Jeers or cheers? Easy in hindsight

Jeers or cheers? Easy in hindsight

There are 121 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from May 14, 2007, titled Jeers or cheers? Easy in hindsight. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Donnie Walsh saw this as a solo mission. "Believe me, the scouts weren't willing to go on the stage with me," Walsh said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: Jan 07

United States

#129 May 22, 2007
Salt lake city T wrote:
<quoted text>Im with you on every thing except for dante we have got to cut the fumble/interception machine! The dolphins will never win with him a QB and that is why I said to take a chance on quinn. I hope trent green can mentor Jon beck into a great QB- even if he is a mormon he's a dolphin now! Cimson tide can have nick the prik saban!
Well, if your line stinks, and ours does, it doesn't really matter much who you have at QB, they aren't going to fare very well, unless they have a lightning fast release ala Dan Marino. I really don't know how Beck will pan out, but I'm sure he won't be doing much of anything except get the crap kicked out of him behind that sorry bunch any time soon. Cam and company had best keep him on the bench until they build a line that can protect him. The last thing he needs is to have his confidence destroyed getting buried under an avalanch of 300+ lb defensive linemen every pass play. Carr and Harrington might have been able to develop into good QB's if their teams had done that for them. At any rate, DC never had a season, even last year playing behind the worst line he ever played behind, where he completed less than 60% of his passes...that guy is a pretty good QB when he's healthy...but even he needs help, and the only thing his line excels at in Miami is turning around and yelling "LOOKOU...oooo!" I don't think you give up on a proven 3 time pro bowler you gave up a 2nd rounder for after just 4 games...I think you fix the line, let the man heal, THEN see what he can do before you let him go... I have no problem bringing Green in as long as we just pay him league minimum and we don't give up any pick for him...he's 37 years old and one more concussion from retirement. Pass on him otherwise...he's not an investment, he's stop gap, nothing more. As for Ginn...he'll definately help us in the return game...I don't think he'll be much of a receiver though...I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it...his hands are average at best and he couldn't run a pass pattern if his life depended on it. It's going to take some SERIOUS coaching to get his game to where it needs to be for him to be a complete receiver...he's so raw defenders will need to wash their hands every time they touch him or risk getting salmonella poisoning!:)

Scott

I root for Miami and anybody that plays the Jets or the Crimson Tide!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Renaldo Balkman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nuggets sad that Melo had to take Billups with ... (Feb '11) Feb '11 jime k 1
News Hochman: Rough NBA? It's Mr. Nice Guy era (Feb '10) Feb '10 John s 1
News Waived by Knicks, Jones back in Miami (Aug '08) Aug '08 OLD PRO 7
News Miami Heat brings back forward Bobby Jones (Aug '08) Aug '08 s dub 4
News Ewing would love to see son come to Knicks (May '08) May '08 REED DID THE DEED 1
News D'Antoni must resist Garden of Eden (May '08) May '08 Tango 19
News Isiah not shutting door on Knicks (Apr '08) Apr '08 Bob 1
More from around the web