Isiah: Stringer apologized for critic...

Isiah: Stringer apologized for critical comments -

There are 5 comments on the Newsday story from Oct 27, 2007, titled Isiah: Stringer apologized for critical comments -. In it, Newsday reports that:

At least one he said/she said story seems to have turned out Isiah Thomas' way. Thomas, the Knicks' coach and team president, spoke Saturday with Rutgers women's basketball coach C. Vivian Stringer and later ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

KKraeuter

Randolph, NJ

#1 Oct 28, 2007
Well of course Stringer apologized! She violated the most important black commandment: Thou shalt not criticize another black for ANYTHING. Had Isiah been white, I'm sure Stringer would have imposed the career death sentence upon him. Way to go, Vivian!
ChannelXRFR

Newark, NJ

#2 Oct 28, 2007
Isaiah Thomas convicted of violating federal law having sexually assaulted an African American Executive of a a major Media/Entertainment Corp and Vivian Stringer apologizes to him?

This feels creepy...
ChannelXRFR

Newark, NJ

#3 Oct 28, 2007
Correction harassed not assaulted..
Flynnstone73

Berlin, CT

#4 Oct 29, 2007
I am sick and tired of every time Rutgers is brought up we have to read about how Imus said Nappy Headed Ho's. One Rutgers should be giving Imus money for the publicity they got so to call is a low point in Rutgers Basketball is laughable. They lost in the final game and got more press then Tennessee,who just happens to have one of the greatest players in NCAA womens Basketball History, but lets not bring that up since she is black and isn't it wierd that when a white chick from UCONN was dominating the sport she couldn't be mentioned enough in the national press. Two if what Imus said was SOOOOOO bad that it scared these girls for life why do I have to read the words over and over again in the press and hear it over and over again on the air. Third ENOUGH ALREADY they got called Nappy Headed Ho's There are hundreds of young black people lying in graves that died in that idiotic war in Iraq who would love to be in the position to have someone call them a NAPPY HEADED HO. This is not or at least it should not be a defining moment in American history yet we talk about it as if it was. It was in April it wasn't a big deal. Just stop it and lets get one with our lives.
Flynnstone73

Berlin, CT

#5 Oct 29, 2007
Oh now this is rich I post my comment and nappy is deleted in the text but yet it is in the heart of the article I am commenting on. A headed Ho of course is acceptable because I could be talking about gardening. This is the how ignorant we have become as a nation. The hypocrisy of our actions flys left and right but yet we some how are filled with rightous idignation at any phrase that offends us. We are truly the most schizophrenic, narcissistic, moronic nation on the planet and if we weren't the most dangerous the rest of the world would be laughing at us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Renaldo Balkman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nuggets sad that Melo had to take Billups with ... (Feb '11) Feb '11 jime k 1
News Hochman: Rough NBA? It's Mr. Nice Guy era (Feb '10) Feb '10 John s 1
News Waived by Knicks, Jones back in Miami (Aug '08) Aug '08 OLD PRO 7
News Miami Heat brings back forward Bobby Jones (Aug '08) Aug '08 s dub 4
News Ewing would love to see son come to Knicks (May '08) May '08 REED DID THE DEED 1
News D'Antoni must resist Garden of Eden (May '08) May '08 Tango 19
News Isiah not shutting door on Knicks (Apr '08) Apr '08 Bob 1
More from around the web