to the New Jersey Nets last month with a 100-84 win Wednesday night. Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
brian schmitz

Washington, DC

#1 Feb 6, 2008
im a waste as a journalist
Joe

Santa Rosa, CA

#2 Feb 6, 2008
The decision not to play Redick at all defies logic. It is becoming increasingly clear that this doesn't have anything to do with basketball. The team owners should get a day pass and take control of their investment.
T_Bowser

Richmond, VA

#3 Feb 6, 2008
Hey Jim, WHERE ARE YOU?! Didn't you predict a five game losing streak; as well as, losing the division lead by All Star Break? Washington lost, we WON...6 GAME LEAD!!! Great game Cook, Rashard, Turk, D12, JN and Dooling. Good defensive effort!
VRL29

Asia/Pacific Region

#4 Feb 6, 2008
very nice win. looking at the standings, it seems that the Magic has the most number of games played as of 02/07/08. this means they will play less games as the playoff approaches to get more rest
Dan

Australia

#5 Feb 6, 2008
What does J.J have to do? We hear that it is the defensive and rebounding abilities of Bogans and Evans and the like that keep him from grabbing some playing time. Yet, they go for a collective 5 rebounds and 2 steals against the Nets and still J.J cannot get any minutes. Ultimately, Stan and Co. can proclaim how much they would like to give him a chance until the Magic win a ring, but until give him some playing time and see if he can do the job all the talk is meaningless. For crying out loud, he is a college superstar, first round pick, and yet all he does is sit on the bench. I just hope that when he does finally get a chance, he doesn't resent the club too much to leave.
Mr Bandwagoneer

Orlando, FL

#6 Feb 6, 2008
Another great win with Carlos Arroyo as the starting point guard!!!!!!
CARTMANesque

Wildwood, FL

#7 Feb 6, 2008
We win- 6 games up, and half the comments are about JJ. The less he plays, the more we win. It really is that simple. Just imagine how many more wins we'll get when he's riding the pine for some other team.
CARTMANesque

Wildwood, FL

#8 Feb 6, 2008
brian schmitz wrote:
im a waste as a journalist
He didn't even write the article- how stupid are you?
Jim

Ruston, LA

#9 Feb 6, 2008
T_Bowser wrote:
Hey Jim, WHERE ARE YOU?! Didn't you predict a five game losing streak; as well as, losing the division lead by All Star Break? Washington lost, we WON...6 GAME LEAD!!! Great game Cook, Rashard, Turk, D12, JN and Drooling. Good defensive effort!
That's a 6 and a half game lead..LOL!!
Jim

Ruston, LA

#10 Feb 6, 2008
Lots of props go to Keyon and Cook for lighting a spark under the team tonight. What happened to Carlos ? SVG yanked him out half way through the first quarter and we never saw him again.
Another slow start tonight. This trend has to change. But not too bad of a defensive job tonight.
Bring Back Bo

Orlando, FL

#11 Feb 6, 2008
Mr Bandwagoneer wrote:
Another great win with Carlos Arroyo as the starting point guard!!!!!!
Ya those 6 minutes really were something. Nice game for Jameer, he seemed to be the difference tonight.
2sense

AOL

#12 Feb 6, 2008
I had the Magic winning this one easily. Lets see what happens the next three.
All of us JJ supporters need to just give it up. He has no chance the rest of this year of playing.
Since the Magic will "get a ring" when H-ell freezes over JJ will get his with some team that has some knowledge about player talent.
Speaking of talent..I like this article by Shannon J., whoever that is.

Duke teaches NC how basketball is played tonight!
2sense

AOL

#13 Feb 6, 2008
Sorry Shannon J. Owens I meant to type.

Since: Jun 07

Nanning, China

#14 Feb 6, 2008
The one thing I have learned to like about Jim. Even though his predictions fall flat, he comes back to talk. Other guys who trash the Magic negatively always disappear when they have a winning streak going but not Jim. He is here whether they win or lose. I respect him for that even though I am glad another of his losing streak predictions bit the dust once again. So keep predicting the losing streaks, only once have the Magic not come back to win after you predicted one. :) :)
2sense

AOL

#15 Feb 6, 2008
Dam site didnt post my comments.
Screw 'em.
2sense

AOL

#16 Feb 6, 2008
Scratch that last post, lol.
Chris

United States

#17 Feb 6, 2008
The Magic could go 82-0 and sweep each series in the playoffs and there would still be posters on here complaining about who played and who didn't.

I don't care if SVG starts the Three Stooges as long as we win. Give the constant whining and moaning a rest! It's obvious some of you are fans of certain players and not the team.

Since: Jun 07

Nanning, China

#18 Feb 6, 2008
Luke wrote:
""I'm still holding onto my prediction: The Magic will lose the southeast division lead to the Wizards before the All Star break.
Remember you heard it first here.""

Let's see the Magic are 8-2 and the Wizards are 3-7 in the last 10 games. snicker, lol, snicker,:),
Have you noticed Luke made his prediction and disappeared. At least Jim comes back and takes his lumps. Luke has to go hide. My prediction is the Magic will win 50+. They only need to go 18 and 13 to make it. That is very reasonable for this team. I think only some major injuries will prevent them from going that far.
Mr Bandwagoneer

Orlando, FL

#19 Feb 6, 2008
Bring Back Bo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya those 6 minutes really were something. Nice game for Jameer, he seemed to be the difference tonight.
YOU MUST BE NEGATIVE RETARDED TO BELIEVE THAT....NELSON HAD A LOT OF ENERGY FROM ALL THE RESTING...BUY YOURSELF A BRAIN ASAP...:)
JohnCena

Deva, Romania

#20 Feb 6, 2008
Yes another win. Jim,Joe,Moe,Bo,Larry,Barry,Bit chell,Mitchell and all the other depressed "girls" are in a deep "suffer" AGAIN....to criticise is to live for them.THE TIME IS NOW

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richard Jefferson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dwight Howard - has he decided, finally? (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ginobili 16
Spurs show the Clippers who's boss (Dec '11) Dec '11 james corbettq 1
Grizzlies upset Spurs for 1st-ever playoff win (Apr '11) Apr '11 jonathan51793 1
San Antonio Spurs v Los Angeles Lakers (Feb '11) Feb '11 jason -trinidad 1
Spurs withstand late rally to beat Jazz 112-105 (Jan '11) Jan '11 JACK 1
San Antonio Spurs beat Minnesota Timberwolves f... (Jan '11) Jan '11 johnny 22
Spurs hand Durant's Thunder worst loss of season (Jan '11) Jan '11 Los 1
More from around the web